Too good to be true???

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
There have been numerous posts about extended warranties for the FGT and I’m curious if anyone has dealt with US Fidelis? A colleague has a 5 year warranty with them for his 2004 Suburban and spoke very highly of them. I had some time to kill this afternoon and figured it wouldn’t hurt to talk. Here’s what I got from my conversation. First off, the sales person immediately transferred me to a supervisor. Maybe they could tell I was a sucker :lol US Fidelis has been in business since 1995 and has written 5 million extended warranty policies. The product for the FGT is underwritten by Royal Insurance (est. in 1994) and they are insured by Lyndon Insurance Company (est. in the 1950’s). Based on the miles that I drive, they offered me an 8 year/100K miles bumper to bumper warranty, covering over 5000 parts and labor. Pretty much covers everything, except wear and tear items. To compensate for the remaining 6 months of my factory warranty he extended their warranty an additional year (8 years total). Coverage is good through any dealership or ASE certified mechanic. The warranty comes with a $100 deductible, covers towing (flatbed) for 25 miles, 24 hour roadside assistance and a rental car. If you’re not happy with the plan, there is a $25 cancellation fee or it can transferred to the next owner for a $50 fee. It really does sound too good too be true that there is an extended warranty available for the FGT. I’m waiting for a return call from my local service manager to check his dealings with the company. Any feedback would be appreciated.

John

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Cost?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
its hit and miss, I had it on my porsche and mercedes I came ahead on the porsche but lost on the mercedes, the company that covered the merc went out of business and bankrupt, good luck trying to recover your premium from them,:bored although I have to say, they covered the repairs everytime there was a problem. as for the gt, it will be interesting Im sure as more car are coming out of warranty that some people will choose to buy extended and hopefully we can determine which companies are the best to deal with

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Coverage is good through any dealership or ASE certified mechanic...
John

Only if Shadowman, or the GTguys are ASE certified and would accept the policy terms for payment in full and they don't cap repair cost based on book hours. Somehow I doubt it.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Only if Shadowman, or the GTguys are ASE certified and would accept the policy terms for payment in full and they don't cap repair cost based on book hours. Somehow I doubt it.

+1 Bingo.

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale

Roughly $2400. It started as a 5 year/50K mile warranty. They took into account my annual miles and remaining factory warranty and offered me an 8 year/100K mile warranty for the same price. I assume prices will vary from car to car, depending on the variables.

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale

The company is going to mail me a contract and coverage details. I doubt it will include the payment schedule but maybe I can get some details from my service advisor regarding reimbursement.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Find out if the extended warranty covers cars that are upgraded (pulley, tune, exhaust, turbo's, tires, wheels, etc.) Many only extend a warranty on a vehicle that remains stock from the factory.

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ralphie....
Pllease no realty checls..... ;-)
Let's enjoy another snifter of Grand Fin Champagne Hine....
And dream on.....

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Find out if the extended warranty covers cars that are upgraded (pulley, tune, exhaust, turbo's, tires, wheels, etc.) Many only extend a warranty on a vehicle that remains stock from the factory.

I'm sure there will have plenty of questions when their packet arrives. I'll add that one to the list.....keep 'em coming.

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Since my last post, the extended warranty packet arrived and I had a chance to speak with a couple dealers. The good news is both dealers have dealt with US Fidelis and had positive experiences. I questioned the warranty company about modifications and after a couple minutes on hold, they replied that the policy would be cancelled. If the mod incorporates anything other than Ford parts there is no coverage for the entire car. They do allow mods to the tires and wheels, within reason. Well, there may be hope for the owners of stock GTs. But for me, I was declined because of an aftermarket air filter. Good luck.....maybe someone will be abe to use this info.

John

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
But for me, I was declined because of an AFTERMARKET AIR FILTER (!!!).

John

Now, if THAT doesn't give you some idea of how they'll be looking for any possible nitpicking "way out" when a GT customer files a claim - I don't know what would! :lol

I'm jus' sayin'...