Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Best upgrade you can do!
Thank you, Roketman. I hope you are having fun with that beauty.

Reactions: roketman

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Scott, when I bought my GT recently, it had a Moton system installed. Moton is very well known in the Porsche world, is your system similar to theirs?

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Scott, when I bought my GT recently, it had a Moton system installed. Moton is very well known in the Porsche world, is your system similar to theirs?
I am not familiar with the Moton system for the Ford GT. We have sold 60 sets of our Ohlins TTX adjustable coilovers to Ford GT Owners like you see above. You can see more details on our website (https://www.ahlmanperformance.com/products#/ford-gt-shock-overview) to compare and feel free to ask me questions here or PM.

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
I am not familiar with the Moton system for the Ford GT. We have sold 60 sets of our Ohlins TTX adjustable coilovers to Ford GT Owners like you see above. You can see more details on our website (https://www.ahlmanperformance.com/products#/ford-gt-shock-overview) to compare and feel free to ask me questions here or PM.
Of the 60, which of your packages sell the most / get the best review?

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Of the 60, which of your packages sell the most / get the best review?
98% of the are the SL-1 package (Street Lowered). Great balance of ride, handling and steering for the road mostly and the track a little. Our customers agree this set up rides as well as stock or better. But gives them more confidence and capability on the road and track.

Reactions: BM SoCal

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
meant...98% of those 60 customers run the SL-1 package (Street Lowered).

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
98% of the are the SL-1 package (Street Lowered). Great balance of ride, handling and steering for the road mostly and the track a little. Our customers agree this set up rides as well as stock or better. But gives them more confidence and capability on the road and track.

Interesting. What are most the forum guys running? For just a small price walk, you can opt for the other package and get a ton more flexibility. How easy are the settings to adjust?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Moton is very well known in the Porsche world, is your system similar to theirs?

My $.02. Yes and no. Yes, insofar that Moton, similar to Ohlins, has a long-standing high-level reputation for being at the top of their industry. No, in that it is almost inconceivable that given the small Ford GT market that Moton was even able to do 10% of the testing and R&D to match the shock characteristics to the car. Scott was a unique position to have a lot of historical experience from the Ford GT's development process but on top of that, there was quite a bit of testing and evaluation performed to confirm and fine-tune the set-up that Scott has made available to GT owners. In my experience, this is simply the pinnacle set-up for GTs.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Interesting. What are most the forum guys running? For just a small price walk, you can opt for the other package and get a ton more flexibility. How easy are the settings to adjust?
That 80%+ of those 60 customers are this Ford GT Forum customers. They all have the 2-way SL-1's except I had three forum customers early on get the RT-1 setup with the four-way adjustables. One used them at the track and I helped him dial in for specific corners, corner entry and bumps. That was Wwabbit who has been running at Nordschleife in Germany for many recent years.

If you want to run the track a lot and tune for specific bumps (I can help) then 4-way makes sense otherwise I would go just 2-way SL-1. Your significant other will thank you (for the ride) and still have great improvement in steering, handling, rough road grip and power down for spirited driving or the track.

Easy to adjust, but other than Wwabbit, my customers haven't needed to adjust other than 1-2 clicks in (clockwise) on all adjusters at all four corners for the track. I ship them one click out (counter clockwise) from the settings we developed to and show on the sticker under the adjusters. As shown above you just lift the engine cover to get at the rears and the fronts you just the wheel full left to get the right side and full right to get the left side.

Reactions: Cadster

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
IMG_20200802_170230735.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200802_170239717.jpg
    IMG_20200802_170239717.jpg
    702 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20200802_170303055.jpg
    IMG_20200802_170303055.jpg
    630.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 2112

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Bought new mats and put them away for later. Upside down to keep the juice in. Cut and glued some foam in the old skins to use all the time, and not care about. Low VOC, high flame retardant, light weight, and don't leak.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
The father of a high school senior reached out to the car community and said his son's favorite car was the Ford GT and was hoping someone could give him a ride around the block. I told him that I would be honored especially since he missed out on his graduation and senior prom. The always generous H Smith also agreed to open up the Robertson Racing shop for a private tour. I let the kid ride 45 minutes to the shop in the GT and he was so blown away, he couldnt talk. He is going to college to be a mechanical engineer and wants to open up his own custom car shop (specializing in American Muscle). I'm hoping this experience gives him the motivation to follow through on that dream.

View attachment 60249

Is that a lowered front? Rear? Looks great (y)

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Is that a lowered front? Rear? Looks great (y)
Lowered a little bit yes. Congrats on your purchase.

Reactions: extrap

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
It's been a while, but I added a flasher for the 3rd eye brakelight. Flashes 3 times, then steady. Under $20 and just a little less likely to get rear ended. At that price I'll take any safety feature going. Available on Amazon.

Hey, where did you access the wiring? Did you remove the CHMSL and install the flasher behind it, or..............?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Enzo's.jpg
New Bistro in Issaquah. I brought the meat and potatoes.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Picking up supplies at an Ace Hardware in northern CA during a trip, I came across this for sale.

Guess the aftermarket is quick to supply what I can only imagine is a highly sought after item with classic long lasting looks!

Our beloved OEM key fob remote lives on. I will say, despite it's rather mundane appearance, it has always worked well for me functionally.

IMG_8193.jpg

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
View attachment 60936
New Bistro in Issaquah. I brought the meat and potatoes.

You're taunting them!

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
You're taunting them!
Enzo 2nd place.jpg
Guess what. The Ford was there FIRST! Just sayin'.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Of course! (y)🍻:cool:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Yikes, as I grabbed my Ford GT keys today to head out for a drive, I remembered that we have the four button key fob remote, not the three button keyfob that my Ford Police Interceptor Utility has.

So, with respect to aftermarket replacement, not sure if the four button option case exists.

I'm getting old!