The New Mustang GTD

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR
Man, this thing is just nuts! It's crazy with how automakers are trending towards electric and crossovers that Ford would even consider doing a program like this. Really hope to be chosen for an allocation!

Reactions: extrap
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
How do you even apply? My masochism is flaring up so I'm in the mood for another Ford smackdown.

QSS

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR
How do you even apply? My masochism is flaring up so I'm in the mood for another Ford smackdown.

QSS
I asked one of the higher ups at Ford and he said it should be similar to the NGT.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I asked one of the higher ups at Ford and he said it should be similar to the NGT.

Attachments

• so your telling me there's a chance - 1.jpg
    so your telling me there's a chance - 1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Enzo101
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
So Your telling me there's a chance.

QSS

Reactions: Enzo101

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR
So Your telling me there's a chance.

QSS
HOPEFULLY!

Reactions: Johntpr

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Why? Did that process give Ford a fraction of what they were aiming for? What's the perecentage of NGT allocations that was not stored in a sealed garage to be flipped soon after expiration of the hold period with delivery mileage? Was that how Ford intended it and want to repeat?

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Why? Did that process give Ford a fraction of what they were aiming for? What's the perecentage of NGT allocations that was not stored in a sealed garage to be flipped soon after expiration of the hold period with delivery mileage? Was that how Ford intended it and want to repeat?
If you flipped your new GT you should be excluded from the GTD program.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
How 'bout the car reports the odometer reading to Ford HQ via wifi, maybe quarterly, and if the car hasn't been driven the required minimum X miles in a quarter, Ford issues a warning. 3rd strike, Ford repossesses. Too harsh?

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
If you flipped your new GT you should be excluded from the GTD program.
The "flipping" started after expiration of the hold period. Ford had no control over what owners did after the end of the 3 year holding period.

How about just taking the orders and if there are more orders than cars available then do a lottery to select who gets an allotment. Beyond that let the market decide. No preference given to rock stars, rappers, stand up comedians, or YouTubers. Just open it to anyone who can afford it. It couldn't be any worse than any other intricate scheme Ford or other car manufacturers came up with to reduce speculation and promote car exposure. May even be better to get the cars driven/exposed instead of getting stored waiting for expiration of some mandatory holding period.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Since there is recent history of escalating collector car prices, and with this car being another desirable limited production, and from the same factory, I think a lottery would result in the deepest pockets paying super high speculative prices on their rare investment that would get immediately stored into climate controlled darkness and never seen again until sold, I mean investment redeemed. The NGT method resulted in avoiding at least some of that ... I saw some in Arizona!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
With this car Ford may have found a way to make Balance of Performance work in their favor instead of against.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The race version is different but yes...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think the chips are for attending the reveal in Vegas. They don't signify that you will get an allocation. The selection process has not yet begun.

I saw the car close up at the Quail during Monterey Car Week. It is cooler in person. I spoke to a Ford "communication director?". He walked me through all the details of the car. Amazing. He said being a current owner of an '05-06 GT or NGT will not help in the selection process. I was told around $350K but higher with options. I asked about the weight "We are not ready at this time to release that information." My guess is around 3800 lbs DIN. I know it will be a blast to drive on the track. I can't wait to find who the lucky people on this forum to get one.

Ed

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Ed ,
If he said:
“not being a current owner of a 2005/6 or new Ford GT or one of each I assume … will NOT HELP in the selection process”…

Did he say anything ABOUT WHAT WOULD HELP IN THE SELECTION PROCESS ??

Andy (ajb)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I think the chips are for attending the reveal in Vegas. They don't signify that you will get an allocation. The selection process has not yet begun.

I saw the car close up at the Quail during Monterey Car Week. It is cooler in person. I spoke to a Ford "communication director?". He walked me through all the details of the car. Amazing. He said being a current owner of an '05-06 GT or NGT will not help in the selection process. I was told around $350K but higher with options. I asked about the weight "We are not ready at this time to release that information." My guess is around 3800 lbs DIN. I know it will be a blast to drive on the track. I can't wait to find who the lucky people on this forum to get one.

Ed

It is at least alluded to here that those with the "Vegas chip" have an allocation. It is unclear whether that is already "in the system" or if they have to apply as a pro-format task with one of the question that gets you 100% "what is your Vegas token number".

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It is at least alluded to here that those with the "Vegas chip" have an allocation. It is unclear whether that is already "in the system" or if they have to apply as a pro-format task with one of the question that gets you 100% "what is your Vegas token number".
Yeah, otherwise what would be the purpose of the number?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sorry I haven't had any time to mess with car stuff recently. If you were invited to, and attended the Vegas reveal event, you have a GTD allocation. I'm not really sure why the poker chip thing is such a topic of discussion. It's a souvenir. It's not like you can pass your poker chip to someone else, and say "Aha! I have this! You owe me a GTD!" :LOL: Ford knows who they invited.

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I am still not letting my poker chip go nor am I letting my allocation for the GTD.... Thanks again Dave, was a blast....

Reactions: JWZ and Johntpr

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Well, there you have it. We know some of the lucky people. I'm glad many forum members were selected!

Ed

Reactions: steved57 and JWZ