The D

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I don’t usually like the Youtube sob stories but this one is worth the time. Detroit sucks… sorry Dave.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
His new philosophy stated at the end of the video makes it worth watching. Too bad he had to go through what he did to realize it.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
His new philosophy stated at the end of the video makes it worth watching. Too bad he had to go through what he did to realize it.

+1 'Just what I was thinking...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The hood is a dangerous place.

That video is popular around here. Macomb is really not very close to Detroit. It may be 35 miles on a map, but it might as well be on a different planet.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I think people should get LIFE for attempted murder. 35 years is not long enough for that crime!

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
About 25 years ago I went to Detroit for a programming class for one of the machines I bought. Things were pretty dicey at the plant location. When I pulled up to the guard inside the parking compound I asked him if I should park my rental car in the razor wire compound. He said "if you want to see it again". The small amount of time I spent there I soon realized why the price of plywood had increased. They were all on the windows.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Great video, thanks for sharing.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I was been trying to figure out who this kid reminded me of, and then it struck me; Adam Sandler. He could be Sandler's younger brother. 'Looks like him, 'kinda moves like him, 'talks like him, & 'sounds like him IMO.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I think people should get LIFE for attempted murder. 35 years is not long enough for that crime!

:agree: And the sentence should be served in a tent somewhere near Barrow, Alaska. ("Sheriff Joe" probably has a spare one lying around that he'd be willing to donate.)

H

HHGT

Parasites.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
The hood is a dangerous place.

That video is popular around here. Macomb is really not very close to Detroit. It may be 35 miles on a map, but it might as well be on a different planet.
I figured if the victim was 15-16 and driving a decent Grand Cherokee that his family was doing better than most in Detroit.

I know what you're saying, just because he didn't get a kill shot doesn't mean he should get any break. I think it's more about social effect. This kid will be out in 10 years anyway. Imagine that, 25 years old and 10 years of his life in prison. He will be a well trained criminal when he gets out.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
That is one tough kid.

Chip

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I figured if the victim was 15-16 and driving a decent Grand Cherokee that his family was doing better than most in Detroit.

I know what you're saying, just because he didn't get a kill shot doesn't mean he should get any break. I think it's more about social effect. This kid will be out in 10 years anyway. Imagine that, 25 years old and 10 years of his life in prison. He will be a well trained criminal when he gets out.

Should have gotten the death penalty. As you say my bet is he will do more crime, his head isn't screwed on strait and that ain't going to be fixed by 10 years in prison.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

The term "Detroit" is really loosely used. People say "Detroit" and they mean the roughly 5 million people that live in the suburbs that sprawled out of what used to be Detroit. The actual city of Detroit is not very big, and the population is only around 700k, and it's pretty much exclusively black. If you meet a white guy that says "I'm from Detroit," unless he's a hipster 20-something that's living downtown while he has less responsibility, odds are he means one of the surrounding cities. The areas don't transition slowly like they do in a lot of cities. There are lines to be crossed, and you're gonna know when you've done it.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Agree with Dave . I live in Bloomfield Hills (about 20 miles from 'The D' and 4 miles from Dave) but still say I am from "Outside Detroit" when asked. The 'lines' are clear, but in reality the danger of the "Detroit Mindset" is creeping outward. Southfield is becoming dangerous and just last night in Waterford Twp, 5 were shot in a bowling alley in an argument. Dearborn at night is no place to be either.
I am careful even in my subdivision. It is a sad state of affairs. But the ''social engineering and entitlement mindset'' started several generations ago. I feel sorry for the school kids.
ajb

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I've never been to Detroit but every city has it's no-fly zone. There are plenty of places in Dallas the DPD does not go after dark. It just seems like in Detroit, most of the city has been lost to the plague. If your partial to the town, then I'm sure it is sad to watch it fall apart. It the first modern city, of my time anyway, that seems to be on the verge of total self implosion. LA, Houston, Honolulu they've all got problems too.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
LA, Houston, Honolulu they've all got problems too.

I guess that is a good thing in your line of work. :(

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
The kid, Ross Capicchioni, gets to meet the man who saved his life.

http://www.andersoncooper.com/2011/10/28/ross-meets-the-man-who-saved-his-life/

Last edited: