The GT Guys in FL & 1/15/07 track day - PLEASE RESPOND ASAP!!!

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Tungsten & Abolfaz, thanks for the note! You guys have been added.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
piccola said:
Bony, make sure to watch for my hand signals as I fly by you on the track. There should be plenty of opportunities in case you miss it the first few times. :banana
:wink

like you would be the first...

Attachments

• grandma1a.jpg
    grandma1a.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 79

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
whats up with the event...

Attachments

• missspideykittens4saleanyoneinterested.zip
    86 KB · Views: 39

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
First of all I want to thank ALL of you guys who have posted or sent e-mails/PMs, especially the guys willing to come from MI, TX, CA, GA, & Australia! I know you have been looking forward to spending a day on the track w/friends & other GT owners. Unfortunately, when Sebring fell through, the number of people coming dropped. Adding to this, since Chin Motorsports is no longer hosting the track weekend before our event (they were also kicked off of their Sebring dates), having them or other skilled instructors such as Panoz come all the way for just one day would bump up the cost an extra $2-3K (totaling $17-19K). At this time, we don't have enough people coming to make it work.

We do have a couple of options:

We have an opportunity to invite lambo &/or viper guys to join us at the track. We would still be able to put a few social events together that weekend for both track & non-track GT owners while the GT Guys worked on the cars. Those interested in taking their car to the track would then be able to go.

We could also bypass the track day & just have a weekend in South FL for the GT Guys to come & work on the cars (similar to what they are doing in Dallas & Oklahoma). We could even have one day for them to come to South FL & possibly one day in Central FL, if people would prefer that.

With over 40 GT owners in FL alone, & since we've never had a large get together on our coast, perhaps we could steer toward something more social. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on either of these ideas, or anything else you might have in mind.

Thanks, MJ

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
i was only ever going to the trackdays as a guest, so my opinion may be
worth nought.

if we can't enough GT's for a trackday we have a social weekend.

so what i'm saying is it's GT's or nuthing.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Hey Bony - I did'nt know you were giving your cat away:rofl

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 47

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
MJ- You have probably already thought of this, but does Chin have another weekend scheduled this winter at Sebring we could schedule next to? The weather is still pretty nice in Sebring relative to the rest of the country until mid April.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I know how much work has gone into this event. Thanks Mary Jo! I am curious how many GT owners really want to put their car on the track at speed. I am sure we will determine the true number when we get closer to the National Rally.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
bony said:
I know how much work has gone into this event. Thanks Mary Jo! I am curious how many GT owners really want to put their car on the track at speed. I am sure we will determine the true number when we get closer to the National Rally.

True, Bony. I am still hoping we can get Willow on the schedule.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
MAD IN NC said:

I had her on ebay and got no offers. She was the best pussy I ever had. Now she is free to a good home, are you interested? :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:
MJ- You have probably already thought of this, but does Chin have another weekend scheduled this winter at Sebring we could schedule next to? The weather is still pretty nice in Sebring relative to the rest of the country until mid April.

I would love to see a GT social tied in with the 12 Hour Race. Take a box over the pits, I have usually acess to a Provost party bus. Mary Jo said dates to rent the track were very limited and that is why she had to select Jan 15.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
bony said:
I would love to see a GT social tied in with the 12 Hour Race. Take a box over the pits, I have usually acess to a Provost party bus. Mary Jo said dates to rent the track were very limited and that is why she had to select Jan 15.

Maybe just a social weekend like what is being worked on for the Indy500? Hmmm worth looking into.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
MAD IN NC said:

Yup, just remember you often times get what you pray for...

Attachments

• pleasedb.jpg
    pleasedb.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 86

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Florida Chris said:

Good idea Chris. I had discussed this a few weeks ago w/them. Weekends are booked through July, but if we were to coordinate a Monday at Sebring following a Chin Motorsports weekend, I forget the dates, but they have about one week/month STARTING in April through September (sorry nothing sooner). Summer w/95 degrees & FL humidity aren't ideal when you are in a hot car w/pants, longsleeves, & a helmet.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
bony said:

We could probably do something like this. 2007 would be the 40th anniversary for the 2 GT40's that took 1st & 2nd there (Mk IV & Mk II). Not to mention the 1-2-3 sweep at Sebring the yr before ('66). I don't have any idea if they have a large block of seats open, especially near the pits. I wonder if a parade lap w/the GTs or special parking would be possible... If enough people are interested, that could be something else to look into. The only concern I'd have is that it's pretty close to the Indy 500 event that Joey is putting together. I'm probably not going to be able to go to the Indy 500, so this would be something I'd love to do.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
FL track day officially cancelled for 1/15/07

Hi guys!

Well, to those of you who were looking forward to the track day in January, I’m letting you know that it has officially been cancelled. We do not have enough people interested to cover the costs at this point.

If, down the road, we do end up putting a social (or other track) event together in FL, a new thread will be started.

Still want a place to track your GT? Both Don Beach & John Canal have mentioned other possible track events coming up that GT owners are invited to. I've asked them to start a new thread w/info on these events so keep your eyes peeled!! I know there are guys who'd like to take their GT to the track w/other GT owners, & this would be a great (& less expensive) way to do that! :thumbsup

Also, there is talk of a possible track day in CA during the 2007 rally (for those East Coasters shipping their GT's cross country).

MJ

Last edited: