Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Not really exciting, but I did pass 39K miles. Drove it this weekend with my wife, and as we were coming home we ended at 38,999.9 as we came into the driveway. Really. So today, I had to take a drive to my mom's house to get her mail and water some dry spots in the lawn so took the Ford. Gotta luv when the landscaper shows up in a Ford GT.

FGT 39K miles.jpgLandscape Ford GT.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I see you've got the 4 glue blobs coming thru too ... proof of authenticity, I suppose. Rich B removed them from mine to perfection before delivery, but they're creeping back. Decided I don't care. It's a GT thang 🍻

These only came about recently.

I swapped to a new silicone implant when I swapped my shifter. Never had the blobs on the original implant. What's it about?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
dreimer: Good job. Keep driving it. When you hit 40,000, post that over on “Milestones.”

Reactions: dreimer

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
This guy had lots of seat miles in my 2005 FGT...rallies, car shows, or just driving around. Sadly, he had to be put down two days ago due to widespread cancer. We had 12 great years together. I’m going to miss my navigator dearly.

View attachment 63156View attachment 63157

View attachment 63155
Nothing better than doggie love!
Got 3 dogs. Our doodle is 14 and I’ll be amazed if he makes it much past Summer
My heartfelt sympathies to you and family

Reactions: 2112 and ByeEnzo

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
These only came about recently.

I swapped to a new silicone implant when I swapped my shifter. Never had the blobs on the original implant. What's it about?

I think the OEM rectangular adhesive tabs leech thru the boot. I've seen it many times on cars for sale online. My only guess as to why it's happening now to yours but not before is that maybe the tabs weren't there before, or maybe they weren't touching the boot:
shifter_boot_and_ring_and_glueb.jpg

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
“Silicone implant.” :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: steved57

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I love my upgrade F683E3AB-FEC4-43DE-95B6-91302F295DCD.png638E2599-0936-493B-BB7C-136A10381968.jpeg

Reactions: Anderson and 2112

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
update 6/3/2021 . I've owned my GT 5,840 days since new.

And today recorded 140,000.00 miles.

And the GT remains the best car I have ever owned.

Last edited by a moderator:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Congrats Jeff! That is really impressive! You know how to live. To the next 140K!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I think the OEM rectangular adhesive tabs leech thru the boot. I've seen it many times on cars for sale online.

The dreaded Cuatro Leches. Bummer.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Was yours from Exoticare? Mine is quite different. One of my favorite improvements.

Attachments

• 100_0886.JPG
    100_0886.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014

Jeff, congrats. However, since you got your new GT, I’m sneaking up on you! We’ll have to do a GT meet up in the Seattle area sometime.

Reactions: PL510*Jeff

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
And when my silicone implant goes flat, I’ll have to get a leather one. (Apologies for the bad puns).

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Was yours from Exoticare? Mine is quite different. One of my favorite improvements.
Mine was from a forum member who has since sold his car JC Horne. He is a very clever gentleman. He also designed the the low profile Carbon wipers. Do a search on the forum.
A really brilliant nice guy!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Mine was from a forum member who has since sold his car JC Horne. He is a very clever gentleman. He also designed the the low profile Carbon wipers. Do a search on the forum.
A really brilliant nice guy!

I have a set of his wipers. I missed that he did the shifter and brake boots as well. I was disappointed when he sold his car and left the group. I knew of him on the GT500 forums before seeing him here. Really an engineer at heart.

I like how His version doesn't have a bezel on the tunnel, but I wouldn't go back to OEM to give up the Bezel. I really disliked the feel of the rubber boot on my hand.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I have a set of his wipers. I missed that he did the shifter and brake boots as well. I was disappointed when he sold his car and left the group. I knew of him on the GT500 forums before seeing him here. Really an engineer at heart.

I like how His version doesn't have a bezel on the tunnel, but I wouldn't go back to OEM to give up the Bezel. I really disliked the feel of the rubber boot on my hand.
I love my silicone boobt. My own personal fembot.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas

Yes, one of my favorite mods also...thanks to the previous owner for paying for it....LOL

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
He also designed the the low profile Carbon wipers.

I would LOVE to have one of these....

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto

Outstanding!! As over engineered as they are, why wouldn’t they out live most of our DD cars even?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I serviced the A/C figuring it's never been done. It was about half empty. When I pulled one of the caps it had a quick "pffft". System held a vacuum so went ahead and recharged it. I did notice it seemed to cycle a bit more than I'd think it would. I haven't noticed it cycle as much since but I've only driven it 9 miles.