The Ford GT Hardcover book is here!!!!!

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Can't wait to see it my friend :thumbsup
For all of my fellow Canadian owners, I know first hand there is part of this book that explains the few differences in our cars, including pix - Hmmmmm how did I know that :biggrin
:cheers
Trent

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Okay, just recieved a phone call from Chris Mc Gregor and Rick at Carlisle........
We are going to have the Nardo car !!!!!! next to CP-1 :thumbsup
This is a big surprise........cp-1 and nardo , let the chains down and after each book , people will be able to sit in the cars and take pictures.........neat.....
Looks like we are up to 20 gt owners popping buy and remember engine builders and plant managers will be on hand to answer all questions......these are th same guys building your new mustangs and all the rest......enjoy gtjoey1314:thumbsup

Last edited:

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Being the custodian of "Nardo" is an honor and I am happy to participate in this big event. Rick is a true gentleman and I am really looking forward to it. Big thanks to everyone involved in organizing this event.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Can't wait to see it my friend :thumbsup
For all of my fellow Canadian owners, I know first hand there is part of this book that explains the few differences in our cars, including pix - Hmmmmm how did I know that :biggrin
:cheers
Trent
\

Trent, I read that part of the book already .............. it's very well written and very informative.

It's amazing how this book is almost already sold out. I can't wait to add it to my collection.
I had seen a lot of the book as it was being developed, and the completed book will impress everyone. The photographs that I have seen are absolutely amazing.

And a special thanks to everyone who included their owner profile.

--

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Trent, give me a call, have an idea of maybe 3 or 4 vinyl banners of the book cover 3x3 possible, with the carlisle dates and book signing announcement
got a feeling if we sign it it will auction fast at the show, for kids things or charity....neat?
thanks gtjoey1314....

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I will get a full explanation of what the "Nardo" car is in the book, correct?

I am a late comer to some of these deatails

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Nardo is the yellow GT that ran 205+ at the track in Nardo, Italy. Chris in Texas owns it. Bought it at the auction at Rally III in Vegas.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Nardo is the yellow GT that ran 205+ at the track in Nardo, Italy. Chris in Texas owns it. Bought it at the auction at Rally III in Vegas.

The Nardo car was the fastest FGT in the world, was driven by Mark McGowan to 211.89. No production car could match that speed since the factory speed limiter was set to 205 MPH.

Now the Nardo car is one of the slowest in the world, with a speed limiter set to 5 MPH when it was sold at Rally III.

Last edited:

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
I will get a full explanation of what the "Nardo" car is in the book, correct?

I am a late comer to some of these deatails

If u r not sure what the Nardo GT is, do a search in YouTube for FORD GT nardo, you'll see the Ford team did that amazing 211.8 run. Great piece of FGT history.

Ed

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks Guys! :thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
2112, Good morning and a happy holiday to all , The Nardo car, Cp-1 , Sonic Blue and others are all in Chapter 7 called the Special interest/ Ultimate collector Gt's. Im sure someone else will jump in with more info on the Nardo car it is a Very Significant piece of Ford GT history.That car set the stage world wide with its record breaking speeds in Italy hence the NARDO car, Nardo Italy....ciao,ciao....gtjoey1314:biggrin:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKOtbmV5Adk

I never get tired of watching it. Amazing!

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
Does anyone own cp-15 on the forum? Thx

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Thanks for the link Chris. the Nardo car is probably the most important non raced GT since P-1075 took Lemans in 69.

Stu

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Thanks for the link Chris. the Nardo car is probably the most important non raced GT since P-1075 took Lemans in 69.

Stu

Thanks Stu. I think so too. My heirs will appreciate it lol. And it's my second favoritest (sp) color...after red of course!

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
CP-1 & The "Nardo Car" back together again.:thumbsup WOW!
I understand that the FORD Carlisle event was originally not going to feature much on this historic FORD icon. However, as usual ,(in the eleventh hour), GTJOEY pulls this off. Many thanks to Rick, Lance, Joey and Chris. I had a previous engagement but those plans have now changed so I can be present for this once again, once in a lifetime event.See you there guys.......:thumbsup

GTJIMMY

Last edited:

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I just received a note from Marcie. It looks like I'm not too late, and Marcie will be able to send me the serial number plate that corresponds to the last three in my VIN. Many thanks to Marcie and GT Joey. You two are awesome!

Best Regards,
Waldo

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKOtbmV5Adk

I never get tired of watching it. Amazing!

Loved watching the video but Chris is it true that your car hasn't gone above 5mph since?

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Hot laps at LVMS, Rally III with Mark Mcgowan and Rocketman brought it back to Glory.

Stu

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
This technically was the last , now religated to posterity and historical statis only
http://vimeo.com/19251567
GTJOEY1314:biggrin