The GTs got a new stable mate

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
It was the right time to buy a F430,there was someome here that had the both.Nothing will replace the GT experience,I just always wanted one.Plus
it looks good with the gals.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
It was the right time to buy a F430,there was someome here that had the both.Nothing will replace the GT experience,I just always wanted one.Plus

Bring on the pics:banana

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Congrats. I am one of the ones that own both. The F430 is a total different animal and has its own merits. I do love how that flat 8 sounds at high revs.

From personal experience I predict that after two or three months the F car will be used less and less. Don't get me wrong, it is a great car, I have just found that most days, given the choice I seem to always choose the GT for that Sunday drive...

TifosiTed

GT Owner
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago Burbs
Congrats. I am one of the ones that own both. The F430 is a total different animal and has its own merits. I do love how that flat 8 sounds at high revs.

From personal experience I predict that after two or three months the F car will be used less and less. Don't get me wrong, it is a great car, I have just found that most days, given the choice I seem to always choose the GT for that Sunday drive...

I think he means the flat crank in that V-8:biggrin

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Seems to always be the case with the Vipers vs the GT for me.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Yea your probably right

If you dont mind,i will probably be picking your brain Chris.I know about the power kill switch in trunk.Cant i just keep a tender pluged though hot inlet
in dash to keep it at full charge with the switch on all the time in garage.

streetking

GT Owner
Jan 30, 2008
Congrats, I have one also and love the F430. No matter what, there is nothing like the sound and feel of a Ferrari...

SW

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I hope you got an F1. It makes the car!!!:thumbsup

DGCA

*Supporting Vendor*
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2007
Southern California
I got an F car also and the GT gets out twice as much! I keep the Ferrari battery tender plugged into the dash and leave the kill switch on and never have a problem. Congratulations, enjoy the cars as much as you can!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL

Like Chris, I have a couple of F-cars myself, but always gravitate to the GT. Have fun, the 430 is awesome to drive, and the sound is even better.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Hey G-Force, I just noticed that you posted a question about plugging in the Battery Tender. I have installed a direct lead with an in-line fuse directly from the battery to hook the battery tender into, as the computer cuts out the lighter after a short period. I leave the battery and do not turn off the trunk disconnect. That way my clock, ECU, etc. all stay "hot". Plus it will help the longevity of your security system, as the integral battery pack will lose its juice without power going to it over time. (That's a several hundred dollar replacement). I have found that my batteries will last years without any trouble even when the car is driven infrequently (as mine are).

Aug 25, 2006
I think he means the flat crank in that V-8:biggrin

I am sure that he did as the only flat was the 12 cylinder in the Redheads

Shadowman

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Congrats! I got a Lambo Murci for my GT as a stable mate. I love the Lambo! I will have to get a 430 one of these days. I just think I am more of a Lambo guy ;)

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Hey,Blk GT,That next!

If i can get by the 4 wheel drive thing.I got a brut,made by AEV,there putting a hemi in it i sould have it in three weeks.Thats my 4 wheel drive
ride, sports cars + 4 wheel drive i dont know. I guess i will get blasted for saying that.