The first part of the flight looked like fun...

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
[video=youtube;LEFCQRwj28w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LEFCQRwj28w[/video]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ble-Mountain-cheats-death-crashing-cliff.html

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
That's going to leave a mark.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks Dick. Wow!
A fool and his life are soon separated. He was luck, this time.....

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Follow your passion…………till death do you part..

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
At least he had the skills and knowledge to do everything he could to deter his death - unlike the pilots of Air France Flight 447.

Not my bag, though. I'll keep my feet on the ground, or behind the wheel of my vehicles.

H

HHGT

Follow your passion…………till death do you part..

My passion is to be on this forum every second of the day.

I am forever grateful to Ford for making this awesome car,
The great guys that I have met that share this passion and because of this forum
and
DBK for changing my life forever - There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about Dave now.

Last edited:

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
At least he had the skills and knowledge to do everything he could to deter his death - unlike the pilots of Air France Flight 447.

Not my bag, though. I'll keep my feet on the ground, or behind the wheel of my vehicles.

Yea, he kept his cool. Kind of hard to steer a wingsuit with two broken legs.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
From a press report:

"The accident happened in January, and Corliss has been in the hospital ever since.

The Daily Mail reports:

Michelle Norris, spokeswoman for the Christiaan Barnaard Hospital in Cape Town, today said he remained there under observation and was due to be discharged on Friday.

She said: “Mr Corliss needed extensive surgery on his legs and also needed skin grafts to repair the damage. He suffered serious injuries and remains in the hospital, although he has been making good progress in recovery.

“One of the reasons he is still with us is that we needed to check how the wounds would heal from the skin grafts, but we hope to be able to discharge him on Friday. After that he plans to return home immediately to America to be with his family.”"

To paraphrase Dirty Harry; people who want to pursue what is, by any rational standard, an obviously life threatening endeavor have to ask themselves a two part question before undertaking it: "Do I feel far luckier today than anyone else in the history of the planet", and, "If this thing 'goes south', is the 'thrill' I'm seeking worth dying for?" Regardless of one's answer to the former, the only sensible answer to the latter is "NO".

Obviously, Zarathustra and I have much in common...

Spineless Pockets

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My passion is to be on this forum every second of the day.

I am forever grateful to Ford for making this awesome car,
The great guys that I have met that share this passion and because of this forum
and
DBK for changing my life forever - There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about Dave now.
I couldn't agree more. But thinking of DBK every day ?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
saw this comin his way several years ago....