What's Going On With All These GT's Being Sold?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Interesting catch Fred. The mileage has to be wrong after trips to Indy and Newport.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Trendiness

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I'm one of the founders of a local bank and we had our monthly board meeting yesterday. This post has provided me a unique perspective into a number of folk's investment/spending/debt/financing patterns. On top of all else mentioned here, the U.S. is facing significant write offs of credit card bad debt including a recent $4B write down, more to come. Extremely liberal credit limits, lax approval procedures and multiple credit card advances has resulted in crushing credit card debt, for consumers and by extension lenders.

As someone else said, we're in another cycle; however, this one is not yet over. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
See...even Bony is cyclical. Or is it senility? :lol

We are NOT headed in a 'R', markey is going through a need adjustment.

There are plenty of folks who always forecast doom.

Listen today to Bob Brinker on his national radio show. You will learn more than watching B-J.

Most people buy at the top and sell at the bottom.

Take a deep breath!

Life is great!

Regarding the car market, is going where is should. Collector cars are toys, not investments. The prices at B-J are higher than I expected. Guys buying many of the cars are dealers I lknow. :)

We are NOT headed in a 'R', markey is going through a need adjustment.

There are plenty of folks who always forecast doom.

Listen today to Bob Brinker on his national radio show. You will learn more than watching B-J.

Most people buy at the top and sell at the bottom.

Take a deep breath!

Life is great!

Regarding the car market, is going where is should. Collector cars are toys, not investments. The prices at B-J are higher than I expected. Guys buying many of the cars are dealers I lknow. :)

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
I'm one of the founders of a local bank and we had our monthly board meeting yesterday. This post has provided me a unique perspective into a number of folk's investment/spending/debt/financing patterns. On top of all else mentioned here, the U.S. is facing significant write offs of credit card bad debt including a recent $4B write down, more to come. Extremely liberal credit limits, lax approval procedures and multiple credit card advances has resulted in crushing credit card debt, for consumers and by extension lenders.

As someone else said, we're in another cycle; however, this one is not yet over. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Excellent points!! As I was saying, this cycle is doing it's objective...to make a correction! It got a bit outa hand on the housing end. The economy will correct itself when it is all said and done. I feel also this cycle is not done. It will get worse, but sooner rather than later.

If anyone here has studied the Fair Tax, (a book by Neal Boortz and Rep. John Linder I believe), and I mean "studied" I would be interested to share thoughts. I will start another thread on that topic as this thread about GT prices turned into an economic forum. I think it would be interesting to hear other opinions there.As for the GT prices... it is seasonal, and I would expect prices to again rise come springtime. How much, I don't know...I'm no "Carnac the Magnificent"

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
ok guys, sorry to be gone for a while but I needed some time away to devote to the family. We had a loss and thank you all for your comments and prayers.

As for the car. I'm just changing colors ... thats all. Love the Heritage but it draws too much attention and its hard to really enjoy her at speed. A GT is still a GT but most people only identify a car by the color. So when they call the hipo on the cell phone its a yellow, blue, or whatever car ... when I fly by its that "65" car. Its not like I can tell a cop "honest officer it was the other number 65 car that was speeding... not me!" :bored

I may come to my senses and keep the car ... I have a few more days and a certain dollar amount that I would like to see.

Frank you are right .. the miles where a typo ... she has 9407 on her when I placed her undercover.

Matt is right .. I am looking and will stay in the fold.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'll Stay Tuned

... I'm just changing colors ... thats all. Love the Heritage but it draws too much attention and its hard to really enjoy her at speed. A GT is still a GT but most people only identify a car by the color. So when they call the hipo on the cell phone its a yellow, blue, or whatever car ... when I fly by its that "65" car. Its not like I can tell a cop "honest officer it was the other number 65 car that was speeding... not me!" :bored

I may come to my senses and keep the car ...

HUUUUUMMMMM.

:pop

I'll stay tuned.

Attachments

• YOU WILL REGRET IT.JPG
    YOU WILL REGRET IT.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 252

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Steve, I'm sorry for your loss.

We're relieved to learn that you'll be staying in the fold - good.

So, I gather you've been stopped based on some cell phone tip and HiPo gave you a verbal warning?

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
is it fair to say that the economy in so cal is almost completely different then anywhere else when you consider the population and the millions of million+ track (trac/tract) homes/developements that are out here?.... they are everywhere..... I mean everywhere

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Everyone, sell your GT and buy a Prius! :banana

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Every time the Fed eases credit, the U.S. dollar tanks further. Oil spikes over a hundred a barrel. The housing crisis and the sub-prime lending debacle point out how severely the real estate developers and the 'flippers" have been hammered. Morgan, Merrill and seemingly bullet-proof banks are being spun off to foreigners.
Many exotic car owners consider these types of cars as "image" toys or status symbols and when the SH*T hits the fan, as it currently has, the toys are the first to go.
Because of the increasing rarity of the FGT's, it's my personal opinion that these cars will increase in value, perhaps not a much as a good stock or bond, but surely a hell of a lot more fun, even siting in the garage!
Again, simply a personal opinion.
Welcome to the recession and yes, I DO drive mine like I stole it!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Many exotic car owners consider these types of cars as "image" toys or status symbols and when the SH*T hits the fan, as it currently has, the toys are the first to go.

True in many cases ... but certainly not in all.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Everyone, sell your GT and buy a Prius! :banana

The day will come for the Prius. Eventually, many will realize that they paid about $5,000 too much for an unexciting daily driver, the batteries will start to need replacement, and they won't be able to give them away. So, they'll start their very own environmental impact...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
You can thank the greens for our energy situation. If we used nuclear for 75% of our electrical needs like France does..., and tapped our oil resources coupled with fuel efficient vehicles we would not be in this mess.

Only a misguided person taps a home equity loan for anything but to purchase or improve existing real estate. The only excuse would be to finance education.

Folks tapped the line of credit to purchase collector cars, vacations, flat screens etc.

Regarding our FGT's the day Ford comes out with the replacement car pur cars will crash down 40% in value. Ford built to many cars for ours to appreciate. Remember Carroll Shelby's advise, build far less and charge double.

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
The economy is cyclical. I guess I am showing my age...but I/we have seen this all before.

+ 1

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Agreed...and well said.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Ford built to many cars for ours to appreciate.

I appreciate mine:tongue

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ford built to many cars for ours to appreciate.

I appreciate mine:tongue

:rofl:rofl:rofl :thumbsup :cheers

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Regarding our FGT's the day Ford comes out with the replacement car pur cars will crash down 40% in value. Ford built to many cars for ours to appreciate. Remember Carroll Shelby's advise, build far less and charge double.

If Ford were to build a replacement or newer version in the next few years (not likely) I believe your correct. If they produce something 8 to 10+ years from now IMHO it may even help our valve. Our cars would then be thought of as "Original Ford GTs" and not last years model.:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Steve, I would not debate your point.

Sad Ford does not have a halo car.
Perhaps with a new marketing head and the impact of our forum we might be instore for a surprise.