The new GT, how many and will you sell to obtain?

Dolph

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2012
Ruston, LA
. I don't ever remember such a tight secret being kept on a new car like this.
(and I have to say, I don't like the silence!!!) lol

Remember 1964? (Think Pony car)

Dolph

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Hi Dolph - Long time no see !

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Dr.-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.jpg

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Detroit is the same week as Barett Jackson.

Do you think BJ will auction the first unit off for charity?

B.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
... there is not going to be a 4000+ vehicle build on this car so pricing will be in the stratoshere.

Early in the rumors it was alluded that there were Ford RFQs for a 4000 unit build. If you dig deeper into the GT350 that is the number quoted for the first year production.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Detroit is the same week as Barett Jackson.

Do you think BJ will auction the first unit off for charity?

B.

Docket set, and with all of the Ron Pratte cars, there wouldn't be "room".

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I’m preparing to sell my wife for one.

How much for just renting for a couple of hours.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
How much for just renting for a couple of hours.

:facepalm:

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Maybe so. Some of Pratte's cars will have a reserve. No-sale no-commish.

Squeeze in a NR Ford charity racecar.................hell, Pratte may even buy it.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Maybe so. Some of Pratte's cars will have a reserve. No-sale no-commish.

Squeeze in a NR Ford charity racecar.................hell, Pratte may even buy it.

Pratte's done buying. Some of his cars are also major charity vehicles. His Futureliner bus is going for charity to the Armed Forces Foundation. The Super Snake Cobra (CSX3013) has reserve. The list is up. I got the big catalog in the mail last week.

Dolph

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2012
Ruston, LA
Hi Dolph - Long time no see !

Hey Steve,
I've been sleeping a lot since we made the Texas Mile. Been dreaming of driving my new FGT. Lol. Hope to see ya again soon.

Dolph

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
The saddest thing is I want another GT more than I want another Ferrari or McLaren.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The saddest thing is I want another GT more than I want another Ferrari or McLaren.

Nothing sad about that. Just evidence that you still have your shit together.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ron!! Shame on you. :facepalm:

Lady Moose
Glad you are feeling better!

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Well, I'll never sell my GT so it'd have to be an extra car. And I haven't even received my GT3 yet. But... If it were as spectacular as our GT's (in other words, if it were designed by Camilo) and I could get one without an additional mark up, I'd do it. If marked up then I'd wait and see how initial depreciation goes and hope. Ford offering to current GT owners sure would be nice.

Last edited:

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Won't be selling mine!
If the sticker is too high I will just have to wait for another day.
Best,
Mark

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
The new car would have to do some serious winning at LeMans to even begin a history like ours has. The GT / GT40 have a very tight physical and performance connection. At the time in the 1960s it ran in the top class and destroyed the competition. Even winning, the new car will be somewhat overshadowed by LMP1 and LMP2 classes.
The new car may be awesome, but hard to imagine prettier than ours. And the stories ours comes with: Enzo vs Henry the Deuce, Carroll Shelby's involvement, the 1-2-3 finish, 1075 winning 2 years, Jackie Ickx walk across the LeMans start, the Mark IV, Dan Gurney's champagne spray, the camera car for the LeMans movie.
There's a lot more to owning our GT than tech performance with nannies. Even with 20,000 miles on mine, straight trade, no thanks.

Last edited:

Cobraguy

GT Owner
The new car would have to do some serious winning at LeMans to even begin a history like ours has. The GT / GT40 have a very tight physical and performance connection. At the time in the 1960s it ran in the top class and destroyed the competition. Even winning, the new car will be somewhat overshadowed by LMP1 and LMP2 classes.
The new car may be awesome, but hard to imagine prettier than ours. And the stories ours comes with: Enzo vs Henry the Deuce, Carroll Shelby's involvement, the 1-2-3 finish, 1075 winning 2 years, Jackie Ickx walk across the LeMans start, the Mark IV, Dan Gurney's champagne spray, the camera car for the LeMans movie.

There's a lot more to owning our GT than tech performance with nannies. Even with 20,000 miles on mine, straight trade, no thanks.

Well stated!!!!,

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia

You are on the money, hard to believe that they will achieve anywhere near that level of success this time around. The 1960's program was a money is not an obstacle in terms of fielding a winning car. I hope I have to eat my words but hard to believe Ganassi and his drivers will be successful with a budgeted effort using inexperienced people. I hope they poached some really good people from Audi, Peugeot, Porsche, Aston, Ferrari or even Corvette to help with design development and planning.
The appearance will probably be dominated by aerodynamics so the car will not likely be as pleasing to eye as our cars are.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Mines not going anywhere, I never bought it thinking it would go up in value...

It won't matter if the 2016 crashes on the first turn at Le Mans. If they make under 1000, it will be an instant classic, regardless of the engine or performance. There are a lot more than 1000 potential buyers.

It saddens me to think that if its limited, the select few buyers, will stick them in a hermedically sealed vault without enjoying them.

I still get a kick out of taking mine to Fresh Market and road trips, on a summer day to grab Beers and Meat for the grill. My (now grown up kids) would ride their bikes around it in the garage (driving everyone crazy but me).

Either way, I'll get one if given the opportunity and I will drive the crap out of it. I never think of its value... its relative really.

Sorry for the the long answer... If I can afford to buy it I will, if I had to sell my existing GT, I won't. Interesting question though.

Last edited: