Transmission oil cooler

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Can anyone provide a schematic of the oil flow to and from the trans oil cooler, need to know which way the oil flows.. Cheers

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Can anyone provide a schematic of the oil flow to and from the trans oil cooler, need to know which way the oil flows.. Cheers

There are two different coolers available. The ford cooler I believe is top in bottom out while the Cooltech is bottom in, top out. Reach out and PM Nota4re (Kendall) who engineered and sells the Cooltech unit

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Thanks, but I am more interested in which way the oil flows from the transaxle,, Does the oil come from the rear fitting on the trans through the cooler and then to the front fitting on the trans or vise versa.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Out of the transaxle at the rear-most fitting and the fitting toward the front is the return.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Thanks

Oct 15, 2014
does anybody know whats the recommended oil capacity after fitting a cooltech trans cooler? i have no instructions with my kit, purchased from a third party.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
does anybody know whats the recommended oil capacity after fitting a cooltech trans cooler? i have no instructions with my kit, purchased from a third party.

The extra volume from the Setrab heat exchanger and the lines is 0.75 quarts. If installed correctly, the top line at the heat exchanger should go to the front-most port on the transaxle (the return line). As such, you can remove this line at the heat exchanger, hold it up as high as possible and then slowly pour in .75 quarts of transaxle fluid.

Oct 15, 2014
Thanks, confirmed that's the way I have it connected. Nice kit. Perfect fit.