Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Marty,

You are the real deal. For those who don’t know him…

I love your story about test driving the GT40 MkIII when they were new. I’ll try to find a link to the article you wrote.
Thanks, Paul. Like Howard M, you are one of the valued friends I made when I acquired the GT, Marty

Reactions: Sinovac

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Damn, I had no idea we were in the presence of Muscle Car Royalty. Been a huge fan of the Baldwin-Motion Camaros for decades.

IMG_1415.jpeg

That one-off Grifo sounds incredible

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Hi-Performance Cars magazine with Marty’s original GT40 Mk III article:

IMG_5635.jpg
IMG_5636.png
IMG_5637.png
I’m trying to find my copy so I can include the rest of the article. That’s Marty in the second picture tooling around NYC. Show that to any knucklehead who tells you that they never made a left-hand drive GT40.

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Damn, I had no idea we were in the presence of Muscle Car Royalty. Been a huge fan of the Baldwin-Motion Camaros for decades.

IMG_1415.jpeg

That Camaro looks like the one that was built at Motion by a mechanic for himself, not one of the Baldwin-Motion Camaros that would have been built for a customer using a brand new Camaro from Baldwin Chevrolet. It's a beautiful car. While I bought my Iso Grifo while it was at Konner Chevrolet, it was delivered as a new car by Baldwin Chevrolet, then I had Motion modify it. Loved that car.

Reactions: Sinovac and 2112

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Hi-Performance Cars magazine with Marty’s original GT40 Mk III article:

View attachment 68663
View attachment 68664
View attachment 68665
I’m trying to find my copy so I can include the rest of the article. That’s Marty in the second picture tooling around NYC. Show that to any knucklehead who tells you that they never made a left-hand drive GT40.
Thanks for reminding me about the great old days! They never built any LHD GT40 racecars or Mark I road cars, but they did build LHD Mark III road cars. Of the seven Mark IIIs built, I believe there were 3 or 4 in LHD, including the first one built that I drove.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
That Camaro looks like the one that was built at Motion by a mechanic for himself, not one of the Baldwin-Motion Camaros that would have been built for a customer using a brand new Camaro from Baldwin Chevrolet. It's a beautiful car. While I bought my Iso Grifo while it was at Konner Chevrolet, it was delivered as a new car by Baldwin Chevrolet, then I had Motion modify it. Loved that car.

You nailed it on the car in the picture;

Reactions: MartynL

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Mk I road cars are beautiful. Mk. III's not as much.

P/1069

P:1069.jpg

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah

1 lap at Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton WA. Sure is FUN!
*warning-several bugs were harmed in the production of this video. Couple birds the day before.

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast

IMG_1415.jpeg

Is that Motion that was on Sunrise Hwy??

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
This happened yesterdayIMG_2192.jpeg

Redfire03

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2020
Denver, CO
This happened yesterdayView attachment 68775
Sorry if I missed it, but you need to do a journal on this! Would love to see how the outside and other components are holding up, what you have liked and disliked!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
You can only go a few more miles. You're almost out of gas!!

Reactions: steved57

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
You can only go a few more miles. You're almost out of gas!!
80 0r so

Reactions: Ed Sims and extrap

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Sorry if I missed it, but you need to do a journal on this! Would love to see how the outside and other components are holding up, what you have liked and disliked!
Some of the plastic vents have warped, dash leather shrinks and not much else --super great car

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
While at the track with Jeff there was another GT there. An original that Doug was racing, and then drove home in the rain. No big deal!IMG_20230924_151510117_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
While at the track with Jeff there was another GT there. An original that Dave was racing, and then drove home in the rain. No big deal!View attachment 68776
Actually it was Doug Kirk.

Reactions: Ed Sims and GT@50

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Good on ya, Jeff!

Reactions: PL510*Jeff

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Dash topper makes a dash cover
This will help prevent the issue
It also reduces dash glare

BasillioG

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2019
Phoenix
Soooo, this happened yesterday. There's a story behind it but involves people other than myself and lets just say all parties want to move forward. Ouch!

Looking for advice on next steps as a non-insurance claim but also no expense spared to make this perfect again. Ideas?

scratch.png

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Salvage title! Seriously, I'd get on the waiting list for a high end body shop for a paint match.

Reactions: Sinovac