The new GT, how many and will you sell to obtain?

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
The saddest thing is I want another GT more than I want another Ferrari or McLaren.

A common sentiment I think and another reason why the FGT will be a million dollar car in 10 years mho. I've never had a desire for a Ferrari or McLaren. Another FGT? Yup.

However this brings up the white elephant in the room.

Will the new GT bring down values of the last one?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
A common sentiment I think and another reason why the FGT will be a million dollar car in 10 years mho. I've never had a desire for a Ferrari or McLaren. Another FGT? Yup.

However this brings up the white elephant in the room.

Will the new GT bring down values of the last one?

Absolutely , you'd be a fool to keep
it. I'll give you $200k right now.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas

Don't listen to him, he doesn't have the money right now like I do. I will give you full sticker price ;)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Don't listen to him, he doesn't have the money right now like I do. I will give you full sticker price ;)

Now that was funny! Good one!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia

Damn it!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I'll go 210!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Some one recently offered me 125k for mine because it has 39k on it.Told them to talk to my wife after I die!

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Some one recently offered me 125k for mine because it has 39k on it.Told them to talk to my wife after I die!

Because I drive mine also about 3k a year what is a higher 40k mile one worth these days? I friend of mine has an F40 that he drives a lot and know one ever asks what's the miles. Do you think some day it will not matter how many miles we have on our cars? and they will all be close in price regardless of miles.

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Because I drive mine also about 3k a year what is a higher 40k mile one worth these days? I friend of mine has an F40 that he drives a lot and know one ever asks what's the miles. Do you think some day it will not matter how many miles we have on our cars? and they will all be close in price regardless of miles.
Well, I drive mine too (31K mi and climbing), so I'm not impartial. When I go to a car museum, I don't look at the odometer, but I do look at the overall condition, so I tend to think that as time goes on and fewer of these are on the road the value will be determined primarily by condition and special history, rather than miles. Of course, those that get driven regularly will have more external and interior wear and tear than those that got stored in shrink-wrap, so condition tends to correlate to low miles. I also can point to a counter argument from antique and vintage motorcycles, where the "patina" of age and use is prized more than new paint and chrome. So the rule with old bikes is not to restore them to like new, but to clean them up, fix or replace broken parts only, and preserve the paint and rusty parts. But that might not be the case for our FGTs for another 4 or 5 decades, by which time all of us will be gone.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I wouldn't sell any of my GT's to get one. I would sell one of my Other cars however.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Docket set, and with all of the Ron Pratte cars, there wouldn't be "room".

Maybe not but they were able to find room for the Shelby GT350R, same show, no notice.
The GT was a stretch for the BJ auction since so little is known about the car.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/FORD-SHELBY-GT350R-COUPE-182535

Best, Bret.:wink

Last edited: