tool storage

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Well -- my garage is coming right along and its time to look for furniture.:wink

I would appreciate any recommendations on steel tool storage cabinet manufacturers.

Thanks,

Manny

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
And it's nothing crazy. Just a shop desk a couple of tool/storage cabinets.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Craftsman makes a nice one; power ports, lighting etc

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I just set up my tools this weekend :thumbsup

I purchased a tool box at Costco for about $800 less than a very similar Craftsman at Sears. It is REALLY sharp and all stainless.
I purchased a 432 piece tool set (from Craftsman) to go with it. If you like I can post some pics.

I saved some money and got the same quality and functionality in my opinion.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I just set up my tools this weekend :thumbsup

I purchased a tool box at Costco for about $800 less than a very similar Craftsman at Sears. It is REALLY sharp and all stainless.
I purchased a 432 piece tool set (from Craftsman) to go with it. If you like I can post some pics.

I saved some money and got the same quality and functionality in my opinion.

Same here.. I got a real nice SS cabinet from Costco as well. I think Garage Tek makes some cool wall mount stuff?

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I got the CSPS from Costco. I also use Garage Tek and it works well.

MG0427

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Central Florida
This what I going to get from my garage,
http://uniquegarage.com/design.html#

Mg

Attachments

• FordGT40.jpg
    FordGT40.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 278

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
SWEET...I have to find out about this today!!!!

gt40-V2.jpg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
looking for a CF box to replace my Snap On Condo

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
carbon fibre box would not be too durable. maybe you can get some CF skins for your snap on equipment. I think you can find that stuff on the net.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Wow that Unique stuff looks great!

Any comments on Lista, moduline, and Stanley stuff?
They seem like mucho $$$ and wonder if it is really worth it. Going by Costco after work. Thanks--

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I have Lista in my shop... without doubt great stuff.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Buy 'Merican! :thumbsup

Whatever you do, get it kustom pinstriped. If you are in SoCal, you should stop by and check out the Craftsman boxes at Art Chrisman's shop. They have a gorgeous pinstriping job....it's also helps that they are sitting amongst the custom engines the 'godfather of speed' puts together that are simply stunning works of art by themselves.

You might want to also consider an out of production Matco Box - the Jesse James Flames Edition - Couldn't care less that it has Jesse James' name slapped on it...but it IS wicked looking with plenty of ATTITUDE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mac-Jesse-James...ryZ42363QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have Lista in my shop... without doubt great stuff.

Manny-

Another vote for Lista +1 :thumbsup High quality stuff to go with your new Trailex.

You are welcome to look over my Lista stuff if you are looking for an excuse to drive...

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Equipto cabinets

Here is a pic of my garage, at least before I piled all of the stuff in there. A friend of mine supplies the cabinets, lifts etc to the car dealers in the southwest so he provided this stuff to me. I liked it because it was heavier scale stuff than the cheap commercial cabinets I was finding.

Attachments

• lift in 000 -21.JPG
    lift in 000 -21.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 85

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Here is a pic of my garage, at least before I piled all of the stuff in there. A friend of mine supplies the cabinets, lifts etc to the car dealers in the southwest so he provided this stuff to me. I liked it because it was heavier scale stuff than the cheap commercial cabinets I was finding.

Very nice setup! I have serious garage envy. :thumbsup

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Equipto stuff

Very nice setup! I have serious garage envy. :thumbsup

Thanks. I have a huge amount of respect for the people I've met on this site. For you to be envious in any way is a huge compliment to me. Just wish I could keep it that clean all the time.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
....... Just wish I could keep it that clean all the time.

Shouldn't be a problem. Hire Empty Pockets.

As he's: 1) retired and 2) doesn't drive his GT very often, he has plenty of time available. Just make sure your top notch & wonderful garage has a large plasma screen and internet capability so MT can stay current on The GT Forum.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
with the level of wit around this forum I can't believe that no one has made a comment about BVD's or such. :bored

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Mr. Blood,

Wow-- great set up.

Chris thanks. I ordered some lista stuff. Took me about 10 sec. when I saw them. Just got a bench, and a mobile cabinet, to move the pina coladas from one side of the garage to the other.