Valley of Fire - Rally III video

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
It's time for something more upbeat! This video is about the main reason we bought our GT's (well, at least the main reason for some of us :biggrin). It's the Valley of Fire run at Rally 3 in Las Vegas, Sept 2008. Team Jeff drove, while I tried to keep the camera still. :eek The roads were very rough in places.

We made the run well after the main group, and had an almost open road (one GT passed us going the opposite direction).

The sound is from a Bluetooth mike located in the engine compartment, so the audio is awesome! Stock supercharger with pulley & tune, and Ford Racing exhaust. If you ever wondered what it sounds like under the clamshell when you push the skinny pedal, then here's the answer!

[video=vimeo;4016657]http://vimeo.com/4016657[/video]

If your internet connection is as S-L-O-W as mine, the streaming won't keep up with the playback (it's a pretty large file - the video is nearly 20 minutes long). If you have trouble streaming it, just download the Quicktime file (sign into your Vimeo account, or do a free registration with Vimeo to access the download function). Then watch it on Quicktime, Real Player, etc after you've downloaded.

Thanks for the driving, Jeff! :cheers

Enjoy the ride - I certainly did! :thumbsup

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Oh, yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!

Put that puppy on FULL SCREEN to view!!!

(35 & 50 mph??? WHY???!)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
(35 & 50 mph??? WHY???!)

Speed Limit in a National Recreation Area or National Park is 45 mph

We ALWAYS obey the Laws of Man and Nature!

(always, hee, hee)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Speed Limit in a National Recreation Area or National Park is 45 mph

We ALWAYS obey the Laws of Man and Nature!

(always, hee, hee)

Well, my aching back...clear out in the middle of 'NO-dangum-where' yur 'posta putt along at 35??? How the devil can one possibly get into trouble on THAT road doing at least 70 in most places?

Typical gov't brainlessness.

(When the guys came up behind those 3 doddlers [the p/u and the other two cars] ol' Pockets - POCKETS! - was chompin' at the bit to get around 'em! :rofl)

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
That was FUN!

...again

:thumbsup

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
That was great! Thanks for posting.

Richie-SRT10

Jul 28, 2008
Awesome video thanks for sharing.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
kewl:thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
We were 2nd wave through and thank God , YOU ALL GOT THE TICKETS AND GAVE US THE HEADS UP:thumbsup...:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol GTJOEY 1314:thumbsup

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
We were 2nd wave through and thank God , YOU ALL GOT THE TICKETS AND GAVE US THE HEADS UP:thumbsup...:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol GTJOEY 1314:thumbsup

Joey, we were probably the last car through - the LEO's were helping someone change a flat when we went by.
Of course we were driving the speed limit anyway:eek:ld:, as you can clearly see from the video! :biggrin

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
You know, for me one of my favorite things about this video is that at times the supercharger whine sounds like a turbine engine.... anyone else hear that?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You know, for me one of my favorite things about this video is that at times the supercharger whine sounds like a turbine engine.... anyone else hear that?

Yup!