• Total voters

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Lgaruti said:
Fast Freddie,

Missed you at the awards banquet. Nice job comming in 2nd... beat me by 2.

Are you thinking about returning in May?
Larry

Larry. on awards night i was at the small gathering in Ely where there were about 15 people or so. somebody brought the results in after the dinner and me and my navigator were stunned when we found out that we came in 2nd. we were 90% sure that we were within a .25 second of the perfect time and figured we would at least make the top ten. but to get 2nd and lose 1st by a mere .07 of a second we were thrilled. normally i wouldn't be happy about getting 2nd in anything but since this was our 1st time running the silver state we were more than satisfied with our result. :party

the winner of the 130 class was there too and when he found out that he took 1st in that class he started running up and down the stairs he was so happy.

i will be back in may running my viper in the same class again. i will have my 3.33 gears in by then too so hopefully i will be able to get a little higher speed in the high noon shootout. i wish i could say that i will be driving a ford GT but i am still a couple years out on the aquisition of one. until then i will just keep living vicariously through the fordgtforum.com :cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Looks pretty much like a Bell curve so far.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
GT gives you wings

fjpikul said:
Looks pretty much like a Bell curve so far.
To me looks like the cross section of an airplane wing..

Gt'lers are ready for take-off, folks ! :thumbsup

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Top Speeds

DBK et al - looks like the red GT's are driven "faster" than midnight blue and speed yellow cars. I've never seen a Mary Kay GT yet, but they seem to be middling when it comes to adventuring the upper limits of the GT's.

I am a bit currious why the white, black and Tungsten cars haven't shown up in this poll. DBK are you fiddling with the data? :rofl

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
DBK,
I purchased the Garmin Street Pilot about 5 yrs ago. As I recall it was in the $500 range.
The newer Garmin models have more features and probably are a $100 or so more.
Dave, again Peggy & I would like to thank you & Joey for the great job you did in Dearborn.

Larry

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I have a white GT... but I would never exceed the posted speed limit. :eek :eek I did have it at 200 on the dyno though.

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
Well I just rode in one, and he didn't hit "the number". Dang FL rain....

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Awsum GT said:
I have a white GT... but I would never exceed the posted speed limit. :eek :eek I did have it at 200 on the dyno though.
:biggrin :thumbsup

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
PL510*Jeff said:
DBK et al - looks like the red GT's are driven "faster" than midnight blue :rofl

NO ! Don't think so !!!
:willy

BossFaun

GT Owner
Aug 27, 2006
Farmingdale, NY
I'm an old fogy and when I go over 80 mph my nose starts bleeding. I guess I will have to sell my GT.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
BossFaun said:
I'm an old fogy and when I go over 80 mph my nose starts bleeding. I guess I will have to sell my GT.
Or stop the cocaine habit..

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I was asked by a very old friend (who hadn't seen my GT until then) to take him for a fast spin in it on Friday. We found an empty dual carriageway/freeway, perfect weather.....

I don't often 'drive it like I stole it' - foot flat down in 1, 2, 3, 4.....

I often forget just how quick it is.... scared myself :lol

At one point I felt I was just hanging on to an intercontinental rocket... :biggrin

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
BossFaun said:

you can give it to me I promise to go 200+ mph :)

:cheers :banana

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
It's amazing to see how few people drive it fast...

although that's where the car really convinces. - Unless you need to do emergency braking... and aspire to new discs afterwards due to overheating :bored

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I've stopped quickly from high speed, but never had to slam the anchors on. From the feel of the GT I suspect I have nothing to worry about (other than what causes me to have to stop!).

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Neilda said:
I've stopped quickly from high speed, but never had to slam the anchors on. From the feel of the GT I suspect I have nothing to worry about (other than what causes me to have to stop!).
Neill,

unless you have to slam down from 300km/h to like a 100... Not a good thing, unless you ride a carboceramic Ferrari..

Mine are still ok. 1 of 19 had to exchange all the discs, due to heatcracks. I had that once on a standard 360 Modena, after such despaired flat out braking going to Rome because of an idiot in a truck pulling into my trajectory..

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I maybe should rename myself as 1 of 5, according to the poll... :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Our perception of fast is warped Stefano. :biggrin

One of the issues with going reaaaaaally fast is that I'm reticent to stab the brakes at high speed, not for fear of safety, but for fear of replacing them often. So you need a real good bit of long solid pavement to do so, which is hard to come by in my area...

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Not sure if I'm just a puss, but I do know I wouldn't do well in a overnight stay at the LA County jail making "love vows" to Buba. At those speeds in this area thats where your going.
Watching some of these videos.....I don't know how you guys pull it off. :eek

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Certainly no worries about high-speed stability or "lightness" at high speeds...according to my friend who has driven like that. :wink

The car has very effective aerodynamics that only increase stability at speed, and the coolest part is how you can feel it hunker down above 120 and then lift again as you slow to less than 100. Even wind noise isn't an issue. Truly amazing how comfortable the car is at those speeds -- and how quickly it gets there!

At least that's what my friend says... :rofl