The same 2017 Ford GT going up for sale again

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
NFGT for sale! Again....

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...sold-for-1-8m-at-auction-is-up-for-sale-again

2005 FGT #30
2017 NFGT #H043
2017 GT350R #H249
2017 Focus RS #H756

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
REALLY???? :facepalm:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

The P1/918/Pagani/Koenisegg's are all great cars but they aren't strikingly beautiful like the new GT is. I predict market values above 1M from here on out. 10 years ago I argued with Bony about the '05-'06 GT's appreciating. He said there were too many of them. I said there was more demand than cars even with production of 4038 cars. Like all Ford GT's before, the new GT is a timeless classic the moment it rolls out of the factory. Cheers.

Chip

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Also, unlike the other cars mentioned, the NFGT is a homologation car.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
LOL. This car may be the main attraction at every Mecum auction for the next year. Good grief.

Chip

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Wow that's quite an interesting stat! Looks like you are doing your part :wink

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I think your perception is dead on. Last time around (2005-2006) there were plenty of otherwise-non-exotic-car-buyers purchasing Ford GTs. Many of them were blue collar domestic guys who never had an interest in these kind of cars (and these kind of prices...) before the GT.

I think a similar pattern is happening this time around. The NFGT is far more expensive. It’s also far more exclusive. Just like last time, people are pulling financial levers they normally wouldn’t have pulled to buy this one. Some of those levers are selling stocks, property, their last GT or taking out a line of credit (or all four...).

I financed my last GT and I’ll be financing this one. Ask anyone, from a captain of industry to a stock broker to a poor schlub trying to afford a half-million-dollar car: You don’t live or die by any single financial decision but by your long-term success/failure in making those decisions. I’m happy with my pattern in this area, though I’m sure many folks wouldn’t have done it that way.

P.S. I live in Southern California too, and I’m guessing a frightening percentage of the dream cars we see driving these roads everyday are financed. :biggrin

Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my comment and perhaps my perception has been skewed by the 4 NFGT owners that I know personally in LA. One is a Youtuber and rents his house. The other three owners lives in a 2-3 million dollar homes and had to take a line of credit from their bank to purchase their NFGT. I was brought up fiscally conservative, so I don't necessary agree with purchasing a toy that makes up a large chunk of their total asset allocation.

I do agree with you on cars with motorsport linkage. I very much appreciate my Porsche 911 GT1 and its historical significance at Lemans.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
P.S. I live in Southern California too, and I’m guessing a frightening percentage of the dream cars we see driving these roads everyday are financed. :biggrin
Leased. Everyone knows what happens when they come off warranty.

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I’m with Chip! I have displayed my 2017 GT three times at a very large 300-350 Cars and a Coffee in Houston and from my pictures I post in this Forum there is everything in the SUPERCAR area and I mean everything and most are owned by mostly middle Eastern what I call “trust fund kids” with very wealthy family members. All the latest and some I can’t even pronounce and most I have no idea who builds them. My GT is goergous and they are BUTT UGLY and have the most wild colors and stripes With interior stitching and colors that don’t even match. The New Ford GT is always the head turner and I can’t emphasize that enough and the crowds beg for me to stay and not leave. I’m in line with Chip on future values, we have pieces of art and people love them and always will! With Fords today racing results and stories the history is building and building fast! Stay tuned and hang on for the Fast Ride!

Last edited:

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
About the only reason I care about the NFGT rising in value is to not have to hear my wife with the “I told you so” routine. Other than that it’s completely irrelevant to me. My original 05 isn’t going anywhere and neither is the new one when I get it. I’ve owned and sold many exotics over the years but the GT’s simply own me. I know that sounds corny but it’s a short way to explain a very personal and deep feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Total BS

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dana Mecum May own the GT now and have $1,815,000 in it! Ha He deserves it after his comments, he’s a hothead and is mad at Ford!

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007

Awsum GT

GT Owner '05 & '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Central California

Last edited:

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
i don’t think so. Mine turns 1 year old on the 24th of this month!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Mecum left overs.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
The ad says $2 Million and “no issues” or contract restrictions for sale. Huh?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The ad says $2 Million and “no issues” or contract restrictions for sale. Huh?
I think Ford can only go after the original purchaser.It's changed hands 2 or 3 times now so I doubt there's anything they can do to this seller

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
This is a seller in Arlington, Texas trying to advance his poor purchase ! Never heard of him but handles exotics.