Trailer Modifications for NFGT

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I realized I needed to modify my GT trailer to fit the new GT. First, I needed the base almost 3" wider, and second, because the door is further forward and hinges upward, my trailer side door had to change. I ended up with linear bearings on the roof and having the side door slide rearward. Originally the trailer door would have prevented me from exiting the car after loading. With the window down. the GT door opens fully now. I added access doors at each corner to ease strapping the car down. I also added three line lasers to the trailer ceiling to use as a guide when driving on. I just keep it between the two stripes on my car. As you can see, it's a close fit!IMG_0432.JPGIMG_6274.JPGIMG_6275.JPGIMG_6276.JPG

Reactions: GKW05GT

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
More photos
IMG_6273.JPGIMG_6277.JPG

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
That is awesome (y)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Very interesting idea with the laser. Is that permanently mounted?

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
watch your eyes.. those thing can hurt them.. red are the least hazardous.. but still

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Yes, we use those lasers at work. I painted a line on the center of the trailer bed so I can adjust them if needed.

Reactions: roketman

NSXER

GT Owner
Aug 13, 2016
Kansas
We actually own IP on using lasers and other means to align your car into a trailer by yourself perfectly every time. You will see a product next year for doing this :)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Jim
Very cleaver!
To close for comfort for me though