Uggly front plate

redwhitestripes

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
DUBAI UAE
This the uggly front plate that we need to have in DUBAI.The local police is very strict with this so I dont have any other choice.At least I don't see it when I'm driving... :lol

Attachments

• angie 012.jpg
    angie 012.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 226

HJP

GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 13, 2005
Chicago
That's a shame. Still a beautiful car!

The weather looks nice too!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I think it's not that bad. Even fits the colorscheme !

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Front plate

This was discussed some months back on how to mount the plate. Did you use the plate holder that came with the car? How did you mount it? No one else seems to have done this. I've ordered the front nose bra from Speedlingerie and it will have a removable front plate holder (Velcro). Despite the fact that you have to have it, it does look nice. FJP

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
That front plate has to slow down the maximum speed! I have the bracket and it seems that you would have to dril holes into the bumber to mount it. Is that how it is done?

BlackICE

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That doesn't look too bad at all actually. Much better than some of the nasty U.S plates.

Must be pretty sweet to have a GT in Dubai. Sure, there are plenty of Ferraris, Lambos, etc. But there can't be too many people rolling around the UAE in a GT!

redwhitestripes

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
DUBAI UAE
The dealer used the plate holder that came with the car.Regarding the number I tried to get 6140 as it looks a bit like GT40 but the number was already used.6240 was OK as 62 is my year of birth.It cost me 550 $.The weather is one of the very good thing over here(behind the tax free system though...)between september and mai its 25 to 35 degres C but summertime its more 40 to 50 C.HOT HOT !!
We had 5 GTs but one of them had a crash,I will try to take a couple of pictures as it is at the dealer at the moment.

Pipelion

I agree, front plates suck. Especially on C GTs and F GTs. Good thing it's white and matches the stripes.

Have you asked the police if you can put it in the windshield inside (on the dash board)?

Cool GT,

Allan :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
redwhitestripes said:
The dealer used the plate holder that came with the car.Regarding the number I tried to get 6140 as it looks a bit like GT40 but the number was already used.6240 was OK as 62 is my year of birth.It cost me 550 $.The weather is one of the very good thing over here(behind the tax free system though...)between september and mai its 25 to 35 degres C but summertime its more 40 to 50 C.HOT HOT !!
We had 5 GTs but one of them had a crash,I will try to take a couple of pictures as it is at the dealer at the moment.

Greetings and welcome,
Have you installed the transaxle cooler? Read about the crashed GT on the other Gt forum, understand an insurance company is selling it off.
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers,
daniel

redwhitestripes

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
DUBAI UAE
Crashed GT in Dubai

Ok guys,I went to the Ford dealer this morning to have more details about the crashed GT they had.It was a white with stripes,2000 kms,full options.The owner hit the pavement and damaged the front left wheel,the suspension and everything connected to it.Ford made an estimation of 35000US$ for the parts and work.
The car was sold 68000 US$ as it was.Could have made a gorgeous track car.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The forums speculated that it would be shipped out to another country as folks in your land would not touch a car that was so badly damaged. Any chance you post the vin number? It would be interesting to keep track of this 'salvage' GT.

redwhitestripes

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
DUBAI UAE
Bony,the Ford guy didn't want to talk too much.I just know that the car when to a little workshop in an other emirate:Sharjah.The Ford dealer has contacted Ford Detroit to cancel the car from the warranty system.I will try to have more details if I can and will keep you informed.