Twin Turbo for Ford GT

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
At this moment I'am just thinkinging about it , but I'am sure that before you know it I will probably do it.
Whom would you recommend to do a TT on you'r FGT and why...

(3.90s & Twin Turbo > Just thinking about !!) :eek

Merry Christmas

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Jason

At this moment I'am just thinkinging about it , but I'am sure that before you know it I will probably do it.
Whom would you recommend to do a TT on you'r FGT and why...

(3.90s & Twin Turbo > Just thinking about !!) :eek

Merry Christmas

For too many reasons, I would go with Mr. Heffner.

Pete S.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Just "incase" ...why not wait for a short-short & see what this new, bigger, better, greater, neater Whipple is all about B4U go off the deep end? :shrug

GERMANORACING

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Farmington CT USA
Just "incase" ...why not wait for a short-short & see what this new, bigger, better, greater, neater Whipple is all about B4U go off the deep end? :shrug

Is there any info out on that new Whipple.......

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
patience grasshoper... all cometh to he who waith :)

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
My car is TT and was done by Hef. No complaints yet. Actually, I love it!!!

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Bigger Whipple? Please do tell!!!!:eek I want one already!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Heffner, Hennessey, tmcphail. All people that can help with your decision. I've been in two of the three, and driven a Heffner car. It's the pinnacle of what you can do with a GT. If you're committed to making the change, it's the best way to get giant and usable power. Heffner sets the cars up to make more power with each gear, so you're not sitting there spinning in 1st and 2nd. How many people can mat the throttle in 2nd on their 600rwhp GT on a 45* day, let alone their 850rwhp one? I can't do it in my pulley/tune car, but I've done it in Rippers TT car.

I've also watched a TT GT go 150+ in the 1/4. That my friends, is absurd.

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
I've also watched a TT GT go 150+ in the 1/4. That my friends, is absurd.

Do you recall the ET for that 1/4 mile pass?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not good. It was done for a Car and Driver shootout, so it wasn't on a track. The story is in the February issue and the issue began shipping this week.

The article will make GT owners proud :biggrin

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
It all really depends on your end goal with the vehicle. And as master DBK points out traction becomes an issue the second you increase power. When you add a lot more the car becoms no fun. Well less fun if you don't like getting traction until your into the 3 digit MPH area with the stock tires. :lol

Keep the questions coming you can contact me directly if needed and we will all do our best to guide you down the proper path.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
I know that a few people have tracked cars with pulley and limited power upgrades. Has anyone taken a Ford GT with a whipple or TT to a track? Would be curious about the impressions. It sounds like the TT would still do well, but I worry that power increases from either a whipple or TT could make track times slower and the car more difficult to handle. Any experience with these set-ups in track (road coarse not 1/4 mile straights) conditions?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ed Sims, Black Ice track their Whipple powered FGT's.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I know that a few people have tracked cars with pulley and limited power upgrades. Has anyone taken a Ford GT with a whipple or TT to a track? Would be curious about the impressions. It sounds like the TT would still do well, but I worry that power increases from either a whipple or TT could make track times slower and the car more difficult to handle. Any experience with these set-ups in track (road coarse not 1/4 mile straights) conditions?

I wouldn't build a car up with either if you want to be track rat. On a small track the Whipple will leave you constantly blasting off the tires, and the twins aren't quite as linear as a blower.

I would wager both will make average joe slower on average track. I only run my car 7-8/10ths at the track anyways. The car is more car than most of us are drivers stock.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
This is exactly what I was thinking. I would like to boost the power with perhaps the power upgrade Ford Racing offers. Will likely wait until warranty expires anyway. When I am at the track, in my run groups, virtually nothing passes me anyways...but I must admit that the Whipple or TT upgrades are tempting candy.:biggrin
But like you, Dave, I really am never at the car's limits...but do enjoy the track 3-4X/year.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The correct answer is what is right for you.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
The correct answer is what is right for you.

+100%

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I received the C&D issue Saturday. It puts to rest what is the best car for serious speed. The Lingenfelter vette at $288,000 couldn't catch Peak's GT. They even gave the vette a do over in 15 degree cooler air, still no.

GTs rule.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
HA!

Rock and roll Silverbullitt. I've looked everywhere for that thing and couldn't find it yet.

Game over. Peak's car plus a set of twins = ultimate street car for high speed.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
standing infront of the xxxxing mail box freezing my big butt off waiting for the mailman,
that sonxxaxxxx better have my Car & Driver or I may change roles with him and go postal... can't wait to read it...