thanks DBK!! Appreciate the 9/11 salute

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Last night I watched that movie done by the two French photojournalists who where at Firehouse #1 and covered the World Trade Center. I had the worst night of sleep afterwards. Today I have been in a 9/11 funk. Glad to see that THE FORD GT FORUM is recognizing those that gave so much. THANKS DAVE FOR BEING A CLASS ACT. I sincerely appreciate it. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Amen.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
:usa

For all those gone; for all those fighting.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Continued thoughts and prayers for those widows/widowers and orphans left behind.

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
visited the church next door and lit a candle and said a prayer

god bless

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Your thoughts are echoed - To those who suffered loss and to those who are still giving.

My 19 year old nephew is in Iraq. My thoughts and prayers are with him as, I'm sure, are yours.
Mrs. Blue Moose

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Blue Moose said:
Your thoughts are echoed - To those who suffered loss and to those who are still giving.

My 19 year old nephew is in Iraq. My thoughts and prayers are with him as, I'm sure, are yours.
Mrs. Blue Moose

for those that want to support our kids... I am supportive of this project

www.projectboresnake.org

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Finished watching ABC's mini-series last night on 9/11 after watching the excellent special on the Natl.Geography channel several nights ago. Even if only half of the ABC material was correct, I was enraged to the point of tears after watching the show.Democrats and Republicans alike share the responsibility of allowing 2900+ deaths due to their inability to keep politics out of common sense decisions.Doing things right vs. doing the right thing are very different. And the "beat goes on." To have the President use this show to justify why we are in Iraq was ill-advised and inappropriate, IMHO. Interesting results on the "report card" issued by the 9/11 Commission evaluating the progress made to date on their recommendations 4 years ago.
Yesterday afternoon I drove back from Baltimore to Richmond. I did not see ONE car with an American flag or some patriotic symbol commemorating this sad day. Overpasses which were filled with flags and slogans five years ago were bare- with one exception which had 6-10 people standing over RT. 95 waving large American flags. No one on RT. 95 sounded their horns, waved etc as they drove by.
It is unbelieve to me how soon we forget. :mad As has been said, pure and simple, this country is at war and has been since 9/11. I don't want my kids and Grandchildren to be exposed to some fu..in terrorist who should have been taken out. It's time we woke up.
Appologies for the ranting. Dave, please feel free to move this if it belongs elsewhere.

escman

GT Owner
Nov 16, 2005
Long Island, NY
9-11 Lights

Sometimes you just do crazy things... Monday night at 11, I grabbed the old lady and a camera, and headed down to ground zero. An hour later, no traffic, just thousands of people milling around looking at the spot where 2,749 poor souls lost their lives! Very sobering indeed. The two projected columns of light were very impressive. I took over thirty pictures using different features of the camera. Dave, let me know how to upload some of them to somewhere in the site and I will do so.

Townshend

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Thanks DBK....A short memory is a dangerous thing.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
You guys are unbelieveable :usa . I was in Oregon working and on 9/11 I felt like a was alone. Thinking and recapping on this date and what happend. I was with a crew of Germans who even remembered the day. I took a lot of time to myself that day and stopped by a church in downtown Portland to reflect. I was having computer troubles and if I hadn't,... I would of been able to spend some of that silence with you guys here on this unbelieveable site. You guys are great. My thoughts and prayers to all of you who've lost loved ones and have loved ones serving.... much thanks and appreciation :thumbsup :usa