To the NFGT Application gods...

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Last, major thanks to:

Shelby's crew for applying clear bra across the entire front end, rockers and other exposed areas. Some minor wicking on a few edges due to speed / wind / rain combo but paint and body are as flawless as the day I bought it from him

Stillen - front and rear splash guards; a must have.

IDS Window Tint. Got me in on short notice to install ClearPlex on windshield. We took a number of direct hits on the windshield - just no way to avoid it. Many look to have puncture through the 4mm shield but none caused any damage to the glass. And not a single scratch from either windshield wipers or gas station window cleaning squgees of questionable age / quality. Very impressive and necessary stuff!

http://idswindowtint.com/clear-plex/

Last edited:

atspeed

LAST BLU
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Berkeley, CA
Wow, what an amazing trip. Now on my bucket list. Thank you!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Great photos Joe! Some of my more memorable Alcan trips have been in the winter. Flat tire at 35 below zero. Breaking down (dead voltage regulator) in the middle of nowhere. Still in a GT - never would have thought about it! Amazing!

Ed

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Prologue...

Was a fantastic trip but didn't do me a hill 'o beans with the NFGT. Or Hagerty...

Darn...

And just to round out the whole experience... Before taking the trip with the GT, I contacted Hagerty (who cover the car) about the miles, travel through Canada and having the car in Anchorage for the summer (including home / garage photos). No Problem they said, miles under 5K, have a good time. On 25 July 2016, I received a registered letter from Hagerty stating they would not be renewing the coverage (8 Aug 2016) on my GT because of excessive miles and concern about having the car in Anchorage.

YMMV...

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Joe - talk with Drew at Classic Auto Insurance. I & many others on the forum use him! He's great & may be able to help you. He's a sponsor on the forum also!

Ed

PS Do you know Flatrod on the forum? He's in Anchorage & I've visited with him on my trips up there.

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Ed, Joe knows me.

Joe, will you be bring your car to the Show and Shine Sunday on the park strip? I may have Terry's black car there.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Will be there rain or shine!

Ed, Joe knows me.

Joe, will you be bring your car to the Show and Shine Sunday on the park strip? I may have Terry's black car there.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Thanks Ed. I did talk with Drew some time back. Unfortunately wasn't able to help because of my mixed residence / registration sitation.

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Congratulations on the adventurous drive.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Will be there rain or shine!

And in AK it could definitely be rain!

Ed

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Just a heads up....never take anyone from West Texas with you on a trip into that area. I promise you my Christian Arms 300win with Carbon Fiber Barrel would be puttin in work!!!!!!!!!!!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I know the application process is over but I'm hoping you may just be looking for a tie-breaker so that maybe one or two average "Joe's" get selected...

I know it's not wins at LeMans or Watkins Glenn but how about the AlCan? Just finished 3400 miles, Denver to Anchorage in my 05 FGT on roads of about every condition, speeds from 5 to a lot more and glorious sunshine to torrential downpour! Car performed absolutely flawlessly and is an awesome testament to just how great these cars are - turned heads everywhere, spent extra hours at gas stations with guys who'd never otherwise get to see one in person and hundreds of waves / thumbs up from cars, trucks and motorcycles.

Offer me a New FGT and I PROMISE I'll do it again in the new one!!!!

attachment.php

Us in Teslin, Yukon Territory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teslin,_Yukon
Joe, great trip. I remember that exact spot from my motorcycle trip up there 20+ years ago. I went from Virginia to Fairbanks and back (FYI, it's exactly 4200 miles to Fairbanks from where I lived in N. Va.). On the return, I dropped down to Stewart, CAN and Haines AK, then to Prince Rupert, then to the Canadian Rockies and down the Jasper Valley to Banff and to Glacier NP. I wanna do that again!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Joe, great trip. I remember that exact spot from my motorcycle trip up there 20+ years ago. I went from Virginia to Fairbanks and back (FYI, it's exactly 4200 miles to Fairbanks from where I lived in N. Va.). On the return, I dropped down to Stewart, CAN and Haines AK, then to Prince Rupert, then to the Canadian Rockies and down the Jasper Valley to Banff and to Glacier NP. I wanna do that again!

Pete, that is a GREAT trip on a bike. I'm up for that trip if you want to do it again. We should start a motorcycle sub-forum. Ha

WildWest

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2016
Idaho

We just crossed the border back into the USA after a month long journey to Alaska. We actually camped in Teslin, I immediately recognized where you were as soon as I opened your thread and saw the photo! I gotta hand it to you for taking on the AlCan in your GT...bravo, well done!