thinking of selling

rick430

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
boston
I'm thinking of selling my late 06 blue with stripes no mac. I've got a 430 on the way and have to make room. What would a realistic number on this car be.Ferrari dealer really wants it and I would benefit tax wise giving it to him.However he would only give me wholesale since he has to also make money plus he won't commit to a figure till the 430 arrives in feb.What do you guys think

M

Mark O

I'm thinking of selling my late 06 blue with stripes no mac. I've got a 430 on the way and have to make room. What would a realistic number on this car be.Ferrari dealer really wants it and I would benefit tax wise giving it to him.However he would only give me wholesale since he has to also make money plus he won't commit to a figure till the 430 arrives in feb.What do you guys think

Throw in the shipping costs & maybe I'll consider it. :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
$150k=$155k

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
If the Ferrari dealer really wants your GT, wholesale should not be a consideration. Unless you can do much better selling the GT on your own, a fair deal might be determined as follows: Assuming you pay msrp for the 430 and it has a higher market value, the "equity" you receive upon purchasing the 430 should be greater than the the difference between what you paid for the GT and the trade in value you receive for it.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
What do you guys think

List it for sale, won't hurt anything...might get some activity on it with a certain option not being on the car :wink

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Throw in the shipping costs & maybe I'll consider it. :biggrin

Mark O, you are in Walpole and Rick 430 is in Boston, not much shipping, go for it.....

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Shipping is less than 2 gallons of gas, 27 miles. Wait for a clear roads and clear weather and you can drive it! Go for it!

BlackICE

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...le&1s=MA&1z=&2pn=&2a=&2c=boston&2s=ma&2z=&r=f

dan

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2006
here in NY if you trade in the car you do not have to pay sales tax on the amount equal to the trade. If you sell it outright you have pay tax on the whole amount of the ferrari.

just my 2 pence worth

dan

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I'm thinking of selling my late 06 blue with stripes no mac. I've got a 430 on the way and have to make room. What would a realistic number on this car be.Ferrari dealer really wants it and I would benefit tax wise giving it to him.

If the dealer really wants it, then he should give you a fair price for it. Not market, but closer to it than absolute wholesale. But yes, until your next car is ready, no sense in the dealer talking numbers with you now. Plus, he knows with the excitement of the new car, most customers just eat the loss without taking much of a stab at negotiation...

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You've got until February. Try to sell it yourself til then and if you don't sell it, see what his offer is when the 430 comes in. Tax savings can be substantial, 6.25% here in Texas or $8750 on $140000.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
You Texans have it great. No state income tax and only 6.25% tax on autos. In CA 10.3% income tax and 8.25% sales tax!!! And you thought everything is big in Texas.

BlackICE

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Plus, no offset for trades...

Painful to read these types of posts...

But at least everyone else is not getting hammered like we are...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I bought a new 06 (3) option no mac car in October. late build# 1749, for $156K , 3.5 miles on ODO. plastic still on seats..

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Why are you selling it Rick?

M

Mark O

Why are you selling it Rick?

I can answer that one. Since I live close to him & am now a GT owner, he doesn't want to be associated with riff-raff like me. :biggrin

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Makes Me Wonder

I can answer that one. Since I live close to him & am now a GT owner, he doesn't want to be associated with riff-raff like me. :biggrin

Makes me wonder if that's why no GT owners live close to me?:shrug

:biggrin :cheers :biggrin

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Makes me wonder if that's why no GT owners live close to me?:shrug

:biggrin :cheers :biggrin

Did you forget about me? In TX 200 miles is close. It would only cost me 1.30 in gas to get to your house if it doesent go up to 28 cents a gallon since we are near the holidays.

I ran down 281 yesterday. I didn't know you were only 20+ miles from it.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Maybe Its An Age Thing?

Did you forget about me? In TX 200 miles is close. It would only cost me 1.30 in gas to get to your house if it doesent go up to 28 cents a gallon since we are near the holidays.

I ran down 281 yesterday. I didn't know you were only 20+ miles from it.
Bullitt,
You are the closest GT owner I know.:thumbsup
You're right, you ARE just down the road a piece.:biggrin
I was thinking like those folks in the "colonies" there for a minute.:bored
Guess I'm getting "old" and "slow".:frown
But I do have the the exhaust, trans-axel cooler, & pully/tune to help speed things up in my "old" age.:thumbsup :banana :thumbsup

Fred

:cheers

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I may be moving to Texas soon. California is crazy, and I need to get out.
I was looking at houses in the Westlake, Southlake and Colleyville areas. Are those close to you guys?:biggrin

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I Escaped Years Ago

I may be moving to Texas soon. California is crazy, and I need to get out.
I was looking at houses in the Westlake, Southlake and Colleyville areas. Are those close to you guys?:biggrin

Rocman,

I escaped from the “Hotel California” 29 years ago, and have never looked back.:biggrin

In retrospect it was probably one of the best moves I ever made :thumbsup [although I did keep my house out there up until last year].

The increasing Real Estate values was a good thing.:thumbsup

The places you are looking are near Ft Worth, and are “just down the road a piece” [about 6 hrs form the Fresh Spirit Ranch].:biggrin

They are nice areas, but WAY too crowded for Spirits.:cool

Fred