Velocity Invitational 2021

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Nice! and I would not dare to have you turn up the volume past 2...
There it is!!! 🍿

Reactions: canibl and Stef

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
For those of you who left early, you missed Henry Ford III.
View attachment 64897
Great pic! Who’s that guy in the middle again? Looks familiar! 🤓

Reactions: Stef

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
What a lame response from the GT "manager". Thanks for posting Jeff. Wonder what "unique insurance/bailment policy" Sam Walton had to acquire to deliver his GT40 to the Apex track event? What a stupid response.
Dave, where is my popcorn?

Guess i’d like to have some clarification on ‘GT Properties’ being committed to SEMA and the Austin pop-up events. Attended both, the only GT that I saw was an older marketing car (static display Mk2 in disguise?) with some really awful graphic wrap on it.

In retrospect of the Rally event, it was fabulous but I admit I was disappointed that Ford elected to support the Invitational vs, the Rally. As an ex-marketing guy it reminded me of discussions on strategies focused on ‘conquest sales’ vs. current customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stef and ByeEnzo

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It has nothing to do with Ford really, and only one guy. Think of the absurdity of the "Ford GT Program Manager" (which is a hilarious misnomer, especially if you know how that designation has been used historically) telling a customer "I'm not sure which Ford employees are planning on attending" the single largest, most expensive gathering of the cars you are ostensibly responsible for in history. Probably a good opportunity to ask.

Now, let's compare that with the below. No kidding, I was yanking stuff out of a filing cabinet the other day and pulled this out at random.

8BB2854A-56CF-41F1-BAB8-0600AF313B12.JPG

25E5DC96-9432-43F4-ABF8-82E47C8DF5FF.JPG
D4930D67-3E26-4D8F-9D7F-D48989D4E782.JPG

E7B5F52A-99B3-45DE-B5E4-99E22C5E7CE5.JPG

Obviously the complicated bailment and insurance requirements were very different back then. 😂

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
It has nothing to do with Ford really, and only one guy. Think of the absurdity of the "Ford GT Program Manager" (which is a hilarious misnomer, especially if you know how that designation has been used historically) telling a customer "I'm not sure which Ford employees are planning on attending" the single largest, most expensive gathering of the cars you are ostensibly responsible for in history. Probably a good opportunity to ask.

Now, let's compare that with the below. No kidding, I was yanking stuff out of a filing cabinet the other day and pulled this out at random.

View attachment 64932

View attachment 64933
View attachment 64934

View attachment 64935

Obviously the complicated bailment and insurance requirements were very different back then. 😂
I looked it up...."
  • A bailment involves the contractual transfer of assets or property from a bailor, who temporarily relinquishes possession but not ownership, to a bailee. ". It's common law principle . Certainly not unique or unusual. The caveat is the bailee must use due care and caution.
Wow to the list of the GT program folks for Rally 1. Some awfully good people. So glad to have met many of them. Big thanks to them .. again .. for making the FGT masterpiece vehicle,

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
It was great to see Steven, Pearce, and the other concierge group being involved with Rally 13. Raj’s team's involvement presented a classy and friendly attitude and were a welcome addition to the event. Well done for making this happen!

Last edited by a moderator:

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Having just attended the Velocity Invitational, I can tell you it was definitely not a Ford event. Ford had a presence but it was put together by a local Californian. Anyone that has been to Car Week has been to similar events. While I enjoyed the outing, it definitely was no Ford GT Forum event. If I could only attend one car event a year, my only choice would be a Ford GT Forum Rally every time. The Scottsdale Rally 13 was second to none.

Last edited:

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
“Believe me, this is me at like a 2 out of 10 on this topic. I really, really do not advise making me turn the dial any higher than that.”

If this is you at “2”, man I don’t even want to see your “5”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Sims and Stef

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
07XL0027 You are correct. You probably do not want to see a 2+ response....

And I was there for that first rally. It too was a fabulous event put on and coordinated by DBK with a little Denby thrown in for good luck.;)

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
I was there Saturday afternoon, it was a little quiet then, but I had a good time at the event. Next time, I'll sign up sooner and get in on the special food and hospitality area and skip the food trucks!

McLaren and Ford had the biggest presence there. There were about a half dozen Speedtails on display, which was very cool. Anyone else think the NFGT is an overall better-looking design?

The collection of Le Mans FGTs was great. I was happy to be able to see the '22 Heritage up close (it was parked at a distance at Pebble Beach in August). Some of the details of the '22 are pretty unique!

I thought the vintage race cars on display were very interesting and really enjoyed walking around them and soaking it all in

Last edited: