Tires. Where can you get tires for an '06 GT?

larrypack

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2013
Where can you get tires sizes P315/40ZR19 and the fronts are P235/45ZR18 ? Dealers can't get them, and I called Goodyear and they don't make them anymore.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Bridgestone tires are often available from Radial Tire (Bill) 301-585-2740 or 703-554-4803: From @roketman (link) May 6 2022 "Hi Ron, happy Friday! I wanted to let you know that I have 12 Bridgestone GT tires and Bridgestone called me today to inform me that they have allocated their entire North American stock to us which is awesome. I have 90 rears and 90 fronts coming to me me. Now I am biting my nails hoping for calls." Correct Bridgestone sizes for the 2005/6 Ford GT are:
  • Front: Bridgestone RE050A Potenza (Porsche N1) 265/40R18
  • Rear: Bridgestone RE050A Potenza Scuderia 345/35R19

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
As said above, and in many other threads, Bridgestones are what you want. Much better than Goodyears.
Hope you can find a set.

Reactions: 2112

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Where ever you find them, make sure they have recent date codes. Last batch I think were all 2022 dated.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Costco is having a Bridgestone promotion and could order them last time I checked.

PS. Search can be your friend. There are probably 20 topics on where to find tires...

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I'm surprised Dr Pickle didn't say that! He must be softening in his dotage.

Reactions: KJD

mglick

Mar 2, 2021
I have a 2006 Ford GT with 33 miles and always kept in my climate controlled garage. I have noticed some
bumps in the paint on my Frunk, inside and outside and around the Frunk storage area in the paint. Any
thoughts about what to do. I am thinking my Ford GT cannot be the only one with this issue.
Also, any ideas on where to get parts. I need a center tunnel/center console because the paint is bubbling.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing all other Ford GT owners.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have a 2006 Ford GT with 33 miles and always kept in my climate controlled garage. I have noticed some
bumps in the paint on my Frunk, inside and outside and around the Frunk storage area in the paint. Any
thoughts about what to do. I am thinking my Ford GT cannot be the only one with this issue.
Also, any ideas on where to get parts. I need a center tunnel/center console because the paint is bubbling.
Shame it never got driven

Reactions: Ravage

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Can you take a few pics of the impacted areas?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I am thinking my Ford GT cannot be the only one with this issue.
Correct. Both of these issues were documented way back in the day. Thankfully only a small % of cars were effected. Not sure how that helps you, however. I think you're going the right way insofar that both areas need to be fully stripped, properly prepared, and re-painted. Not so fun, I know, but that's what its going to take.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I have seen a couple where the bubbles were able to be wet sanded (on the paint side) out by a skilled body guy and looked perfect.I have also seen cars that needed the the hood changed.it all depends on how bad they are.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
If you puncture the bubble(s) with a hot needle they will stop growing.

This issue may recur post repair, I was told.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Shame it never got driven
Agreed. The good news is that paint bubbles will not impact the ability of the car to continue sitting in a garage undriven.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Bridgestone tires are often available from Radial Tire (Bill) 301-585-2740 or 703-554-4803: From @roketman (link) May 6 2022 "Hi Ron, happy Friday! I wanted to let you know that I have 12 Bridgestone GT tires and Bridgestone called me today to inform me that they have allocated their entire North American stock to us which is awesome. I have 90 rears and 90 fronts coming to me me. Now I am biting my nails hoping for calls." Correct Bridgestone sizes for the 2005/6 Ford GT are:
  • Front: Bridgestone RE050A Potenza (Porsche N1) 265/40R18
  • Rear: Bridgestone RE050A Potenza Scuderia 345/35R19
What's with the "(Porsche N1)". I don't think that's on my tires. They're marked with the rest.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They are rear tires on a Porsche, but the tread patterns match the Scuderias.