Who's considering getting a new Boss?

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Well it seems I will have to see the new BOSS in person before I can make an accurate judgement and put one in the stable. I agree that the red wheels was not one of the better ideas.
Right now I'm leaning toward the GT500 total bad @$$

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
A saw them in person and they are just as ugly. Not only are they ugly, but they are an exact copy of the Viper, even down to the Laguna Seca edition version. Geez. I won't buy one in the current colors. The orange is actually the least worse in my opinion.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Never comented on color choices as I could always find one I like. Went to the auto show & looked at photos on line as well.

Was ready to buy at least 1 maybe 2

I know some people even think a guy talking with a mad face into a mic is singing but to me it's rap. But hey many listen to it and give them $$$$ to get on MTV Cribs

But I cannot see myself in any of the busy new age graphics and color combos and don't have the drive in me to buy one and tear it apart to paint so I'll wait ....maybe next year.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Hell Guys, I like the new color scheme. I ordered an orange with black graphics and recaro seats as a backup to the silver and red LS I prefer. Turns out my dealer isnt getting an LS so I will be getting the standard orange BOSS (God willing and the river dont rise!)

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I suppose I'm the odd man out. I studied the Boss 302 LS at Barrett-Jackson (black-red) and I didn't think it looked bad. I would prefer something a bit more muted, but I would buy and drive a black LS. Serious hardware at a killer price. In 2013 they'll probably offer a different color. I'd love a yellow one with black trim. There was a Grabber Blue-Black Boss 302 LS at B-J too. That paint combo was a slight additional charge as the car auctioned for $440,000.00. It was 1 of 1.

Chip

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Buy a GTCS and open the ford racing catalog for mods. I have the boss splitter, the laguna seca spoiler, Shelby gt grill. My bud with the 11 gt350 has the ford racing blower and suspension. It beat all super snakes and cobras on the track.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Cheap Trick.

Buy a GTCS and open the ford racing catalog for mods. I have the boss splitter, the laguna seca spoiler, Shelby gt grill. My bud with the '11 GT350 has the Ford Racing blower and suspension. It beat all super snakes and cobras on the track.

My little Shelby GT has the 550 HP Ford Racing blower and Ford Racing suspension. It rides like a buckboard wagon on rough roads but when the pavement is smooth it is a giant killer. Unbelievably, ridiculously fast. It blew my stock GT500 away. I bought 4 brand new Ford GT front wheels (18" X 9") which have perfect offset for a Mustang and will mount Hoosier R-6s. Can't wait to try it at the track. All that said, I still want a yellow Boss 302 LS. Can you make that happen for me Dave?? :biggrin

Chip

Attachments

• Shelby 1.jpg
    Shelby 1.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Shelby 2.jpg
    Shelby 2.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 171

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
I just got back from the Chicago Auto show to see the Boss in person. I thought they looked pretty good. A liittle bold, yes, but it looks like the car can back it up. Ford had a Boss strapped to a dyno and ran it up on the hour. Man, that thing winds wayyy faster than my new/old windsor. On a side note, the torture tested ecoboost truck motor was tore down and on display. What a solid bullet. Also, VW had the best models.

Steve

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Also, VW had the best models.

Steve

Pictures???....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005

Thanks :) - My black LS is scheduled to be built next week. Until it arrives, all I have are pictures and videos to look at.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Saw the car tonight at the Chicago Auto Show. Irrespective the color controversy, the car was supremely popular. Ford was starting the car every 2 hours for a few minutes. My son and I just missed the last starting, but onlookers (onhearers?) raved about how the car sounded.
Were I buying one, orange-black would be my choice.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I'm first on the list at my Ford dealer for the '13 LS. I'm hoping it has the '70 style striping.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I just got off the phone with my local Ford dealer.He found me a silver Boss 302 Laguna Seca
On a funny note I have spent more money at my Ford dealer than anywhere else!
I guess thats why the owner is so accommodating!
You could say I’m very excited!!!!!!

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I just got off the phone with my local Ford dealer.He found me a silver Boss 302 Laguna Seca

That's awesome Ron! Congratulations!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Looking forward to reading your evaluation! :thumbsup

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
3 new B2s on EBay right now. I'm thinking, that's pretty fast, no? I though they were late spring delivery?

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
I want oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee