Update on my half shaft issues....

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Thanks for the leg work Beach.

This is as I suspected. There will be numerous dealers that will be reluctant to perform this prophylactic service unless mandated by the factory via recall or TSB.

Eric

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Part Numbers

Beach,
You did not happen to get any part numbers by chance?
Don

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
There will be numerous dealers that will be reluctant to perform this prophylactic service unless mandated by the factory via recall or TSB.

Eric, agreed. But if I read gtjoey's post correctly, it seems like a simple warranty escalation process will result in Ford's authorization to pay the dealer for the work. Now we're back to the question of who would trust their dealership to perform this preemptive repair.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Bolts

Tungsten said:
Beach,
You did not happen to get any part numbers by chance?
Don

My bolts are in a the dealer. When I pick them up I'll get the part numbers for all the items. There is a new torquing procedure for the 6 halfshaft bolts too.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
There is a new torquing procedure for the 6 halfshaft bolts too.

There is a specific torqueing procedure described very clearly in the manual. As these bolts have never been in question, I doubt that there would be a change. Admittedly, however, few people probably know or follow this procedure - most out of ignorance, I assume.

quick time

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2006
Beach-GT said:
My bolts are in a the dealer. When I pick them up I'll get the part numbers for all the items. There is a new torquing procedure for the 6 halfshaft bolts too.

Beach: Where are you having the work done??