Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
i don’t think so. Mine turns 1 year old on the 24th of this month!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Mecum left overs.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
The ad says $2 Million and “no issues” or contract restrictions for sale. Huh?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The ad says $2 Million and “no issues” or contract restrictions for sale. Huh?

I think Ford can only go after the original purchaser.It's changed hands 2 or 3 times now so I doubt there's anything they can do to this seller

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
This is a seller in Arlington, Texas trying to advance his poor purchase ! Never heard of him but handles exotics.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
sigh...I dont know whether to make jokes about the "A" in Type A, or just let it be and let the thread die...

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I think Ford can only go after the original purchaser.It's changed hands 2 or 3 times now so I doubt there's anything they can do to this seller

This is correct.

Regarding the price, I think the people paying these prices are much too optimistic. In a year’s time when “legitimate” cars come to market, I think prices will calm down considerably. Not that they will be inexpensive, but I think at least 1/2 of what you’re seeing now.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The car is in my "backyard" here in Fort Worth. It's getting punted around like a stock certificate. Sad.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I'm not so sure the price is out of line...

Obviously it's whatever the market will bear. And with so many of the lucky NFGT owners swearing they'll never sell, the pool of available cars is likely to remain small (relative to the 7000+ people who entered the first draw) and prices high.

Great if you own one, not so hot if you want one...

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I'm not so sure the price is out of line...

Obviously it's whatever the market will bear. And with so many of the lucky NFGT owners swearing they'll never sell, the pool of available cars is likely to remain small (relative to the 7000+ people who entered the first draw) and prices high.

Great if you own one, not so hot if you want one...

I hear ya, but I think $2mm is all hype and bragging rights for the short term. There are too many examples of new "instant collector" cars coming out recently, all with production around 1000 units. They are 2-3x MSRP for a year, as inventory grows and the hype dies, the asking prices drop. Granted, I think this car is more special than all those others, like Mclaren P1, GT3RS, 911R, 918, etc, but $2mm I dont see as anywhere near sustainable. I think $650-750K is realistic in 3 years, barring another recession. In the latter case I'd say MSRP or worse. Also I'd guess more than half those 7000 apps were playing the lotto game hoping to flip for profit. Another example, which I think bears closest resemblance to this car, is the F40. Granted, its 3x MSRP 25 years later (not a good return fwiw). But after the initial hype you could get one for MSRP for years. And that was and still is one of the ultimate Ferraris and supercars.

Cars always end up changing hands over time, there will be inventory. People lose interest, die, divorce, lose jobs, something else excites them, etc. Eventually there is a float of cars out there, at least 1-2%. With that math we should have 10-20 cars for sale at any given time in the future. 1000 is rare, but its enough where I think anyone willing to be patient will have their chance to own one well below $1mm. God willing, I'll be one of them.

Cavan

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I agree with Ajay the resale will be lower than normal but 2M seems a little aggressive.
Time will tell.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
1000 is rare, but its enough where I think anyone willing to be patient will have their chance to own one well below $1mm. God willing, I'll be one of them.

Cavan

I'm with you there!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
GT

Disregarding rarity the GT already has a proven race winning heritage and the road car is basically the same animal. Most limited production cars from other manufactures cannot make the same claim. Very few original owner forum members will sell but all bets are off once we pass these down!:facepalm:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I remember several years ago I was offered a Maserati MC12, basically a Maser Enzo for $850K, and passed. They now go for well over $2 million.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I'm with you there!

Sure hope y’all are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Agreed. Once the 2 year embargo expires, the market will readjust itself and I see the NFGT pricing itself right around the 800-850k range in the foreseeable future. FGT will creep back up a little bit, just to bring the difference (I think 400-450K to be a fair delta) between the FGT and NFGT a little bit closer.

At 1.5-2.0 million range, you are competing with the P1/918/Pagani/Koenisegg and when the market hype dies down, normal market values will take over.

I hear ya, but I think $2mm is all hype and bragging rights for the short term. There are too many examples of new "instant collector" cars coming out recently, all with production around 1000 units. They are 2-3x MSRP for a year, as inventory grows and the hype dies, the asking prices drop. Granted, I think this car is more special than all those others, like Mclaren P1, GT3RS, 911R, 918, etc, but $2mm I dont see as anywhere near sustainable. I think $650-750K is realistic in 3 years, barring another recession. In the latter case I'd say MSRP or worse. Also I'd guess more than half those 7000 apps were playing the lotto game hoping to flip for profit. Another example, which I think bears closest resemblance to this car, is the F40. Granted, its 3x MSRP 25 years later (not a good return fwiw). But after the initial hype you could get one for MSRP for years. And that was and still is one of the ultimate Ferraris and supercars.

Cars always end up changing hands over time, there will be inventory. People lose interest, die, divorce, lose jobs, something else excites them, etc. Eventually there is a float of cars out there, at least 1-2%. With that math we should have 10-20 cars for sale at any given time in the future. 1000 is rare, but its enough where I think anyone willing to be patient will have their chance to own one well below $1mm. God willing, I'll be one of them.

Cavan

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

The P1/918/Pagani/Koenisegg's are all great cars but they aren't strikingly beautiful like the new GT is. I predict market values above 1M from here on out. 10 years ago I argued with Bony about the '05-'06 GT's appreciating. He said there were too many of them. I said there was more demand than cars even with production of 4038 cars. Like all Ford GT's before, the new GT is a timeless classic the moment it rolls out of the factory. Cheers.

Chip

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Also, unlike the other cars mentioned, the NFGT is a homologation car.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I’m with Chip! I have displayed my 2017 GT three times at a very large 300-350 Cars and a Coffee in Houston and from my pictures I post in this Forum there is everything in the SUPERCAR area and I mean everything and most are owned by mostly middle Eastern what I call “trust fund kids” with very wealthy family members. All the latest and some I can’t even pronounce and most I have no idea who builds them. My GT is goergous and they are BUTT UGLY and have the most wild colors and stripes With interior stitching and colors that don’t even match. The New Ford GT is always the head turner and I can’t emphasize that enough and the crowds beg for me to stay and not leave. I’m in line with Chip on future values, we have pieces of art and people love them and always will! With Fords today racing results and stories the history is building and building fast! Stay tuned and hang on for the Fast Ride!

Last edited: