92NSX

Mar 22, 2006

Last edited:

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Does anyone know what the dealer rate to install the cooler is? Thanks.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I just ordered the transcooler from my Ford Dealer and it was $118.00. Obviously this is the wrong part. Do any of you have the part number for the GT transcooler? I will take this part back and re-order it. Also do you have any source for installtion instructions? Apparently I will be the 1st by this dealer to have this installed once I figure out exactly what it is I am going to have installed. Not something that instills a lot of confidence with the install !

:willy

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
92NSC

So how/where do I find the correct parts? The parts dude at FMC is not well versed in GT parts and equiptment. Is there a web site that has these parts listed? This engine oil cooler is the correct/incorrect part? Do I use this cooler with other lines, attachments or do I return this and re-order everything? HAve no clue where to go. I guess I should try to contact Ford Racing?

Confused.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Found this web site under Ford Racing Performance

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=8119

$1279.00 with linkage, couplings etc.

Do you trust the Ford Dealership, which in my case, probably has never installed one of these or find someone? Probably will affect warranty if not done at Ford?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
92NSX

I have had the car less than a month, < 400 miles on it, so I am in no rush. Will take the part back to FMC and get a refund and order the transcooler as per the above website part number. I will also take a copy of the desciption and Ford Racing info. I can easily wait. Thanks for your advice, very helpful.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
92NSX

Ford Dealer took the engine cooler back, indicated that they would probably have to eat the cost, but alos indicated that they asked Ford Parts for the GT Transcooler, and this is what they sent them, so they may have an option to have Ford take it back. Also asked them to order the GT Transcooler and linkage, etc.

We'll see when it shows up.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
They are delayed because of Honeywell not delivering cores.

Dave

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
I think the Ford Racing site has the tranny cooler and the part number. I have ordered it but still do not have a price to install it from the Ford Dealer.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Attached below is a pdf file of some of the items available on the Ford GT Rasing Performance web site. This includes a description of the Trans-cooler and links to order it if you are so inclined. Nice seat covers, aluminum collant and oil caps, long tube headers, short shift linkage, etc.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/fordgt/fordgt.asp

Attachments

• FORD GT TRANSAXLE COOLER KIT Catalogue.pdf
    224.8 KB · Views: 283

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
AtomicGT said:
Found this web site under Ford Racing Performance

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=8119

$1279.00 with linkage, couplings etc.

Do you trust the Ford Dealership, which in my case, probably has never installed one of these or find someone? Probably will affect warranty if not done at Ford?
Eric the white gt at flo's had a trans cooler installed , Very simple you can do it yourself.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I received the transaxle cooled kit from ford motor racing and am quite disappointed is has no install instructions whatsoever. A heat exchanger, line fitting assembly and bag of two AN fittings and 3 bolts. After waiting months for delivery (see previous backorder posts) this is not what I was expecting. Any help as to where to get installation instructions, and/or picture posts?

CanuckGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 21, 2005
Victoria B.C., Canada
Indy GT said:
I received the transaxle cooled kit from ford motor racing and am quite disappointed is has no install instructions whatsoever. A heat exchanger, line fitting assembly and bag of two AN fittings and 3 bolts. After waiting months for delivery (see previous backorder posts) this is not what I was expecting. Any help as to where to get installation instructions, and/or picture posts?

Here's the link to the Ford site that has the installation instructions: http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-7095-GT.pdf

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I have mine on order through Jack at Muscle Motors. Jack called yesterday and told me that Ford just pushed back the delivery date on all the tranny coolers from 5-15 to 6-15. Shift kit was also pushed back to 6-15 as well. Many delays. Tranny coolers will eventually get here, as they have been delivered before. But the who knows about the shift kit. Someday.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
How annoying! I'm hoping to get mine before the summer (particularly having already fully paid for the item at the beginning of April) - maybe I'll buy the re-designed vent as driving it with oil spraying all over the place is rather irritating.

Is it still Honeywell holding everything up?

transaxle cooler....

We have the Ford Racing ones in stock!!!!

M-7095-GT.jpg

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
jack@musclemotors.com
http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778
"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I think mine is on the way over the pond at the moment......

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Neilda said:
I think mine is on the way over the pond at the moment......

It better be

Dave