Thanks to Bob Ida

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Around ten days ago, went out to take the GT for a drive-snow was gone and roads were cleaned up. Started her up and noticed a lot of white smoke coming from the engine bay:ack Shut down, opened the clam shell, and saw a section of the Ida exhaust pipe ~ 3 in. from the connecting flange to one of the cats had broken. The break was so clean I thought there was a connecting sleeve where it had broken. Put the car on my lift, removed the rear diffuser, and realized the X pipe unit would have to be removed. Called Bob Ida, he said take it off and send it to him. Got my Mechanic Buddy to come over, and we removed it. Just took the airbox and rear diffuser off-pretty simple. Sent it back to Ida Automtive on a Tuesday and had it back on Friday with new seals etc.:banana Called Bob as no bill was included and was told there was no charge, even though I was well outside of any warranty consideration. Bob did suggest to check the bolt tightness of his exhaust periodically as the heat and vibration in the engine bay of our cars may loosen things up to the point that there is a metal fatigue failure.
Thanks, Bob. Well done.:thumbsup

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
I have done business with Bob in the past and can't say enough good things about him. He is a stand up guy! PD

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Bob is most definitely a class act in my book .
The best kept secret when it comes to Gt's
He is very well known and accomplished in the drag racing world and equally as well known in the resto mod world .A really great guy!
check this out. Very impressive
http://www.idaautomotive.com/

Aug 25, 2006
I always enjoy reading thread like this.

Shadowman

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
What are the chances Bob Ida will start manufacturing Ford GT tachometers for less than the $2700 Ford is currently charging?

TrackDay

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
Bob is most definitely a class act in my book .
The best kept secret when it comes to Gt's
He is very well known and accomplished in the drag racing world and equally as well known in the resto mod world .A really great guy!
check this out. Very impressive
http://www.idaautomotive.com/

Well said Ron.
Ida Automotive is in the very best sence of the word, one of a kind!
Thanks to them we have many long lasting solutions for our fantastic cars.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
What are the chances Bob Ida will start manufacturing Ford GT tachometers for less than the $2700 Ford is currently charging?

Best way to find out is to call him and ask 1-732-591-1245.

Dave