what is the offset of the ford gt race wheels?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
can anybody tell me what the bolt pattern and the offset in millimeters of the Ford GT race wheels is? i have found some aftermarket wheels that i am considering buying and they can more or less be made in any size that i want and i want them to be as close to OE as possible....

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Freddy,
I am unfamiliar with what GT "race wheels" you want the information for.
My OE 5-spoke wheels have been on the track many times so I could consider my standard wheels as race wheels.
Likewise many GTs have been on the track with their OE optional BBS forged wheels. Are these wheels you want the offset specs for? Or are there some other wheels you are looking for dimensions for?
If the forged BBS wheels are what you are looking for, as recommended by Rocketman in another post, I would suggest calling BBS in Georgia and asking them.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
^^^^ - Thanks Ralphie :thumbsup that is what i needed.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Freddy,
I am unfamiliar with what GT "race wheels" you want the information for.
My OE 5-spoke wheels have been on the track many times so I could consider my standard wheels as race wheels.
Likewise many GTs have been on the track with their OE optional BBS forged wheels. Are these wheels you want the offset specs for? Or are there some other wheels you are looking for dimensions for?
If the forged BBS wheels are what you are looking for, as recommended by Rocketman in another post, I would suggest calling BBS in Georgia and asking them.

i have the optional BBS forged wheel and am considering having Hawk build me a set of their Peregrine I wheels in 18X9.5 in the front and 19X12 in the rear. my wider Bridgestones would fit better on these...

http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance/wheels.php

Last edited:

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Great! Keep us owners posted on your new Hawk's.

Ralphie's on the road yet still knows where all the information is located. Very helpful pointback Ralphie!!

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Where is the offset measured? I get the backspacing.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
i have the optional BBS forged wheel and am considering having Hawk build me a set of their Peregrine I wheels in 18X9.5 in the front and 19X12 in the rear. my wider Bridgestones would fit better on these...

http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance/wheels.php
Freddy this link doesn't work. :confused

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Where is the offset measured? I get the backspacing.

Don,

It is the distance from centerline to the hub mounting surface. If the dimension is positive, the hub mounting surface is towards the outside of the wheel. If the dimension is negative, the hub mounting surface is towards the inside of the wheel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 168

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Don,

It is the distance from centerline to the hub mounting surface. If the dimension is positive, the hub mounting surface is towards the outside of the wheel. If the dimension is negative, the hub mounting surface is towards the inside of the wheel.

that graph is a great illustration! thanks 4 sharing it :thumbsup

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I sketched it just for you guys. :lol

Guess what dimension this guy failed to grasp:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 65

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Thanks.

Going to Dupont Sat? Probably rain.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Yes. I'll be in either the Cobra or GT500. I just sent my airbag to Shelby for rehab, so no GT for me this weekend.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I sketched it just for you guys. :lol

Guess what dimension this guy failed to grasp:
er.

He wanted insurance against tipping over