Trailer for 2017 FGT

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
I like the rail system design with strapping every down before loading into trailer. Saw one at the barrett jackson last week.

I suppose I would try it with a replica but don't think I would trust a rail system with an original car:)

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
jimglo 1.jpg

jimglo 2.jpg

Jimglo all the way. On my second one, and have used it to haul everything from a battleship Bentley Mulsanne to a diminutive NSX. Nothing but the highest possible praise for these guys. Present trailer has over 30,000 miles on it and still cleans up like new...

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
View attachment 45196

View attachment 45195

Jimglo all the way. On my second one, and have used it to haul everything from a battleship Bentley Mulsanne to a diminutive NSX. Nothing but the highest possible praise for these guys. Present trailer has over 30,000 miles on it and still cleans up like new...

Thanks! Why the move to the second trailer? Moving up to a bigger size? Curious if there are any options or configurations you would recommend I don't miss.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Thanks! Why the move to the second trailer? Moving up to a bigger size? Curious if there are any options or configurations you would recommend I don't miss.

Yes, the second one was a bit taller and had more bling in the form of options, like cabinets and interior lighting. Don't think you can go wrong no matter how you spec it.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think one of the things that helped me with my successful NGT application is, like many others, I drove my GT everywhere. Not as much as Jeff but a lot more than most. It is cool to read about the different options of car trailering though. I have a Featherlite trailer that I love but it is only for my horses.

Ed

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
Update in case anyone else is looking for a trailer. I ended up going with JimGlo.

It seems like there are a number of great trailer options but the experience that JimGlo has with the 2017 Ford GT tipped the scales for me. Ford worked with JimGlo to specify trailers for Ford dealers. And as a result they already have Ford's input on how wide to place the tie down track. And they knew how tall the side door on the trailer needed to be to accommodate the Ford GT swing up doors. JimGlo even did testing with an early pre-production Ford GT (one of the bare carbon grey ones) to make sure everything was specced correctly.

So far have been happy with my experience placing an order. Another 4 months and I'll report back on my new trailer.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I have decided to drive mine

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
I have decided to drive mine

Yup. I drive all my cars. Just hate to leave the FGT behind when it's time to drive the F-150. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Update in case anyone else is looking for a trailer. I ended up going with JimGlo.

It seems like there are a number of great trailer options but the experience that JimGlo has with the 2017 Ford GT tipped the scales for me. Ford worked with JimGlo to specify trailers for Ford dealers. And as a result they already have Ford's input on how wide to place the tie down track. And they knew how tall the side door on the trailer needed to be to accommodate the Ford GT swing up doors. JimGlo even did testing with an early pre-production Ford GT (one of the bare carbon grey ones) to make sure everything was specced correctly.

So far have been happy with my experience placing an order. Another 4 months and I'll report back on my new trailer.

You won't be disappointed. Just used mine to haul my sand rail to Glamis. I've used it to transport just about every car I own, and it does a stellar job. Good choice!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Yup. I drive all my cars. Just hate to leave the FGT behind when it's time to drive the F-150. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thumbsup

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
By now you you are probably confused with all the suggestions, but I have owned over a dozen trailers and car haulers ranging from a 20 Trailer to a custom-built Featherlight fifth wheel 50' race transporter. I have hauled everything from Mustangs, to Ford GT's to Daytona Prototype race cars. Last Fall I found a rare 1999 Lamborghini Diablo SV which made a great addition to my collection. I needed to inspect the car prior to purchase, and don't trust many transport companies, so decided to drive my truck myself from Ohio to a small town in the Florida panhandle to see and buy the car if it met my expectations. The first thing I did was measure my width between the wheel wells in my Trailer and my 43' Featherlight, and found that neither were wide enough for the Diablo's 83" width. I figured that I needed a wider trailer for my new Ford GT, so I ended up picking up a new ATC along my route. Because I bought it enroute it had no extra options. However, I find that my portable winch has served me well and cost me only $110. With the removable wheel well, wide side door and my portable race ramps, I was able to easily drive the Diablo right onto the trailer no problem. I only paid about $10K for the trailer, and consider it to be the best-built of any trailer I have ever owned. After seeing it and using it on my way to pick up the new car, I think I was just as excited about new trailer as I was about the SV.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I think Donuts would be the most appropriate at the track !!

Jambalaya...It's good for breakfast, lunch and supper...and midnight for 24hr races.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I ended up picking up a new ATC along my route.

I only paid about $10K for the trailer, and consider it to be the best-built of any trailer I have ever owned..

That was for a new, unused trailer?

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I bought a enclosed 24 foot enclosed ATC Quest 305 trailer for my Gt and Mustang. They dovetailed the last few feet to accommodate the
Gt which is lowered. There design guys were great to work with. I haven't loaded it up yet. But it sure looks great.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
"The full undertrays of the vehicle are carbon fiber, there are no tie down slots. Use only over the tire straps to tie the car down for transport."

"The vehicle doors swing both upward and outward. At the full open position, the top edge of the door is 67 in (170 cm) from the ground and swings outward 26 in (66 cm)."

"The ramp angle / angle of approach on Ford GT is 9 degrees."

"The ground clearance on the car at standard ride height is only 5 in (12 cm). Use care when moving or loading the car to make sure it does not bottom out."

"The installation point for the tow hook is the receptacle in the right corner of the front grille." This means left corner as you face the car. Opposite side from 05/06.

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hi Tim,
any pictures?

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
That was for a new, unused trailer?

Brand new 2017 model 20' Raven series. Full aluminum chassis with white vinyl walls, ceiling vent, all LED lighting, wide driver side concession style door, sloped rear dovetail floor and removable aluminum wheel well.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Best $10 Grand I ever spent.IMG_0747.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
That is a screaming deal.

Great tow vehicle BTW.

leo

Aug 26, 2006
Motor City
Just thought I would add a couple pictures of our Intech that we use to transport the GT. Could not be happier with the quality of the aluminum construction.

cw70KIvmvith5k7wQdiMikNb01l7XTgNey11VJlaLEM