Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Yeah, same here. I've been running the standard stock OEM wheels for simple understated look.

Still love the upgraded BBS, but nice to have the option to run either.

View attachment 67867
Now is this why the Cop is about to bust you for using the wrong wheels?

Reactions: SYCO GT

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Yup. Thank you for the referral. 😎
Sure thing. Good to see new stuff still being made.

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
I have a used set on my old shocks (I upgraded to Scott Ahlman's shocks). If you can't find a set some other way, I would consider selling them, but I will have to compress the springs to get them off. Where are you located?
I am in Eagle Idaho, I would compress them off for you and send back shocks. I am considering the Penske shock but do not want to harshen ride. Anyone have comparison knowledge?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I have the Penske’s. They aren’t harsh but the Heim joints can be heard, particularly at slow speeds over rough surfaces.

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
Really hate front fender gap, if something does not come up, I will likely end up with something like that. It is worth the extra cost to make it right, Thanks

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Really hate front fender gap, if something does not come up, I will likely end up with something like that. It is worth the extra cost to make it right, Thanks
Oh, Yeah, That is a strong point of the Penskes. I have mine dialed way down low.

:cool:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Now is this why the Cop is about to bust you for using the wrong wheels?

You just can't win these days. You know what they say about driving a car that has modifications...

Even when I would run the car with the powder coated BBS Upgraded wheels, it still seemed to attract the local constable.

ElenaFGTlr-7196.jpg

Reactions: dshears

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I am in Eagle Idaho, I would compress them off for you and send back shocks. I am considering the Penske shock but do not want to harshen ride. Anyone have comparison knowledge?
I'm in SW washington. It would be a pain to ship the full shocks. Let me see if I can get them off. I'll PM you my contact info.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
You just can't win these days. You know what they say about driving a car that has modifications...

Even when I would run the car with the powder coated BBS Upgraded wheels, it still seemed to attract the local constable.

View attachment 67894
Yeah, I bought mine with black wheels and I want to shoot them too, so I don’t blame her.

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
I think I will start of light. Lower nose, then at some point I am sure I will go for the Penske coil overs and a whipple supercharger and exhaust. I need to talk with whipple, they no longer show kit available.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Parts are getting hard to come by.

There was talk of a new Whipple coming out but haven’t heard much for quite a while. I think more owners are concerned about what the auction value of their car is than driving or upgrading the cars.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Is Penske coil overs our only aftermarket option for suspension? I wonder if we can get enough orders that Scott Ahlman could submit for a batch.

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
Parts are getting hard to come by.

There was talk of a new Whipple coming out but haven’t heard much for quite a while. I think more owners are concerned about what the auction value of their car is than driving or upgrading the cars.
I was one looking in waiting for the moment to be able to purchase. Now I think this is what I wanted, the next guy can pay top dollar for mine if they want it, because I don't want to sell it. I bought a low mileage car so I could be the one to use it.

I will check with Whipple today, I am a dealer with them so I talk with them often.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Penskes are noisy...I went back to stock with M2K perches. Every one likes Ahlman's for aftermarket

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
If the only option is Penskes, i would pass... Ahlman's are the best option but Scott is busy and supplies are hard to come by so I understand him not doing more at this time. It just seems the perches are still the best option to lower the car at this point.

Reactions: roketman

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
I worked with Penske to develop a coilover for a different application (Murci) and have not had noise and know of plenty of people happy with their Penskes - they are built by the guys who develop and build the coilovers for teams in your favorite racing series. While I am not doubting that heim joints can be loud, it is not a guarantee. I have run Penske & KW V3 on many personal cars, and sell both, between the two I would go Penske - they are stout and great value for a coilover at that level.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I love my Penske’s. Noise only when cold, going slow and driving on rough roads.

Attachments

• 2855A163-7F28-4C59-9C3D-F2405649A847.jpeg
    2855A163-7F28-4C59-9C3D-F2405649A847.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: extrap

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I will check with Whipple today, I am a dealer with them so I talk with them often.

Find out anything?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I was one looking in waiting for the moment to be able to purchase. Now I think this is what I wanted, the next guy can pay top dollar for mine if they want it, because I don't want to sell it. I bought a low mileage car so I could be the one to use it.

I will check with Whipple today, I am a dealer with them so I talk with them often.L
I worked with Penske to develop a coilover for a different application (Murci) and have not had noise and know of plenty of people happy with their Penskes - they are built by the guys who develop and build the coilovers for teams in your favorite racing series. While I am not doubting that heim joints can be loud, it is not a guarantee. I have run Penske & KW V3 on many personal cars, and sell both, between the two I would go Penske - they are stout and great value for a coilover at that level.
Are you aware of the racing teams Scott has worked with?? From IMSA to nascar to Indy cars! Did I mention he is a chassis engineer?
A great guy too!

Reactions: steved57

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Are you aware of the racing teams Scott has worked with?? From IMSA to nascar to Indy cars! Did I mention he is a chassis engineer?
A great guy too!

All very impressive, but It doesn't really matter if they are NLA.

Reactions: Anderson and PeteK