What would you be looking to buy next?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I like this but don't know enough about them, and don't have time to drive more cars anyway https://www.bjmotors.biz/2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-c-13638.htm

Used-2016-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350.jpg

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
I like this but don't know enough about them, and don't have time to drive more cars anyway https://www.bjmotors.biz/2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-c-13638.htm

I did a DE this weekend with a friend that just got a 2020 GT350. It was awesome. His second DE ever, and his first with this car, and he loved it (and was fast, of course). His is Twister Orange with no stripes. Hard not to like a car with 526 HP and 8000+ redline and 3 pedals.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Hey bud, my apologies for not seeing your reply sooner. Here are a few pics for you.

View attachment 61914View attachment 61915

Glad we're not alone with liking red interiors. It's funny, when my wife bought the car (it was on consignment in St Louis at an exotic dealer) she wasn't sure she was going to like the interior. The Ultra Blue was the exterior color she wanted, but 99% of the are black interiors. The moment it arrived and she opened the door, she fell in love with the interior! It's so so beautiful, especially against a bright blue metallic exterior color. Super rare color combo (only '18 SVR in this combo in the US, and 1 of 3 in the world that year). Had it not been red, it would be all black with thin blue highlights around the seat edges. This is so much better and looks fantastic!

Looks fantastic. That is a great Red. I like most reds as long as they aren't lipstick red.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Has there been any changes in the motors since 2018? My GT350R motor failed on first track day after 1100 miles break in and oil change. The second motor had no issues to 4500 miles...I miss that car

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Has there been any changes in the motors since 2018? My GT350R motor failed on first track day after 1100 miles break in and oil change. The second motor had no issues to 4500 miles...I miss that car
yes Ford changed a few things starting in 19-20.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2019-voodoo-changes.124665/

Reactions: 2112

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Really Chip? I've considered one for years so would like to hear your thoughts.

I'll PM you my cell #. Too much to write. But a couple things I'll put here. I'm 5'11" and I did not fit comfortably at all. Had to remove the quick disconnect steering wheel to get in and out. And compared to my 2006 GT the Superformance GT handled like a school bus. Remember how the magazines raved about the great handling of the 1964 GTO or '69 Z-28? In their day that was about as good as it got. But you drive one today and think "Good God this is awful!!" Everything took a lot of work to go fast. Steering, brakes, shifting, everything. I know some really experienced GT40 drivers can haul in those cars and Richard Petty went like hell in a Pontiac Bonneville but they just aren't fun if you are use to the effortless speed of the 2005-6 GT. I KNEW I was going to love it, I WANTED to love it, and then I drove it and reality vaporized my desire. I'd still like to buy a roller painted Speed Yellow with black stripes to match my other two GT's. I'd skip installing an engine & trans-axle and just put it on display in my living room. They are beautiful.

Chip

Reactions: 2112

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006

Those are great cars for the money, BUT, this particular one is a 2016 WITHOUT the track pack. In 2016 Ford offered 5 different order configurations to appeal to different buyers. If you see a 350 with the very small spoiler like above, this car is one without the optional Track Package. That means there are no coolers on the car. No oil, transmission or differential coolers. Plus the track pack also gives Magnaride, HD front springs, IDC (integrated driver control system) and an aluminum strut tower brace, along with the larger raises spoiler on the rear. This is fine if your just driving it normally or to your local C&C but a definite NO-NO on a track. The 2016s with the larger angled rear deck spoiler (not the R carbon wing) had the track pack BUT you were unable to get the SYNC 3 touch screen.

Really a messed up way or ordering a car for that model year (I sold Fords for over 23 years until this February when I left on disability due to chronic severe Crohn's disease). My good customer ordered his '16 with the track package (as he's a HPD instructor) but always hated not having the 8" screen (lots of buttons instead). For 2017, the track package with all the coolers and larger wing then became standard. Just an FYI for those who didn't know the difference. Great car for the money, especially on the used end.

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
Looks fantastic. That is a great Red. I like most reds as long as they aren't lipstick red.

Thanks bud. Definitely the right shade if red. They actually call it "Pimento Red leather". So cool whenever we get in.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Hey bud, my apologies for not seeing your reply sooner. Here are a few pics for you.

pxl_20201207_211427669-jpg.61914

Glad we're not alone with liking red interiors. It's funny, when my wife bought the car (it was on consignment in St Louis at an exotic dealer) she wasn't sure she was going to like the interior. The Ultra Blue was the exterior color she wanted, but 99% of the are black interiors. The moment it arrived and she opened the door, she fell in love with the interior! It's so so beautiful, especially against a bright blue metallic exterior color. Super rare color combo (only '18 SVR in this combo in the US, and 1 of 3 in the world that year). Had it not been red, it would be all black with thin blue highlights around the seat edges. This is so much better and looks fantastic!

Reminds me of this Viper's " Demonic Red" interior https://www.bjmotors.biz/2016-dodge-viper-acr-extreme-c-13614.htm

Used-2016-Dodge-Viper-ACR-Extreme.jpg

Reactions: 06VistaBlueGT

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I'll PM you my cell #. Too much to write. But a couple things I'll put here. I'm 5'11" and I did not fit comfortably at all. Had to remove the quick disconnect steering wheel to get in and out. And compared to my 2006 GT the Superformance GT handled like a school bus. Remember how the magazines raved about the great handling of the 1964 GTO or '69 Z-28? In their day that was about as good as it got. But you drive one today and think "Good God this is awful!!" Everything took a lot of work to go fast. Steering, brakes, shifting, everything. I know some really experienced GT40 drivers can haul in those cars and Richard Petty went like hell in a Pontiac Bonneville but they just aren't fun if you are use to the effortless speed of the 2005-6 GT. I KNEW I was going to love it, I WANTED to love it, and then I drove it and reality vaporized my desire. I'd still like to buy a roller painted Speed Yellow with black stripes to match my other two GT's. I'd skip installing an engine & trans-axle and just put it on display in my living room. They are beautiful.

Chip

For what it's worth, I too always thought I would own a Superformance GT40. Just stunning to look at. About five years ago, I had the chance to sit in a new one that was at the Superformance dealer in Naples FL. Gorgeous in the gulf Blue livery with all the decals. I'm 6' 2" and tried to get in, and as Chip said they had to remove the steering wheel for me to even sit in it. Then I put the steering wheel back on. I couldn't close the door then, my leg was in the way. I asked the salesman if most tall customers just drove with the door open. He laughed and said they could cut down the seat foam so I fit in it better. I said no thanks. Really could not believe how small the car is inside. Gave me a lot more respect for the drivers that raced these things. Still for me, one of the most beautiful cars I've seen.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Chip
I'll put it another way, I'm sure Chip can relate since he also had a Cobra.

The Cobra is a "man's car". No power anything. Steering, braking, controlling the car all require attention. Especially braking with no power assist you have to remember to brake earlier and with a lot more pressure. Then add the fact that the short wheelbase makes it very squirelly.

Now take the Cobra attributes and squat it down and remove all vestigages of visibility and couple the fact that you do not sit in a GT40 (or to a lesser debree, the Cobra) - you wear it.

At least you can see in a Cobra, and I'll tell you that it's a driving experience that prepares you to drive pretty much anything.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
If I had the room, I would seriously consider one of the Roush mustangs. Stage 3 (750bp) , compétition package, and can have a 6 speed manual! 5 year warranty as well!

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006

That looks stunning with the grey exterior color. Love these combinations of exterior/interior.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yup, they are weird as F but I love em. Buying a car in the US and bringing it home to Canada is a bit difficult right now so I am hoping one will pop up in Canada. One of my criterial about a car purchase is that I must be able to drive it home, no matter where I buy the car. My longest journey was 10 years ago when I bought a car out of Oklahoma City and drove it back home to Canmore, Alberta via a stop over in Vegas.

Drove my Ford GT home with my wife from Vegas last year. That was a great trip.

Gotta be able to drive my cars home, that's a big part of the purchase experience for me.

QSS

Another weird one for you;

800-Mile 2005 Spyker C8 Spyder for sale on BaT Auctions - ending January 19 (Lot #41,869) | Bring a Trailer

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Oh yeah, that's nice. I like the coupe better but this one is a nice car and only 800 miles.

Thanks for the heads up.

QSS

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Aston Martin V12 manual

Reactions: ByeEnzo

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Aston Martin V12 manual

Agreed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Title of the thread is what to buy "next", are you suggesting your buying another? (ha)

Aston Martin V12 manual

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'll put it another way, I'm sure Chip can relate since he also had a Cobra.

The Cobra is a "man's car". No power anything. Steering, braking, controlling the car all require attention. Especially braking with no power assist you have to remember to brake earlier and with a lot more pressure. Then add the fact that the short wheelbase makes it very squirelly.

Now take the Cobra attributes and squat it down and remove all vestigages of visibility and couple the fact that you do not sit in a GT40 (or to a lesser debree, the Cobra) - you wear it.

At least you can see in a Cobra, and I'll tell you that it's a driving experience that prepares you to drive pretty much anything.

Although this is at least 'inferred' in Tony's comments above, it probably should be stated directly:
Anyone who might be even slightly claustrophobic (or has a spouse who is and 'said spouse usually accompanies you) would be well advised to sit in a GT40 with its doors closed before even beginning to look for one to buy. A GT40 truly IS a car that's "worn" - occupants do not just simply sit "in" one. The expression ("You do not sit in a GT40 - you wear it") is darned close to being a 100% literal fact.
Wifey was not at all 'comfy' in the MKII we sat in...she couldn't get out of it quick enough once the doors were closed.

JMPO. OMV.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This wouldn't be too shabby to own just based on its looks alone...even though it does appear to be a 2-cycle (01:37!) ;-)

Reactions: Fast Freddy