Well, I went to a Lamborgini dealership today.

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
Hello all, I haven't been on in awhile but, after going to the Lambo dealership I couldn't help but sign back on.

I have a friend who is in the process of buying a Lamborghini Gallardo (young girl that I've recently meet, whose dad is quite wealthy, makes me sick with the whole "daddy's money" thing, but I'm not going to pass up the chance to go look at Lamborghini's) and wanted to go to the dealership to check on the car, etc. We get there and I instantly start drooling (middle class, broke college student, who's only seen an exotic from 5 feet away at the Houston auto show, much less sit in one, etc, not used to tons of money [yet :biggrin ]). The LP640's, the Gallardo’s, the Diablo's, I'm in heaven!
5191drool.gif
I've recently started taking a liking to the Lamborghini line of cars, especially the Gallardo, quite an infatuation in fact, and the Ford GT has been pushed to the back of my mind, not replaced, simply pushed aside for a bit.

Well, as we go through the show room, looking at all the cars (with me still drooling), we make our way to another show room. As we start to approach the room I see a yellow Gallardo, a yellow Murcielago, and a dark grey (don't know the technical name) LP640. "Fantastic!" I think. It is right at that point that we go through the door way and I see what's on the left side of the room. *gasp*:eek I breath in hard. There it is, a Red/white Ford GT. BBS wheels, red calipers, no MAC sub. I stop dead in my tracks. All the Lambos I was just drooling at suddenly became bland; they were no longer near as appealing, and my love for the Ford GT was renewed to an extent I didn't think possible. I just circled and circled the car, looking all over. I've never been this close to one, so I'm just taking everything in, and MY GOD what a car!

A little after that I actually got to sit in my first exotic car (this was also the first time I've ever been anywhere remotely close to exotic cars, which is funny because I'm such a fan of Lambo's but have no experience with them). It was a Gallardo. I loved the interior, and it was fantastically comfortable, but I still wanted to sit in that Ford GT! Still, I was grinning ear to ear because of the whole experience of the day.

I thought you all might like that story. There's just something about the Ford GT; it's my favorite car, and is going to stay that way for a very long time, I know this for certain.:cheers

Aug 25, 2006
A very nice story and with regards to all of the gals that you saw; to a gal they are truly first class even though I too feel that the GT should have a class of it's own.

Takes care

Shadowman

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Someone once said love of the FGT is like herpes ... there's no getting rid of it.

...Not a pleasant metaphore perhaps, but an accurate one!

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
A very nice story and with regards to all of the gals that you saw; to a gal they are truly first class even though I too feel that the GT should have a class of it's own.

Takes care

Shadowman

Well this certainly didn't change my opinion of Lamborghinis, I still am infatuated with them but, the Ford GT dominated the scene for me.

Someone once said love of the FGT is like herpes ... there's no getting rid of it.

:lol :lol :lol

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Lamborghini of Scottsdale

I have not been a Lambo Dealership for years. But today my son Charley and I had 45 minutes to kill before his weekly pitching practice so we drove to nearby Lamborgini of Scottsdale and walked inside. A great selection of Ferrari, Porsche, Cobra, Ford GT, and Lambo's on display. Hummm...coming in here was probably a mistake as we have room to garage 10 cars at home and two empty spaces that are waiting to be filled. Charley made a beeline to a bright yellow Gallardo that would look great in the stable. I have a few questions?? Why hasn't anybody greeted us? Oh well, we look the car over for 10 minutes, how much is this damn thing? Still no help. Probably busy. Charley snaps a photo with his cell phone camera. Ahhhh, finally, here comes a distinguished looking gentleman to help me out. I turn to shake hands but he walks right past me toward 14 year old Charley and barks at him, "Didn't you read the sign on the window outside that no photos are allowed in here?!?!!" No sir but I won't take any more. The salesman turned and walked past me for the second time not saying a word and disappeared into his office.:bored Take a good look around Charley, cause this it the last time we're coming in here. During the short drive to the ball field Charley said, "That Gallardo was really cool, but that place sucks". :thumbsdow

Perhaps there is still a Lamborgini in my future, but it won't come from Lamborgini of Scottsdale.

Chip

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK

Oh, classy, veeery classy....! :lol

Blackstorm, there's a few here that have owned or indeed still own, Lamborghinis. I had a yellow Murcielago and it was fun for a while, no question it is a beautiful car - but it doesn't quite do it somehow. When comparing the GT it's Puff Diddy meets Ray Charles, Anna Nicole Smith Vs Jessica Simpson. Oh, I don't know - classic yet up to date. We've all got the virus!

Chip - why am I not surprised at your story? That is outrageous - I'm amazed you didn't grab the guy and get him to moderate his tone a little. A foot up his backside might have helped this 'sales' person. In my experience, Lambo dealers leave much to be desired - but let's not go down that long and bumpy road!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I have not been a Lambo Dealership for years. But today my son Charley and I had 45 minutes to kill before his weekly pitching practice so we drove to nearby Lamborghini of Scottsdale and walked inside. A great selection of Ferrari, Porsche, Cobra, Ford GT, and Lambo's on display. Hummm...coming in here was probably a mistake as we have room to garage 10 cars at home and two empty spaces that are waiting to be filled. Charley made a beeline to a bright yellow Gallardo that would look great in the stable. I have a few questions?? Why hasn't anybody greeted us? Oh well, we look the car over for 10 minutes, how much is this damn thing? Still no help. Probably busy. Charley snaps a photo with his cell phone camera. Ahhhh, finally, here comes a distinguished looking gentleman to help me out. I turn to shake hands but he walks right past me toward 14 year old Charley and barks at him, "Didn't you read the sign on the window outside that no photos are allowed in here?!?!!" No sir but I won't take any more. The salesman turned and walked past me for the second time not saying a word and disappeared into his office.:bored Take a good look around Charley, cause this it the last time we're coming in here. During the short drive to the ball field Charley said, "That Gallardo was really cool, but that place sucks". :thumbsdow

Perhaps there is still a Lamborghini in my future, but it won't come from Lamborghini of Scottsdale.

Chip

Damn,..... I had the identical thing happen to me on Superbowl Sunday morn, went to look at flat screen tv's. Into four stores and nobody said "good morning or go to hell". Now I know the secret, I will get a cell phone camera. Isn't life tough when we look like poor white trash??:eek :eek :willy :eek :eek

M C B

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 13, 2007
Motor City
Ferrari dealer at the Wynn

I had a similar experience at the Wynn in Las Vegas. $10 admission (to filter out the riff-raff?), two floors of gourgeous Ferrari's, and when we hit the basement level, with a mix of Ferrari's, Lambo's and other exotics, he and I both smiled as we spotted the Ford GT's, knowing we made the right decision with our black beauty sitting safely in the garage at home.

In fact, when we first walked in to the basement level showroom, the helpful staff directed us to a Ferrari on display and invited (read:insisted) we sit in it. Not wanting to make waves, we did so, and when the camera snapped a photo, they then offered us a copy, complete with snazzy backdrop and psuedo-driving effect. We looked at each other, shared the "huh?" look, and declined politely. They seemed offended that we weren't more rabid about having our picture in a genuine Ferrari.

We sauntered over to the GT and admired it for awhile, feeling justified in shelling out the ten bucks for just this vehicle.

I must say, though, that the Enzo at the entrance is well worth the price of admission as well, and we spent probably half an hour or more at it's sills, admiring a true work of art. The upstairs staff, ever-ready to answer any questions, were well-informed and quite polite.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
-Chip
You want a Lambo let me know. I went to the Lambo dealer up the street a while ago and they gave me a really great presentation on the G's they had in the place. Let me sit in, start the engine, revved the motor. And best of all, the guy actually had a clue what he was talking about. Knew everything and anything about the car, and wasn't just making stuff up. I was stunned. Needless to say, guys in real suits offering you a cappucino is pretty different than what you get at a Ford dealer :lol They run a ton of inventory through their, as I'm sure it's all internet sales, so sending cars to Scottsdale is probably the norm.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Blackstorm, I enjoyed your story very much as an owner we all have that "warm & fuzzy feeling" about our favorite miss the Ford GT. Since you live in Houston, come to the Keels & Wheels car show this weekend at the Lakewood Yacht Club on Nassau Rd. 1 and I'll let you sit in my GT (in full race dress) and you can see Carroll Shelby and Sir Sterling Moss who are honored guests. I think this will keep your head on straight about GT's. This will be our only chance to have Carroll in the Houston area. Sat & Sunday
I will also have my AC Mark IV Cobra (in race dress) in the show. Tomy Hamon

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I had a similar experience at the Wynn in Las Vegas. $10 admission (to filter out the riff-raff?), two floors of gourgeous Ferrari's, and when we hit the basement level, with a mix of Ferrari's, Lambo's and other exotics, he and I both smiled as we spotted the Ford GT's, knowing we made the right decision with our black beauty sitting safely in the garage at home.

In fact, when we first walked in to the basement level showroom, the helpful staff directed us to a Ferrari on display and invited (read:insisted) we sit in it. Not wanting to make waves, we did so, and when the camera snapped a photo, they then offered us a copy, complete with snazzy backdrop and psuedo-driving effect. We looked at each other, shared the "huh?" look, and declined politely. They seemed offended that we weren't more rabid about having our picture in a genuine Ferrari.

We sauntered over to the GT and admired it for awhile, feeling justified in shelling out the ten bucks for just this vehicle.

I must say, though, that the Enzo at the entrance is well worth the price of admission as well, and we spent probably half an hour or more at it's sills, admiring a true work of art. The upstairs staff, ever-ready to answer any questions, were well-informed and quite polite.

At Concours Italiano, Andy Saggiomo gave me his biz card. He said he is FGT owner, and is the sales manager of PENSKE-WYNN and advised all FGT owners to stop in and say hello...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I have not been a Lambo Dealership for years. But today my son Charley and I had 45 minutes to kill before his weekly pitching practice so we drove to nearby Lamborghini of Scottsdale and walked inside. A great selection of Ferrari, Porsche, Cobra, Ford GT, and Lambo's on display. Hummm...coming in here was probably a mistake as we have room to garage 10 cars at home and two empty spaces that are waiting to be filled. Charley made a beeline to a bright yellow Gallardo that would look great in the stable. I have a few questions?? Why hasn't anybody greeted us? Oh well, we look the car over for 10 minutes, how much is this damn thing? Still no help. Probably busy. Charley snaps a photo with his cell phone camera. Ahhhh, finally, here comes a distinguished looking gentleman to help me out. I turn to shake hands but he walks right past me toward 14 year old Charley and barks at him, "Didn't you read the sign on the window outside that no photos are allowed in here?!?!!" No sir but I won't take any more. The salesman turned and walked past me for the second time not saying a word and disappeared into his office.:bored Take a good look around Charley, cause this it the last time we're coming in here. During the short drive to the ball field Charley said, "That Gallardo was really cool, but that place sucks". :thumbsdow

Perhaps there is still a Lamborghini in my future, but it won't come from Lamborghini of Scottsdale.

Chip

Chip: Are you talking about Motorsports of Scottsdale?! Javid M.'s place???
If so, something has changed drastically there. The folks have always been civil in my experience.
In fact, Javid himself gave my daughter & me a "backstage" tour of his shop a year or so ago. He's a really decent guy. I'm really astonished something like that actually happened there...if that IS the place to which you refer.

(Your experience would not have surprised me if you'd been referring to the Ferrari dealer down there.)

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Yep

Chip: Are you talking about Motorsports of Scottsdale?! Javid M.'s place???
If so, something has changed drastically there. The folks have always been civil there in my experience.
In fact, Javid himself gave my daughter & I a "backstage" tour of his shop a year or so ago. He's a really decent guy. I'm really astonished something like that actually happened there...if that IS the place to which you refer.

(Your experience would not have surprised me if you'd been referring to the Ferrari dealer down there.)

That's right, Motorsports of Scottsdale was where we had that lovely experience. At 3:30 PM last Monday (4-29-07).

Chip

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That's right, Motorsports of Scottsdale was where we had that lovely experience. At 3:30 PM last Monday (4-29-07).

Chip

For the 1st time here on the Forum - I'm speechless.:frown

Fastlane

Aug 31, 2006
Houston
Good stories above!! I've had similar experiences in certain dealerships down here in Houston as well. It's the ones you don't always expect to have the money that actually have the money!!!!

And Blackstorm, let me know when you and your "friend" are driving around in the Lambo so I can come get a up close look at her. I see them all the time, but it's always nice to see yet another!!

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
What car did you drive to the dealer in? I bet it wasn't your FGT. You should return in the GT and quote the lines from Pretty Woman:

Do you work on commission? Point to the GT and blurt out BIG MISTAKE!! Then leave.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Good thread BlackStorm! I bought my GT from Lamborghini Houston in February. Gary Seale runs the dealership, and used to run Lambo Dallas, and is a great guy who has been in the industry a long time. One of his salesmen, Raj, is a cool guy too, and knows his stuff. They are not one of those stuffed shirt dealers who won't give you the time of day. Glad you stopped by there.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
a few years back, went into a chevy dealership to look at the "new" zo6.
a women salesperson finally came over and looked me up and down(i was in jeans and my "holy" t shirt). and said, please don't open the door, we reserve that right for "serious buyers".
i asked her to speak with the owner, who came out after 5 minutes.
i went into his office and told him i wanted the zo6 on the floor and an automatic c5 that was in their other showroom for my wife. i told him i would buy both within the hour if the sales women was fired on the spot.
he called her in with us, and she confirmed what she said to me. at that point he told her to clean out her desk, and i bought both cars.
motto--never judge a book by its cover !!!!!

sam
#1451--------red/white

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'll make this short (Ya. Amazing!).
1964 went in to a local Chev dealer & looked at a '64 Chevelle ...for about 2 weeks ...didn't buy one.
1968 'go back to SAME dealer to order a 427, tri-power, 4-spd, "T-top" 'Vette...cash in hand. SAME salesman happened to be the guy I approached to order the car. He said, "Oh, I remember YOU. You didn't even buy that Chevelle you looked at a couple years ago. You DARN sure arn't going to buy a 'vette!!!!" And he walked away. (I'm serious as a heart attack.)
I left.
Three days later I drove BACK to that dealership in EXACTLY the car I just described and parked right in front of the showroom where this gentleman's desk was. He was all big eyed when the car pulled in (because THAT dealer hadn't even SEEN one yet... I had the 1st and ONLY one in the area for 9 months) and he headed for the door to come out and have a look-see. THEN he saw who was getting out of the thing!!!!!!. He spun around on his heels & HIGH TAILED IT for the back room 'cause I'm sure he KNEW why I was there. I went in, and had him paged. HE DIDN'T ANSWER IT! So, I left a verbal message for that all knowing gutless wonder with ALL the staff who happened to be in the showroom at the time. You can all imagine for yourselves what that was.
Vengance is sweet when served three days old...
'Haven't bought a thing from that dealer in all the years since.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
a few years back, went into a chevy dealership to look at the "new" zo6.
a women salesperson finally came over and looked me up and down(i was in jeans and my "holy" t shirt). and said, please don't open the door, we reserve that right for "serious buyers".
i asked her to speak with the owner, who came out after 5 minutes.
i went into his office and told him i wanted the zo6 on the floor and an automatic c5 that was in their other showroom for my wife. i told him i would buy both within the hour if the sales women was fired on the spot.
he called her in with us, and she confirmed what she said to me. at that point he told her to clean out her desk, and i bought both cars.
motto--never judge a book by its cover !!!!!

sam
#1451--------red/white

sam.... lighten up buddy,... she was a single mom, told me all about how mean you were to her as she gave me a massage. she was working in a parlor near the Triborough Bridge.... no happy ending for her... be kind to people:banana :willy :banana