What is your ROTATION number?

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Hi guys and gals. Work on the SAAC GT Registry is coming along well - I have over 1100 GT's registered so far. It occured to me the other day that it might be useful sometime in the future to be able to associate Rotation numbers with VIN numbers. So, if you know what the rotation number of your car is, would you please submit it to me for the SAAC GT database?

If you have already submitted the info to me on your car, just send me the last four digits of your VIN plus the ROT number. If you have not previously submitted your info to me, please include your full VIN number, the colors and options on your car, as well as the ROT number, if you know it.

NewFordGTRegistrar@SAAC.com

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Jeff Burgy
SAAC New Ford GT Registrar

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Would the rotation # be listed on the dealer invoice? There is a Batch-ID listed on the invoice that I have. There is also a bar code with a long number below it.

Last edited:
M

Mark O

When I told Mrs O that I wanted to buy a GT, she told me to rotate on this. :thumbsup .......Except it wasn't her thumb. :eek

I guess that makes me rotation number one.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Rotation number is/was on one of the yellow stickers on your windshield - just under the sticker with the last 4 of the VIN ( also a yellow sticker).

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Jeff, or someone, explain ROT. What does it mean in terms of production process? Is the number located anywhere other than the yellow sheet that KMCBOSS refers to?

Thanks

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
rotation and VIN

Jeff - just submitted my Rot Number and VIN to the attached web site. Please let me know if you need more info.
andy
AJB VIN 0541 Rot #2569
Blue /White stripes 2006

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Many thanks for the quick responses. Several people asked where they would find their rotation number
- so far, the only place I know to find it is on a sticker on the windshield, like this:

1FAFP90S56Y400423.jpg

The larger sticker on top, has the last four of the vehicle VIN number, the smaller sticker below shows the rotation number. I am not aware that this number appears anywhere else on the car or any of the paperwork that you might normally get with the car. It IS everywhere in the white "Build Book" that traveled down the line with the car, as this number was used by Saleen to track units before they received their VIN serialization.

I have noticed that '05 models have a white (as opposed to yellow in the example above) sticker with the VIN, while our neighbors to the North get red stickers with a maple leaf design on them. I believe all of the rotation number stickers I've seen have been yellow, regardless of model year or market destination.

Thanks again for submitting your information.

regards,

Jeff Burgy

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Jeff, or someone, explain ROT. What does it mean in terms of production process? Is the number located anywhere other than the yellow sheet that KMCBOSS refers to?

Thanks

This the the actual production number. IE the if your car is 1723, that means it was the 1723th car to roll down the line (roughly). The VIN, is not necessarily the build order. The rotation number is assigned when the body in white 1st rolled into Saleen, and is how all of the cars were tracked internally.

css 290

GT Owner
Sep 6, 2006
Mobile, Alabama
rotation number

My yellow sticker is gone--removed by the dealership---now how do I find out the RN?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My yellow sticker is gone--removed by the dealership---now how do I find out the RN?

ditto.... same here sadly.
Nice avatar, great looking garage:lol

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Jeff, do you have access to the Saleen log books used for vehicle assembly. If so perhaps all the info you need will be right there. Ed

GT Cindy

Aug 29, 2006
Home Town of Henry Ford
All 05's are J4 - _ _ _ _ (white stickers), 06's are J1 - _ _ _ _ (yellow stickers). The Canadian vehicles were (red stickers). All of the rotation numbers were printed on (yellow stickers). Hope this helps clarify.

GT Cindy

Many thanks for the quick responses. Several people asked where they would find their rotation number
- so far, the only place I know to find it is on a sticker on the windshield, like this:

1FAFP90S56Y400423.jpg

The larger sticker on top, has the last four of the vehicle VIN number, the smaller sticker below shows the rotation number. I am not aware that this number appears anywhere else on the car or any of the paperwork that you might normally get with the car. It IS everywhere in the white "Build Book" that traveled down the line with the car, as this number was used by Saleen to track units before they received their VIN serialization.

I have noticed that '05 models have a white (as opposed to yellow in the example above) sticker with the VIN, while our neighbors to the North get red stickers with a maple leaf design on them. I believe all of the rotation number stickers I've seen have been yellow, regardless of model year or market destination.

Thanks again for submitting your information.

regards,

Jeff Burgy

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
Does anyone know how I can get the rotation number of my car if the ROT sticker was removed at the time of sale? I have been referring to my car as #1872 but these are the last 4 digits of the VIN, not the ROT.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
All 05's are J4 - _ _ _ _ (white stickers), 06's are J1 - _ _ _ _ (yellow stickers). The Canadian vehicles were (red stickers). All of the rotation numbers were printed on (yellow stickers). Hope this helps clarify.

GT Cindy

Sorry Cindy, I'm going to have to rock the boat on that one. My car is an early '05, # 0298 and the dealer was sharp enough to save all the stickers and apply them to a posterboard in the same poitions they came off the car.

My ROT # is 429 but it's on a white sticker, not yellow.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
jdoc I phoned the GT hotline and talked to Cathy. She was very helpful. I gave her the vin and she was able to get my rotation number as well as new stickers for the rotation number and the J1 number redone. The dealer took them of and lost them. She was a great help!!!

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
jdoc I phoned the GT hotline and talked to Cathy. She was very helpful. I gace her the vin and she was able to get my rotation number as well as new stickers for the rotation number and the J1 number redone. The dealer took them of and lost them. She was a great help!!!

I bet Cathy is getting a lot of calls right now. :biggrin

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
My vin is #2005 for a 05
Rot # is J4-1907

My sticker is White not Yellow and has a pinkish paint dot to the left of the J4.

I also noticed that mine has the number written by hand in white letters inside the clampshell scoop cover on the left.

Open the shell, look toward the bumper, the scoop cover with the holes on the left. I took a pic and it showed up with the flash. I never saw it just looking around. I wondered where it came from as the flash made it look like it was written on the scoop cover. Put a flashlight in there and you may see yours too. I can't post a pic as it's not on this computer. Rectangle with holes in it rivited to the shell.

Hope this helps.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Just to clarify, both the vin and rotation stickers are WHITE on my 05. Vin and Rot number above. The car is also white.

jdoc7

GT Owner #1872
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 7, 2007
Central, Illinois
jdoc I phoned the GT hotline and talked to Cathy. She was very helpful. I gace her the vin and she was able to get my rotation number as well as new stickers for the rotation number and the J1 number redone. The dealer took them of and lost them. She was a great help!!!

Cool, since I'm new to the GT scene, can you tell me what the number to the GT hotline is?

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006

GT Cindy

Cindy or Jeff, Are the rotation numbers the EXACT order the cars were built? And even if it was the exact order Saleen built them, that wouldn't necessarily mean that's the order they went down the line at Wixom, right?