Transaxle cooler

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The brackets are black in the 2006 cars.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Which brackets are we talking about? I have an 06' but it looks like Ralphies.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The OEM brackets that hold the oil reservoir are black on '06 cars and silver on '05 cars.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Kendall, I respect your information but like 2112 asked, what "brackets" are we talking about and probably lost in translation are we talking about the FR transaxle cooler or your Cooltech cooler?

In 2006 I purchased and installed the Ford Racing transaxle cooler on my 2006 model year GT. It looks and has brackets identical to the picture Ralphie posted. Silver in color to match the other structural elements in the engine compartment.

Since the FR transaxle cooler is an aftermarket supplied kit which has equal applicability to either a 2005 or 2006 FGT, why would there be any year specific coloring to brackets in a kit which could be installed on any FGT. I would imagine all the brackets in the Ford Racing M-7095-GT kit are silver just like pictured on Ralphie’s and my car. Now if you are talking about the Cooltech cooler which you make and supply, then most certainly you get to control what color you paint the brackets in your kit offering.

Thus perhaps there is just confusion (mine included) over which kit (FR or CoolTech) bracket color you are discussing.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I just reread Kendall's post and now see the bracket discussion focuses on the oil tank resevoir, not the transaxle cooler. Sorry, I did not catch that as I was thinking the thread was all about the transaxle heat exchanger.

My bad. Sorry Kendall.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I am still a bit confused, tho this is not a monumental issues by any stretch.

If Ralphies car is an 05' My 06' has the exact same brackets for the Oil Reservoir. Mine is an early 06' tho which may explain it.

Not important, I was just asking for clarification.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Mine is an early 06' tho which may explain it.

I think this is it.