GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Maybe you need to meet Mexican Emissions then? Lots a beens?:biggrin

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Gentleman's agreement. This is really ok. I will most likely find another GT500 in a different state, & only pay the sales tax when i register vehicle in the spring.

So much for gentlemen attitude then.. I experienced the same, never paid even one cent over MSRP for my Ferraris...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
So much for gentlemen attitude then.. I experienced the same, never paid even one cent over MSRP for my Ferraris...
Any rumors to when the successor to the F430 will be released? In my area to get a Ferrari at MSRP, 3 years on the waiting list. The one dealer I spoke with had a big attitude, no returned phone calls, spoke with the mgr and a car show, no follow through in what he agreed to do. I seems I must, wine and dine the salesman in order to buy a car. Bought a GT instead!

BlackICE

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Any rumors to when the successor to the F430 will be released? In my area to get a Ferrari at MSRP, 3 years on the waiting list. The one dealer I spoke with had a big attitude, no returned phone calls, spoke with the mgr and a car show, no follow through in what he agreed to do. I seems I must, wine and dine the salesman in order to buy a car. Bought a GT instead!

BlackICE

The rumor is 2010. I gave deposit 2 1/2 years ago for a F430 and have never been called by my dealer. I think the F430 is a Dinosaur now, its 8 years into production on the same body, It really needs more HP and a new body.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
:frown
Christmas has come & gone. I was really disappointed that my White & Blue was not in my drive way Christmas Eve. Today i rec'd my call from my dealer, here in Central PA. When the car was ordered back in October i ordered just the way i wanted. Both the GM & Sales agreed to sell me the GT500 at MSRP. I inspected the vehicle, boy those tires are small....Sat down started filling out the paper work, they added a 20K markup on the Mustang. Was i ever pi$$ed. i gently got up & walked out. Salesperson came ofter me, i explained that i purchased my GT from them, ordered the GT500 at MSRP, & now they wanted to put the screws to me. Let me know in a few months when the car does not sell, and by the way leave it in the wrapper.

Sorry, but not surprised to hear your story. The same happened to me when my first GT was offered to me at $100K over list way back in 2004. The problem is that they will most likely sell the car at at least $12K or more over list, and will probably sell it soon. The internet has extended their sales territory to a global scope. Don't be surprised to see it gone in a few days or a week!!:frown

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
The rumor is 2010. I gave deposit 2 1/2 years ago for a F430 and have never been called by my dealer. I think the F430 is a Dinosaur now, its 8 years into production on the same body, It really needs more HP and a new body.

That's why I have thown in the towel on the idea of a 430 and have resigned myself to hang on to my F360 F1. I like the 360 body a bit more than the 430 plus my Ford GT kicks the ass of the F360 or F430 anyway!

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA

How do you get your Ferraris at MSRP? Newport Beach dealer won't even put you on the list if you don't buy several at way over list!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
How do you get your Ferraris at MSRP? Newport Beach dealer won't even put you on the list if you don't buy several at way over list!

Speak Italian and live in Italy?

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Speak Italian and live in Italy?

I can speak broken spainish (close to Italian) and I'm willing to buy a home in Italy for a while if that's what it takes?

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime

..so let me fill you in:
The Ferrari guys have their order of priority, and the Italian market has always been treated as a priority. Also in respect to deliveries.
To drive the Ferrari Challenge and Lambos in racing helps to get priority too.
If you want one built to your order, or need a personalized factory tour or when you come to Italy maybe want to drive on a trackevent or do a test on a FIA GT car, let me know (PM me) what I can set up for you. Same for Lamborghini, by the way. (I could get currently two factory new LP640's -one all black, other gunpowder grey- in a matter of days via our race team directly from the factory, without mark up BTW ), or have a custom built Special edition leightweight streetracer Gallardo with sequential shifter done (can't order this via a dealer or factory ! ). The latter I think about more and more, that'd be something abnormally cool...

Btw, there is now for the first time a Lamborghini Gallardo ('monomarca') Cup series decided and coming up. Within the FIA GT circuit, starting April'07. .. all cars rear wheel drive only, with tweaked e-gear and big wing and setup like our last years GT3 Lambos, bit lighter and improved suspension- not that it needed that, really.... So much for four wheeling...

...life is unfair, I know....didn't want to brag, but offer help for gouging suffering GT colleagues !
cheers

Stefan

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Stefan-

You have my standing order for a F430 CS if/when it is officially announced. :thumbsup

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Stefan-

You have my standing order for a F430 CS if/when it is officially announced. :thumbsup

hey Chris,
that's new to me, - !!!

it is (officially) announced since Nov'06, will PM you tomorrow. let's see if we can make it work, buddy !

stefan:wink

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
:frown

Sorry, but not surprised to hear your story. The same happened to me when my first GT was offered to me at $100K over list way back in 2004.
I came with euro buyer attitudede, and asked a guy called Carl Vitale at Maroone Ford, what is the price to buy a Ford GT. He said, I was lucky, he had a contract free to choose, that their GM was willig to sell off at no less that 235.000 $ minimum....,
I was happy, ever since...what is a few dollars, in Capitalist US& A !!?

I like, I lika, verry NIACCE ! SeXXy TIME.... STEFAN, AKA BorAT:lol

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
HEY,
TO MY NAIVE excuse, it was the first time I ever bought a NEW car in US& A!:biggrin \\
TODAY i LAUGH AT MY NAIVITY...:lol :lol :lol

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Stefan- Thanks for the info. Wow, sounds like great fun to compete like that! Also, thanks for the offer on a tour and possible order. My wife and I have wanted to visit Italy for a long time now. We just haven't made the time. I am not ready now, but now that I have a fellow GT bud that may lend a helping hand, I might speed up my plans. I've got a few real estate deals that will close towards the end of the year before I can move forward. I'll keep you informed. Hopefully we will have a rally in my neck of the woods and we can catch up!

Thanks, Jim

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Stefan- Thanks for the info. Wow, sounds like great fun to compete like that! Also, thanks for the offer on a tour and possible order. My wife and I have wanted to visit Italy for a long time now. We just haven't made the time. I am not ready now, but now that I have a fellow GT bud that may lend a helping hand, I might speed up my plans. I've got a few real estate deals that will close towards the end of the year before I can move forward. I'll keep you informed. Hopefully we will have a rally in my neck of the woods and we can catch up!

Thanks, Jim

Jim,

pm me.. planning is everything !

see you soon

stefan

WYD OPN

Jan 14, 2007
NE Illinois
Christmas has come & gone. I was really disappointed that my White & Blue was not in my drive way Christmas Eve. Today i rec'd my call from my dealer, here in Central PA. When the car was ordered back in October i ordered just the way i wanted. Both the GM & Sales agreed to sell me the GT500 at MSRP. I inspected the vehicle, boy those tires are small....Sat down started filling out the paper work, they added a 20K markup on the Mustang. Was i ever pi$$ed. i gently got up & walked out. Salesperson came ofter me, i explained that i purchased my GT from them, ordered the GT500 at MSRP, & now they wanted to put the screws to me. Let me know in a few months when the car does not sell, and by the way leave it in the wrapper.

I went through the exact same scenario a few months ago. That experience was the final straw for me with the BLUE OVAL. Other than the GT, there will likely not ever be another Ford product in my garage.

The sad thing for Mr. Dealer is, I was going to buy 4 more vehicles WITH the GT500. Someone else got THAT business, too... and it wasn't a Ford dealer.

Oh, well... "Like Bill (Ford), like (Ford) Dealer." ... Morons all.