Total disrespect......

Planecrazy232

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
I can tell you that some people really have no clue. I was at a car show a few years ago with my concours '67 Mustang GTA Fastback. Some bozo picked up his 2 yr old off the ground and placed him feet first on top of the front fender to give the kid a better view. I never believed I could react the way I did but I came unglued. I hope I left a lasting impression on him.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I really need to practice coming unglued when these kinds of things happen. I hold my tongue far too much.

Did get after a woman who helped herself to sit in the car, with her beer in hand and without asking. She was pretty belligerent and the wife of the show promoter....I did not get a car award at that show. I had not used the F bomb in public in a long time but did that day. Several folks came up to me later and said how 'controlled' I was with the situation. I did not feel controlled at the time.

I do need to speak up more often on kids touching though. Just hate sounding like a jerk.

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
I really need to practice coming unglued when these kinds of things happen. I hold my tongue far too much.

Did get after a woman who helped herself to sit in the car, with her beer in hand and without asking. She was pretty belligerent and the wife of the show promoter....I did not get a car award at that show. I had not used the F bomb in public in a long time but did that day. Several folks came up to me later and said how 'controlled' I was with the situation. I did not feel controlled at the time.

I do need to speak up more often on kids touching though. Just hate sounding like a jerk.
You are not the jerk when speaking up after someone treats your property without respect, the people who do these things are!

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Unfortunately, you probably have more to lose in this exchange...if you wrestle with a pig YOU get dirty!

I agree that's why I did not make it obvious just a tweek. For down the road. I am not that stupid.:biggrin

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Went to a local car show. Restored a bit of faith. Kids had the most respect. About a dozen sat in the car and had his/her picture taken. This guy couldn't wipe the smile off of his face.....made me smile too......

Attachments

• IMG951082.jpg
    IMG951082.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 384

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ This is what it's all about. :thumbsup

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I let people sit in my car to raise money for the Big brother program.People had to make a note donation (no change) and we actioned off a 1 hour ride.
I also let people sit in it to raise money for the High school athletics program every fall.
It s nice to share the passion and do a little good.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Agree with Ben & Ron. Went to a show today, raised $ for Wounded Warrior Project. Quit a few admirers, but one guy kept coming back, when he came back a 3rd time with his wife and teenage daughter, they were taking pictures of each other in front of the car, I said "excuse me" as I opened the door, and asked if they would prefer to take pictures sitting in the car. You'd think that they'd won the lottery. The smiles and thank you's were almost embarrassing. It's great fun to share the joy!��

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I attent lots of car shows with the various cars I have owned over the past 25 years - I always stay in close proximity to any car I show and have olny encountered a few incidents as listed above. Perhaps the strangest encounter was about 20 years ago with my 70 BOSS 302, in line up for a parade at a small local town. A policeman in uniform was looking my car over and swinging his duty key chain around - you guessed it, the chain broke - keys went straight up in the air and landed on top of my front fender. Everyone standing around the car had their mouths open with a WTF look. No damage to the car that I could see but the look on his face when I told him to get the F away from my car was priceless.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Agree with Ben & Ron. Went to a show today, raised $ for Wounded Warrior Project. Quit a few admirers, but one guy kept coming back, when he came back a 3rd time with his wife and teenage daughter, they were taking pictures of each other in front of the car, I said "excuse me" as I opened the door, and asked if they would prefer to take pictures sitting in the car. You'd think that they'd won the lottery. The smiles and thank you's were almost embarrassing. It's great fun to share the joy!��
That's exactly it!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Kayvan, You have made a lot of very 'interesting' posts here that I and many other envy.....

The ones in this thread are just the opposite if these are really your feelings for sharing this wonderful work of automotive art with others.

I truly enjoy driving this car, but many of the times at various shows and gatherings are cherished memories. Sure, there have been some not great moments, but the vast majority have been great. Never had a problem with 'scam artists' as a result of a car show. The car, its plate and vin number and the address where I live are public record anyway. I don't disclose much personal information but am not going to be paranoid about it either. That is State Farm's problem.

Lets just say I have a very, very, very good reason for these feelings (as some here know) AND you would feel same.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
On a more positive / festive note I keep six 1/72 GT models in charger pouch and give to parents for kids who want to see it...kids cant believe their eyes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-GT-Red...14689?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item19f80efec1

At Laguna last x-mas a little 3yr tike asked to sit in it and got sand on seats from his crocs; parents were horrified and I told them a little sand softens leather ;-)

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
That's a pretty cool idea...wish they had them in yellow, LOL

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Not the same , but close (?)

CIMG0002.jpg
That's a pretty cool idea...wish they had them in yellow, LOL

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
On a more positive / festive note I keep six 1/72 GT models in charger pouch and give to parents for kids who want to see it...kids cant believe their eyes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-GT-Red...14689?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item19f80efec1

At Laguna last x-mas a little 3yr tike asked to sit in it and got sand on seats from his crocs; parents were horrified and I told them a little sand softens leather ;-)

A couple of years ago I read about somebody else on here doing that at car shows. I thought it was a great idea, and now I, too, keep a supply of various sizes of model GTs in the storage compartment for kids (as well as the corresponding models for my other cars at their respective shows). Kids and parents love the gesture, and it is well worth the nominal cost (although I haven't seen these little 1/72 ones. I will have to pick some of these up!)

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014

Hey, my CVS only had the Red and Orange and they were 27 MHz. I got them all Ford GT's and they just all run around on the same frequency!!!!! I need that 49 MHz Yellow!!! I bet I went to 5 different CVS's!!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
We all fear that one asswhole

tonyt

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2014
Malibu, California
Yes....my friend came out of Skybar in LA to find feces on the drivers seat of his brand new 458 Ferrari Spider. The car had 25 miles on it...whoever did this also had bad diarrhea...I kid you not..NEVER leave any car over 200k unattended.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yes....my friend came out of Skybar in LA to find feces on the drivers seat of his brand new 458 Ferrari Spider. The car had 25 miles on it...whoever did this also had bad diarrhea...I kid you not..NEVER leave any car over 200k unattended.

How much hate does someone have inside to even muster the courage to pull this? :frown

If I can't have it, I am going to ruin it for you.....:confused

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...I kid you not..NEVER leave any car over 200k unattended.

'Doesn't even have to be a $200K+ car, Tony. All it has to be is real nice...and sometimes not even that. :bored