what a day

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
had a terrible day today.
my home air compressor check valve failed when i went to use it.
pool guy opened the pool and dropped half the leaves, and a snapping turtle, from the cover into the pool and left it for me to take care of. yeah, that would also include a snapping turtle.
found two stains in my new pool liner (not even a year old)
and to top it off, more rain this weekend so i can't drive my gt.
i think i should move to a dryer/warmer place.
on a positive note,
i'm still on the good side of the sod.
and i received my gt book from marcie/joey

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Come to California.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Come to California.
okay, got room for me and my toys.
my daughter and i were there on a trip early this spring. she would move to California in a heart beat

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Dont come to Pennsylvania. We have had so much water that Im gonna build a boat and start gathering 2 of everything pretty soon.

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
sheesh... You could be in tornado ally

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
We don't have tornadoes in Mammoth, California - but last night about 10 o'clock at the ski area, the wind was clocked at 143 mph at the top of Chair 1 :eek

(The top of Chair 1 is about ½ way to the top of the mountain)

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
pool guy opened the pool and dropped half the leaves, and a snapping turtle, from the cover into the pool and left it for me to take care of. yeah, that would also include a snapping turtle.
on a positive note,

Wifey and I would trade YOUR DAY for her day on 5/8/11 in a heartbeat.

A DRUNKEN DEADBEAT ran a red light "at a high rate of speed" and completely SHEARED OFF the front end wifey's brand new car. 'Totaled it. Wifey had BOTH GRANDKIDS in the car at the time, and, praise God, none of them even suffered so much as a BRUISE. In fact, the grandkids weren't even really aware of what had happened.

If that light had gone "green" even a SECOND sooner, wifey's car would have undoubtedly been far enough into the intersection that she and my grandson would very likely be dead right now, and my lil' granddaughter would likely have been badly injured 'cause the drunk would have "T-boned" the car amidships. (The hit came from the driver's side and my grandson was seated on that side in the back seat...'grandaughter was beside him on the passenger side.)

Oh, do I even need to mention that THE SCUMBAG HAD NO INSURANCE? 'Ever heard of a DRUNK who did? POND SCUM is a higher life form.

Does that kinda put things in perspective for ya, my good man? :wink

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Arn't you sitting on an active volcano Ralphie?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Damn Pockets, glad all are safe!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
on a positive note,
Stains aren't as bad as the massive creases that suddenly developed in my pool this year...trade ya stains for creases...lol Make sure you've got a good pool robot to keep the bottom nice and clean! Rain here all weekend too - so no GT for me this weekend. Gonna have the rainy day driver, my Z06...

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Arn't you sitting on an active volcano Ralphie?

Oh yeah - a little thing called the "Long Valley Caldera" -

"Long Valley Caldera is a depression in eastern California that is adjacent to Mammoth Mountain. The valley is one of the largest calderas on earth, measuring about 20 miles (32 km) long (east-west) and 11 miles (18 km) wide (north-south)...

Long Valley was formed 760,000 years ago when a huge volcanic eruption released very hot ash that later cooled to form the Bishop tuff that is common to the area. The eruption was so colossal that the magma chamber under the now destroyed volcano was significantly emptied to the point of collapse. The collapse itself caused an even larger secondary eruption of pyroclastic ash that burned and buried thousands of square miles. Ash from this eruption blanketed much of the western part of what is now the United States. Geologists call topographic depressions formed in this manner calderas."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Valley_Caldera

As I recall, that eruption put down 1 centimeter of ash in Nebraska, and 1 meter of ash in the Long Beach harbor.

nsfkid

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2007
Port Credit Ontario
You got your book! Damn it, I still waiting for mine:lol

Mike

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
A DRUNKEN DEADBEAT ran a red light "at a high rate of speed" and completely SHEARED OFF the front end wifey's brand new car. Oh, do I even need to mention that THE SCUMBAG HAD NO INSURANCE? 'Ever heard of a DRUNK who did? POND SCUM is a higher life form.

Glad everyone escaped unharmed. We're way too soft on drunk drivers, I vote revoke driving priviliges for life and a $30K fine and if you can't pay then rot in a solitary confinement jail similar to the jail in the Papillon movie with McQeen and Hoffman. now then ask me how I reaaly feel about drunk drivers :biggrin

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
Wifey and I would trade YOUR DAY for her day on 5/8/11 in a heartbeat.

A DRUNKEN DEADBEAT ran a red light "at a high rate of speed" and completely SHEARED OFF the front end wifey's brand new car. 'Totaled it. Wifey had BOTH GRANDKIDS in the car at the time, and, praise God, none of them even suffered so much as a BRUISE. In fact, the grandkids weren't even really aware of what had happened.

If that light had gone "green" even a SECOND sooner, wifey's car would have undoubtedly been far enough into the intersection that she and my grandson would very likely be dead right now, and my lil' granddaughter would likely have been badly injured 'cause the drunk would have "T-boned" the car amidships. (The hit came from the driver's side and my grandson was seated on that side in the back seat...'grandaughter was beside him on the passenger side.)

Oh, do I even need to mention that THE SCUMBAG HAD NO INSURANCE? 'Ever heard of a DRUNK who did? POND SCUM is a higher life form.

Does that kinda put things in perspective for ya, my good man? :wink

yeah it does. glad to hear everyone is okay
i should be glad that i'm not underwater, burned out, or blown away as some have had it this year.

i wasn't trying to start a contest, i was just venting a little bit

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
had BOTH GRANDKIDS in the car at the time, and, praise God, none of them even suffered so much as a BRUISE. In fact, the grandkids weren't even really aware of what had happened.

Holy smoke - that was a close one. Doesn't bear thinking about........ Glad you're all OK. Are you allowed to torture and kill the other driver? I can't recall how the law works in this area.

My pool is nice and clean by the way - mosaic tiles look lovely. :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
i wasn't trying to start a contest, i was just venting a little bit

Understood! I was only trying to 'take the edge off' a bit for ya...and "vent" a little myself at the same time! :lol

(BTW, thanks to all...)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Are you allowed to torture and kill the other driver? I can't recall how the law works in this area.

Had one or all been killed, "how the law works" may not have been a consideration of mine. But, as things turned out, it's likely I'll just be suing the puke for the diff between what our ins co paid us and what the replacement car actually cost. (I say "likely" because I've never heard of a drunk who voluntarily pays what he owes either. But, trust me, this one is going to pay up.)

('Replacement car is an absolute, identical TWIN to wifey's origional...right down to the last penny on its window sticker!)

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Glad Mrs. Pockets and Grand kids are okay, just please dont buy her a BMW!

A few years back my wife (whole family in car) with 900 miles (2 months of ownership of a new Jaguar) had a very similar thing happen to her. In my wife's case, Quadalupe, that has no insurance and drunk as a skunk! Did I forget to mention that car was not registered either! 3 People sent to the hospital including a 5 yr. old and a ready to drop Mom. My oldest was 6 at the time and he took the majority of the impact, but thank God for a well built car!

With all the commotion, I noticed she was trying to flee the scene and yes her car was still operable. So I ran to her car, reached in and took her keys out of the ignition. She came out cussing, pants unzipped, gut hanging out while trying to master 6" heels and took a swing at me and clocked me. Let me tell you, it took everything not to swing back. Cop arrive on the scene and starts filling out reports. 2 hours of standing/waiting on the sidewalk and cops comes over and tells us he has to write her a ticket and tow her car. When asked why, he said there is no way to to determine who she is because she is undocumented (uhhh who did you write the ticket to?) and hence why he had to let her go - no doubt she is cousin! Are you $hitting me? Quick brain engagement and I said I want to press charges for assault. He asked if there was a witness to her punching me and a line of witnesses start to form. More paperwork for the south of the border "Affectionado" and she gets her ass hauled to jail. I was told after the fact that because it was Friday, she would have to wait in jail till Monday when she can see the judge. I have no doubt my tax dollars paid for an interpreter!

They must have deported her back because I never received a notice to appear!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
They must have deported her back because I never received a notice to appear!

Wishful thinking. She was probably let go after she saw the judge Monday without even paying a fine.

Justice lives only in the minds of the naive.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Common occurrence here in CA. I too have been rear-ended by a drunk illegal.... but he hit my hitch and destroyed his front end... I had a scratch on my hitch :) He took off and I chased him down in my dodge while on the phone with 911, who repeatedly told me not to pursue.. I told them to stop telling me what to do because I'm going to chase them and catch them and then have my way with them unless she hurries up and connects me to LAPD... I was finally connected, LAPD arrived... I covered an officers back while entering a crazy illegal night club hangout... The cop said, keep your hand on my back and look for the guy, if something happens, my beat down stick is right there on my hip, grab it and start swinging .... I was like what the Fu_K!!! We then hooked up with his partner and pulled the driver out of a tree and shirtless (to change his appearance) It was a fun night....