Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
:lol

I'm watching the masters at the moment - Mickleson yesterday was just outstanding, just the most amazing golf I've seen in a while. Can't wait for tonight. :cheers

I can't quite make my mind up on Tiger (or Cheetah as his new branding should be). Part of me says what he does in his spare time has zero to do with his golf, the other part says he's a scoundrel. On balance he's not running for Pope, so I kind of ignore the stories. I do wonder what the other golfers say to him though when they meet!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I can't quite make my mind up on Tiger (or Cheetah as his new branding should be). Part of me says what he does in his spare time has zero to do with his golf, the other part says he's a scoundrel. On balance he's not running for Pope, so I kind of ignore the stories.

The main issue many have with him now boils down to the huge divide between his widely accepted (crafted?) IMAGE and actual reality. That said, he himself has never claimed to be a saint that I can recall. It's others who have pinned that label on him (to one degree or another) - 'largely the "LAMEstream media" (-Goldberg) - and set the bar for him w/o consulting HIM! (Who among us actually measures up to the standards OTHERS may have set for us?)

Even recognizing that for the actual "truth"(?) it may be, I've lost quite a bit of the respect I held for him.

Perfect Pockets

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Perhaps he exemplifies "It is better so ask forgiveness than permission".

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Perhaps he exemplifies "It is better so ask forgiveness than permission".

That was a frequent quote from a former Bay Area talk show host, he ask for forgiveness, but the judge gave him time in a Fed Pen. instead.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Michelson's victory at Augusta is a breath of fresh air in contrast to the Tiger saga - a great finish on Sunday. Perhaps Nike will call him yet this evening.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That shot on the 13th was phenomenal - he really deserved to win. I haven't enjoyed the Masters so much for a long time.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Most moving beautiful golf tournament in a long time, Way to go Phil!!!

Would we be as upset if Tiger hadn't been married? I always thought his biggest mistake was getting married.

Larry

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
That shot on the 13th was phenomenal - he really deserved to win. I haven't enjoyed the Masters so much for a long time.

That was a dynamite shot and it really seemed to provide the adrenalin/momentum to carry him - it would surely have been great to have been in Augusta today. His win may also have positive impact on the game, when it needs it most.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That was a dynamite shot and it really seemed to provide the adrenalin/momentum to carry him - it would surely have been great to have been in Augusta today. His win may also have positive impact on the game, when it needs it most.

His 3rd round too was extraordinary, a five shot gain in 3 holes. The guy was on fire.

Whilst I would have loved Westwood to have won, he was soundly beaten by Mickelson who even had the skill to birdie 18. Westwood was playing solid golf, Mickelson was playing another higher game, I was absolutely gripped. The fact that Mickelson was also playing wild too - hitting the ball as hard as he could - was another hugely enjoyable aspect.

Fred Couples was a joy to watch too.

Lovely stuff!

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Most moving beautiful golf tournament in a long time, Way to go Phil!!!

Would we be as upset if Tiger hadn't been married? I always thought his biggest mistake was getting married.

Larry

isn't it always? :lol :bored :ack

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
...watch 'til the end to see what Tiger's mom thinks.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hf1WALHmNk

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
^ hahahahahhahahha

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
...watch 'til the end to see what Tiger's mom thinks.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hf1WALHmNk

:lol:lol:lol:lol

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Regular guy...

This just in from Augusta...a forward from a friend who knows the owner.

This morning we had an unexpected guest in the drive thru
> at shop 481 in > Augusta, Ga. (the Washington Road location). Please
> note his choice of > attire!(
See attached file: Phil at kkd.jpg)

Attachments

• Phil.jpg
    Phil.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 53

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Priceless !!

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal

Now that is truly great!!!!