Watch - The Ford GT MkIV

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
That is just ridiculous. Holy crap...
About the best looking car I have ever seen....
Unfortunately, I wouldn't fit in it, and it wouldn't fit within the constraints of my wallet...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Sims and Johntpr

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
  • As the final track-only model, the 2023 Ford GT Mk IV goes all-in to deliver the Ford GT’s highest-levels of performance, handling and advanced technology thanks to its unique engine and transmission, aerodynamic design and chassis with longer wheelbase
  • 2023 Ford GT Mk IV features a specially engineered twin-turbo EcoBoost engine targeting more than 800 horsepower, race transmission, carbon fiber “long tail” body, plus Multimatic’s Adaptive Spool Valve (ASV) suspension
  • Now available to apply to order from Multimatic with production limited to 67 hand-built supercars – a number honoring the original 1967 GT Mk IV race car
DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 9, 2022 – Representing the ultimate and most extreme track only Ford GT ever, the new Ford GT Mk IV by Ford Performance and Multimatic is a radically advanced supercar delivering max performance with its unique body, powertrain and suspension.

To deliver unconstrained performance, exceeding that of any Ford GT to date, the Ford GT Mk IV has a unique twin-turbo EcoBoost engine, racing transmission, aero-focused exterior design, and chassis with longer wheelbase for greater on-track handling.

“The original GT Mk IV held nothing back for max track performance, and the new Ford GT Mk IV brings it in the same way,” said Mark Rushbrook, global director, Ford Performance Motorsports. “With an even higher-level of motorsport engineering and performance, plus a completely new carbon fiber body that is functional and striking, the Mk IV is the ultimate sendoff of the third-generation supercar.”

The new Ford GT Mk IV nods to the year that the original Mk IV won the 24 Hours of Le Mans, with just 67 of the hand-built supercars to be produced at Multimatic’s facility in Markham, Ontario. A new client application process (https://www.ford.com/performance/gt/mk-iv/) will begin for this $1.7M supercar (starting MSRP), with client selections confirmed in the first-quarter of 2023. Deliveries will begin in late spring 2023.

“Multimatic’s brief was to create the most extreme final version of the Ford GT, and the Mk IV is the outcome,” said Larry Holt, executive vice president, Multimatic Special Vehicle Operations Group. “A unique larger displacement engine, proper racing gearbox, stretched wheelbase and truly radical body has resulted in an unprecedented level of performance. We are proud to have been a part of the third-generation GT from its inception to this amazing swan song and consider it a significant chapter in Multimatic’s history.”

Ford GT Mk IV has a history of technological advances
Building on Ford GT Mk II’s triumphant 1966 1-2-3 Le Mans finish, Ford’s development team held nothing back and redesigned the car from scratch with state-of-the-art technology and engineering available to create the 1967 Ford GT Mk IV.

To leverage new material science advantages, Ford’s engineers and Kar Kraft developed a new lightweight chassis using adhesive bonded honeycombed-aluminum construction with a more aerodynamic body and named it the “J-Car” because it was built to the new FIA Appendix J rules. Combined with the famous 427 Ford V-8 (7L) engine and a special transaxle with its own cooling system that carried power to the rear wheels the 1967 Ford GT Mk IV was 9-inches longer and built specifically to dominate global endurance racing.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So needless to say, this will have extreme levels of performance unobtainable by mere mortals. Closer to an LMDh car than a GT3 car. Massive aero, race gearbox, a race engine in excess of 800 hp.

Personally, I find the car stunningly attractive. It’s not as pretty as a road car or a MkII but the functional brutality of this thing blows me away. You can look at it for a long time and continue to find small functional aerodynamic changes that are also aesthetically appealing. The area behind the front tires is absolute freaking perfection. And look at the size of the cooling!

Lucky people will have this toy. Group buy?!?

Before it gets asked, this is not destined for a race series. Doesn’t fit any current rule set.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas

GO LIKE HELL! And BEYOND!

just in time for Christmas too!

Reactions: Stef

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
WOW, limited limited edition with outrageous design, exclusivity and performance!

While I'm not the target client, will be interesting to follow section process and production.

On a different but similar theme, same goes for the 30 leftover "old school" 2005 blown 427 cars.

OK, whoever applies and is selected for these monsters, please keep the proletariat informed!

Reactions: spartan

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Beautiful, wow! However would of really like to see it compete! A factory backed program or even available for privateers . Though series rules would have really changed it , especially HP . Like they did in last race GT.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
WOW! This was actually my first guess and I deleted it, no joke! (As it seemed too far fetched!!) Awesome, Stunned, Speechless

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
a beauty ... yes!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Front splitter seems warped.
Guess they didn't let it heat up before install!
LOL!
Stunning!!!!
Mark

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Looks like the snorkel is back. Wonder what it looks like in RED?

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
That hood.

Reactions: KennethClay

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Anybody want a well loved, tested, and sorted MK II so I can upgrade? 😂

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Next level track toy. Center locks, etc….now you need a real race crew and equipment for track days. This is Corsa Cliente FXX level stuff. Last two years, I have self supported my car at track days, with the help of a friend. We even bring a nitrogen tank for the air jacks. Grass roots fun, if you can call it that, with a 1M+ car.

Last edited:

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
A0A99FC1-5271-4A7D-83BB-D1EE029D9585.jpeg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Badass!!!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Will be interesting to see interior pics. I’m a comfortable but tight fit in the Mk II at 6’3”.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Amazing. Look forward to learning more of the details.

Reactions: ByeEnzo

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Lengthened chassis? No where does it say I’f this is a v8 or 6cyl engine. I’m assuming ecoboost v6 but the big ducts on the side of it tend to go more towards this is a v8 twin turbo car. An clarification on the engine as I know the original street chassis was too small for a v8 to properly cool.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It’s 6 cyl