What happened to NFGT with the scoop?

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
B8D5E18B-0674-46E5-8C82-4140FCC13807.jpeg

I thought this would be the final model?

Did they cancel the plan and made GT LM as a send off model?

Reactions: JWZ

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I believe that was a prototype or pre production car
DBK could confirm or know the correct answer

Reactions: TACHY

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Yeah, what’s the scoop?

Reactions: extrap

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Thread 'Saw this 2021 at the track today'
https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/threads/saw-this-2021-at-the-track-today.37929/

Think this is one of the mules.
But a cool mule!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There was never any actual functioning plan to produce the road car with that scoop. MM just messing with MKII parts. Till the bitter end, nobody ever believes me. 😂 I said it right here.

The last cars are being built now. I expect the last car produced to be delivered in about 10 weeks.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Could a functioning carbon fiber roof scoop/rear-window be produced by someone? One that allows air flow to the engine but acts as a replacement rear window?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Of course it can be done. Jut time and money. I'm sure BMF would be all over it for the right price.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That scoop wouldn’t really achieve a lot on the road car because it just directs air on a cooler in the MkII where the hydraulic wing mechanism is on the road car. I also think it looks odd without the other MkII bits.

ScottK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
There was never any actual functioning plan to produce the road car with that scoop. MM just messing with MKII parts. Till the bitter end, nobody ever believes me. 😂 I said it right here.

The last cars are being built now. I expect the last car produced to be delivered in about 10 weeks.

I believe you Dave.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
This car must have been a Mk iv

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It was not a MkIV. I saw the first MkIV chassis under construction at MRD last week. The engine was sitting nearby.

Reactions: THamonGT

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
This car i have seen up close and personal. Its owned by a fellow Canadian here in Ontario. Somehow he got the guys at the factory to do this for him. Boy that created a stink. Anyways it removes that little bit of small and hot luggage space that we have.
It simply pushes some air into the engine area. Does look cool from the outside.

Reactions: dshears