UHG!!!!! I just had my first gauge failure, I think

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I had a fuel gauge misbehave before a battery change.

Don't look directly at the gauge. Pretend nothing ever happened. Touch blue to make it true. Check ground, change battery. Delete this post.
Now that is funny!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
All owners should be in the habit of turning the key to the "on" position and WAITING for the odometer display to turn on and THEN pushing the start button. This short pause will allow the gauges to initialize. Now, if the battery voltage is below 12v, initialization still may not complete successful (resulting in one or more in-op gauges for that entire run duration), but at least you are not diverting all available current to the starter during the initialization.

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
All owners should be in the habit of turning the key to the "on" position and WAITING for the odometer display to turn on and THEN pushing the start button. This short pause will allow the gauges to initialize. Now, if the battery voltage is below 12v, initialization still may not complete successful (resulting in one or more in-op gauges for that entire run duration), but at least you are not diverting all available current to the starter during the initialization.
I always do that, I have followed suggestions here on the forum.

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
not to get a lecture on searching the forum, I have searched but would like to know the consensus for battery replcement.

What is the replacement recommendation.?

OEM Optimum, Sears ??

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
OE

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Made in Mexico Optima with shoddy materials and less than mediocre quality control is a no go any longer (for me at least), Sears' Die Hard is not available anymore, where to go now guys ?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Have you looked at Odyssey?

Probably not an exact size match, but great quality.