Who is in CANADA??

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Sorry, but I forget how many of our fellow GT owners are in CANADA, Who's out there? I need some edumacation :frown

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
me...eh :biggrin

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Me too. In Edmonton. There's quite a few of us in Alberta, and a few from both Ontario and BC as well. We likes our beer cold and our women hot. What else you need to know? ;-)

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Met you and little Timmy at R3 in Vegas, great stories.
I am in Chestermere just outside of Calgary Alberta.
Shoot me a pm with your # if you think I can be of any help

:cheers
Trent

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
More than likely I'll be in hockeystickland sometime this next week.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
More than likely I'll be in hockeystickland sometime this next week.

You'll fit right in, hockeypuck! (With apologies to Mr. Rickles)

'You goin' racin' up in B.C. again, Jeffey?

FGT1987

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 5, 2007
OK, I’ll take a stab at this one. I’m assuming you’re referring to owners and not just forum members - I’m sure you could get the number of forum members from DBK.

Since there were originally 277 cars allocated for Canada in 06 (none in 05) and assuming most were actually bought and still not sitting in dealers showrooms this number would be a good starting point.

I have read on the forum where of the 4038 cars built there are approximately 3000 left -this was just a guess but seems somewhat reasonable. So, assuming all things being equal and the death rate of the cars in Canada is probably the same as the U.S. then we’re down to approx. 208 cars.

I believe in 08 that the restriction for moving the cars back and forth across the border got lifted when Canada and the US amalgamated the bumper/collision standards. So, the question is how many cars have gone north to south as compared to cars going south to north. On this I have no idea but I suspect the number of cars going either way would be about the same – just a gut feeling.

So, my guess would be around 200 cars.

Personally, I know of 5 other owners in the Vancouver area and I’m sure there’s plenty that I’m just not aware of.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
That 3000 is too low; I thougt 10-15% being damaged was the #.

So Yes, 400-600 are salvage, but 95% of those were rebuilt.

Rarely did I see a GT burned to ashes or reduced to half its size (recall 2-4 photos).

SO probably 3500 left in reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
I am Canadian amongst other things

:beer2:

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
I am in BC , Canada , where the 40Km/hr over the speed limit law exists which almost made me lose my ride a week or so ago

Quite a story if anyone wants to hear it

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
I am in BC , Canada , where the 40Km/hr over the speed limit law exists which almost made me lose my ride a week or so ago

Quite a story if anyone wants to hear it

Sounds like an opportunity for a new thread - do tell!
Lady Moose

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Sounds like an opportunity for a new thread - do tell!
Lady Moose
Humm! I guess I am curious as well!

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
OK here is the story , Recently in BC Canada there was a new law imposed stating that if you drive more than 40km/hr over the posted speed limit you lose your ride for 7 days and face fines exceeding 2 grand , I did not know about this new law as it was imposed only 2 days prior to the incident as described below , I wonder if simillar laws exist in the hometowns of other GT owners on the site

On September 22,2010 I said to the wife lets take the GT out for a cruise , as we have only had it out of the garage a couple of times this year

We head out towards Fort langley and it was a beautiful night for a drive , so I was telling my wife how much I enjoyed the car and I was quite happy just going the speed limit the whole night just to enjoy the weather and the scenery as we were travelling down River road outside Fort Langley

When cruising in the GT it is quite common to have the cars in font of you slow to a near stop pace just to make you pass so I guess they can have a look , I would do the same , this exact situation occured on river road so i decdied to put my foot into a little to go by this guy and then slow down right away , according to the Police I put my foot a little to hard into it 130 in a 60 zone , ouchhhh !!!

As soon as I passed the slow car I crossed through a 4 car Police speed trap , not very good timing to say the least , I didnt notice them on my tail until I heard the sirens and looked in the mirrior to see 4 cars chasing me down , not much of a chase I might add as i pulled over immediately

I should mention while all of this was going on I had no idea about this new law that came into effect 2 days prior

One of the officers came to my window and I tried to pass him the registration and license and all he wanted was my keys , I asked why and he said do you know about the new law , I said no and he said that is too bad because we are going to impound your baby , well he didnt say baby , I just added that in

To make a long story short I pleaded with the officers for quite a while and I think due to my driving record and being a rarely driven dream car they graciously let me off with a $500.00 speeding ticket and a firm warning , I felt like the luckiest guy alive , as I have heard horror stories about what can happen to a car once in an impound yard , never mind what can happen when they are trying to tow it

The officers were just doing their job and I really appreciate what they did for me , I just caution everyone out there to be aware when you are putting your foot into the GT or whatever , this law is very real and very scary in BC Canada

I also saw the Police impounding 3 motorcycles on 88th avenue on the weekend , the low bed tow truick was loading them up when I went bye

I am now concerned abouit driving the car as every time I take it out it is soooo easy to go 40k over the posted limit and where we live the cops are everywhere

Thats my story

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like they did treat your quite fairly.

I once got clocked in Nevada while going about the same speed. I was headed to the race track at Fernally, I was clocked from an airplane at 130. Some kid in a van was taking pictures of me and swerving into my lane. I sped up just a while to get way from him. I explained it to the officer, who was sympathetic and cited me for going 80 in a 75 mph zone. I think the ticket was about $65.

Well not to divert the tread anymore, who else here is from Canada?

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Rob, I'm SO glad they didn't impound your car. There was a 21 year old kid driving a Scuderia about 2 weeks ago up the road to the Needles ferry, and his car got impounded. I should confirm "HIS" car, NOT his dad's, so apart from the speeding, he's doing something right....... Time and a place. Maybe both the time and place is MMP for Rally VI???

MTDGT

GT Owner
Apr 6, 2006
I am in Alberta
MTDGT

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
I'm CANADIAN, but not in Canada. :slap

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Here's some good edumacation for ya. Pretty much all true..... http://youtu.be/BRI-A3vakVg

Hans

Jul 16, 2008
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
I live in Saskatchewan, but Im posting this from Florida.

ps. If anything is going on around Tampa or Sarasota, let me know. Weve got a vacation home down here so we're in the area often and would love to join

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Hmmm a Canadian in Florida - who'd a thunk it. :biggrin

Just a poke, I am from originally from Sask as well and would gladly swap climates. :thumbsup