Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thanks Jeff. I knew you'd have what people wanted. Frank

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
In addition to what Shadowman so accurately listed as Canadian product differences, there are also bilingual stickers ( English and French ) as well as gauges identified by symbols rather than words. ie. silouette of a gas pump rather than the word " Gas " etc.

Hot Oil

Jul 1, 2008
North Vancouver BC
I just wanted to add to your discussion here. I am a Canadian Ford dealer and I have just sold a 2006 GT to a very nice individual in the US. It was manufactured in February of 2006, one of 210 sold to Canadian Ford dealers, according to Ford of Canada numbers. The instrument cluster is the same as the US, the rear bumper has a 2" spacer, which is easily removed, and there was no McIntosh stereo option. There is one little bilingual door sticker, yours is in English. BTW, it is estimated that 28% or 68 of the Canadian cars have been whacked or written off from accidents.

With the current rate of exchange, the Canadian Ford GT is a bargain for US buyers right now and I wish I had more to sell because I had 4 other serious buyers for this car in the US. Two GT's just left here for California and mine is going down with a couple of Ferrari's. Your market down south is healthier than ours is now, in spite of what is dominating your news, and dealing with these American enthusiasts has been an absolute pleasure.

Enjoy your cars, you have something very special and you are truly one of the lucky few to own them.

Cheers.

Bob

Hot Oil

Jul 1, 2008
North Vancouver BC
Are there any legal issues bringing a Canadian car into the US?

The car has to have been built before September 1st, 2006. There was a new occupant protection standard that came into effect at that date and the GT couldn't comply. Any GT built before that date is able to gain legal entry into the US.

Cheers.

Bob

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The car has to have been built before September 1st, 2006. There was a new occupant protection standard that came into effect at that date and the GT couldn't comply. Any GT built before that date is able to gain legal entry into the US.

Cheers.

Bob

Thanks. I wonder how the US government would know about the production date if the car is used. I know that the date is on the MSO and maybe the window sticker. Is it anywhere else?

Hot Oil

Jul 1, 2008
North Vancouver BC
Thanks. I wonder how the US government would know about the production date if the car is used. I know that the date is on the MSO and maybe the window sticker. Is it anywhere else?

Black Ice,

We have to produce an OASIS report to the buyer for the US authorities to show that there are no recalls outstanding and on that report is the build date of the car. We also provide an EPA letter that comes from Ford of Canada that states the car is the same as sold in the US and complies with all emission and safety standards.

In Canada, the birth certificate of the car (MSO) is what we call a NVIS, or, New Vehicle Information Statement, and is attached to all NEW vehicles. If the vehicle is used, the current owners registration is sufficient to transfer title.

Good Luck.

Cheers.

Bob

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
The instrument cluster is the same as the US, Cheers.

Bob

Bob, I think that your car received a U.S cluster.

Hot Oil

Jul 1, 2008
North Vancouver BC
Bob, I think that your car received a U.S cluster.

I'm going by the speedo numbers predominately in MPH and the odometer being in miles. There was no option for the odometer to be in kilometers. We service 13 GT's here and have sold 14 as a dealer group and I never noticed any of the cars odometers in kilometers.

How are things in the east? We are starting to see a huge increase in cars going south out here on the coast and not much coming north anymore. Are you seeing the same?

Cheers.

Bob

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
as well as gauges identified by symbols rather than words. ie. silouette of a gas pump rather than the word " Gas " etc.

Sorry, I was only referring to the gauge identification - which didn't include the speedo or tach.

I know that Polito Ford sold a couple in the last few weeks - the second last one ever built I believe went your way of the country as well as one locally. :thumbsup

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
In addition to the above there is also a small piece of trim missing on the inboard side of the rear bumper around the exhaust tips. If you look close at a Canadian car you can see the mounting holes but no trim. This part was apparently discarded for the fitting of the spacer.

Thanks to Rich and Dennis for pointing this out to me while they had my car in Vegas.:thumbsup

:cheers
Trent

ps GT Guys - since you guys had my car I can't keep the rear wheels from spinning:biggrin thanks again!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
sal
check your email
cheers.
bony

Aug 25, 2006
This particular gal is in my facility; she arrived yesterday and looks stunning.

The gauges do have the icons otherwise appears as if a USA gal.

Now add to this the rear bumper extension and the day time running lights however these items are presently being tended to.

Takes care

Shadowman

Hot Oil

Jul 1, 2008
North Vancouver BC
I'm glad to hear she arrived safely Shadowman, we're going to miss her. I am looking forward to hearing all about the magic you are about to create.

Bob

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Hot Oil Bob, I was going to ask you who you used to ship, but then yesterday I was speaking with the shipper I have used before and he mentioned to me that he just sent a GT from you to Shadowman. And then I KNEW I was using the right shipper!! :thumbsup

Shadowman, what are you doing to the car (besides removing DRL and the bumper extension [which, by the way, will make a cool piece of wall art no? :lol)?

Hot Oil

Jul 1, 2008
North Vancouver BC
Hi Superfly,

When I finally did find one that would go from my dealership straight through to California on the same truck, I was very happy. Airgroup has been very helpful and I would use them again without hesitation.:wink

Cheers.

Bob