Ultimate compliment - virginia state trooper

a snake

GT Owner
Jul 8, 2010
roanoke, va.
While driving my yellow GT on Virginia I 81, the other day, I noticed a state trooper on his motorcycle pulling in behind me. Of course I checked my speedometer and was ok. In a few minutes he pulled up beside me and switched on his helmet microphone amphlifier. He then said something like this: "Beautiful car. If I owned one it would never leave my garage. I would look at it all the time. Have a great day." He then pulled away. Needless to say this made my day. In Virginia at least one state trooper appreciates a fine car when he sees it.

Last edited:

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I was able to be part of the Utah Fast Pass which is a charity event, in part, to benefit the fallen officers campaign and organized with the Utah Hiway Patrol... specifically the Motor division or "motorcycle cops" :banana

absolutely HANDS DOWN the best group of officers I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with... true class acts! and they all appreciate the cars :cheers

cool story! thanks for sharing.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Cool story! :thumbsup
Monica and I had a similar incident with a local police car. I was cruising along on surface streets and see the police car closing the gap behind me rapidly. I too looked and checked I had not been speeding, and told Monica I think this guy is after us. As he got closer he pulled up alongside and motioned me to roll down the window. He said he absolutely loved my car and wanted to get one when he got out of the academy. I asked him if he did and he said he just could not swing it and ended up with a Hemi Challenger. Then he says to us - "for a minute, forget I am a cop. How fast have you gone in that?" I told him that we had gone 221.5 in a closed course event just in case he wasn't forgetting. He gave us a big smile and a thumbs up :thumbsup and sped off.
These cars really make impressions!:biggrin

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I was driving home last summer, was about 500 feet from where I'd turn off and I got "lit up". I had been doing about 80 in a 55 before I had begun to slow down. The officer (county trooper, and they're not known for letting anyone off), "said you know you were over the limit", I just nodded my head, was about to hand him my license and PBA card, he said........."gorgeous car, just try and keep the speed down........enjoy your day". I thanked him and drove off the highway at my exit and couldn't believe my "luck". It's nice every now and then to catch a break!!!!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
A lot better luck with Va cops than me.......

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Motorcyle Troopers on the Interstate???

Bummer!

I'll have to recalibrate my "eyeball" next time I am in the Commonwealth.

H

HHGT

100 in a 35 Mph remote street. Pulls me over and said I made it difficult for him to check out the car. I told him enjoy it all you want, I'm stopped now. We talked for nearly 15 minutes and he sent me off with a warning.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
A local cop pulls up next to me at a stop sign, rolls down his window and says...'ya wanna race?' We both smile as I pull away from the stop, all the while he continues asking questions about the car while we drive side by side (BTW - I have a buddy in the car and he can't believe what's going on). He then speeds up and pulls the guy over in front of me.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
A local cop pulls up next to me at a stop sign, rolls down his window and says...'ya wanna race?'....

When a CHP did that to me in Bishop a few years ago, I said "Sure - for pinks!" He laughed!

:thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I've been pulled over more times than I like to remember, but my most memorable was when I was driving my boss 302 and coming back home one late night, right before my exit on the highway I went through the gears rapping them out to 7500 rpm, you can imagine the sound of a little 302 to at nearly 8000 rpms. anyway I changed three lanes over, no signal (doesnt work)to get off and out of nowhere he was behind me with lights on. he pulled me over and said did you know how fast you were going? I shook my head like an idiot and said 75? he laughed, then I went through my sob story routine of how I usually dont drive like this and I was making sure the car is running good so before I get home I usually just open her up a little! he told me to leave the car running, now my boss has a 572 lift cam and its loppyer than my blk gt, he walked all the way around the car eyeing it up and down, then he came back looked at me and said "Ya its running real good" then let me off with a warning :)

that was a good night!

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
I pulled into my driveway one evening and a local patrol car pulled in my drive right behind me. He did not have his lights on but as he got out of his patrol car I raised both hands and said "am I under arrest". The cop said "not if you'll give me a ride". I said "well then get in". He told me his shift was'nt over for another two minutes but then he would love to.Then as were driving out of my driveway I asked him if he wanted to see what a GT was capable of and he said "you bet". I said "now if I get stopped, you'll do the talking" and he said "I'll do the talking if I'm driving".So I pulled over and let him drive my GT. We drove around town for about 30 or 45 minutes and he was doing stuff with the GT I would'nt consider doing in town unless I really wanted to get a ticket. When I asked him what he was doing and pointed out to him I can't do this shit it's illegal.He said "I'm looking for a cop" and I said "you can't find one when you want one can you?" We both had a lot of laughs and he has become a good friend but seriously he would get behind traffic at a red light and cut through a gas station if we were first at the light he would stop and then proceed before the light turned green. We even did a little drifting on Main St. God I love this car and as you all know so does everyone else.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I pulled into my driveway one evening and a local patrol car pulled in my drive right behind me. He did not have his lights on but as he got out of his patrol car I raised both hands and said "am I under arrest". The cop said "not if you'll give me a ride". I said "well then get in". He told me his shift was'nt over for another two minutes but then he would love to.Then as were driving out of my driveway I asked him if he wanted to see what a GT was capable of and he said "you bet". I said "now if I get stopped, you'll do the talking" and he said "I'll do the talking if I'm driving".So I pulled over and let him drive my GT. We drove around town for about 30 or 45 minutes and he was doing stuff with the GT I would'nt consider doing in town unless I really wanted to get a ticket. When I asked him what he was doing and pointed out to him I can't do this shit it's illegal.He said "I'm looking for a cop" and I said "you can't find one when you want one can you?" We both had a lot of laughs and he has become a good friend but seriously he would get behind traffic at a red light and cut through a gas station if we were first at the light he would stop and then proceed before the light turned green. We even did a little drifting on Main St. God I love this car and as you all know so does everyone else.

Now that's....a good story!:thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
"If I owned one it would never leave my garage. I would look at it all the time....."

Larry?

Thoughts?

:)