Wanted: Brake Master cylinder & Booster Canister

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I need a brake booster canister and master brake cylinder for my GT. The master cylinder has been leaking a little bit and the the fluid has done a number on the booster canister. I'd rather not buy a new one (unless they are cheaper than I expect... Torrie?). Anybody got some spare parts laying around? What the guy's number who has all the wrecked stuff?

Thanks
F

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Here you go; this from two posts down;

X2 Collision, Maryville, IL. Apparently ask for Scott.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Thanks, I didn't think there was any way it would be that easy.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I need a brake booster canister and master brake cylinder for my GT. The master cylinder has been leaking a little bit and the the fluid has done a number on the booster canister. I'd rather not buy a new one (unless they are cheaper than I expect... Torrie?). Anybody got some spare parts laying around? What the guy's number who has all the wrecked stuff?

Thanks
F

Last time I checked they were reasonable, less than $500 for sure, maybe $300 but that was 3 years ago.

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
The Master Cylinder Part Number is 4G7Z-2140-AA , List price is $223.91. The booster part number 5G7Z-2005-A, List price is $220.09. These are Dealer List prices (you can check on line) but should be able to get these about 20% off from these prices. The Master Cylinder comes with the cap. Hope this helps.

Jim

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Mark, you must talk to Scott Jennings at X2, he is the owner and the only one you can deal with. Phone is : 618-344-9922. Tell him Dr. Frank sent you. I will gladly look at the parts for you beofre you buy. I have one car up there right now. Frank

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Part Number 4G7Z2140AA
Part Name CYL ASY BRK MSTR LES
MSRP $242.57
Core $0.00
Online Price $203.76

Part Number 5G7Z2005A
Part Name BOOSTER ASY - BRAKE
MSRP $238.43
Core $0.00
Online Price $200.28

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
At that price, You don't want used. Your time is worth more than that, but I am sure you already came to that conclusion.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Just as a simple 'buyer beware' to other forum member. I purchased these items from a forum member named ebert_sportscars. I guess the guy is from Germany because it took more than a month for the item to get to me. When it did, he only sent the master cylinder (not the booster). I clearly asked him about both pieces in our original email exchange and he clearly replied regarding both pieces. When I asked him why he didn't send both items, he said "What is booster?" Then he wanted to know why I was being so cheap, and I own such and expensive car (insert expletive in whatever dialect of english slang suits you best)!!

PayPal wants a police report filed to withhold his funds so I am on my way to file a Texas police report for a guy that lives in Germany. Should be a massive waist of time, unless he visits Texas. In which case, I could foreseeably get some money back. Be careful with this guy, I suspect he is selling other parts. He has a wrecked GT.

He uses this email on PayPal info@ebert-sportscars.de

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Ugh. :frown How hard is it to be true to your word?