Thank you Safecraft

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Some time back I had a Safecraft halon system installed in my GT (thank you Shadowman). While looking over the car recently, I noticed that the pressure in the halon bottle had dropped in to the red/low zone. I contacted both Shadowman and Don Warren over at Safecraft and both conferred and suggested that I bring the car in to the Safecraft offices for a diagnosis.
I did just that today, my son and I making the trip to Concord CA. Turns out that there was a small leak at the bottle/valve interface dropping the nitrogen pressure agent levels but the system was still operating.
All said, I couldn't be more pleased with the treatment I received from Don and team. Thorough, detailed, friendly, helpful. A perfect experience. As a geek it was great to talk to a bunch of engineers who have a deep understanding of all aspects of this technology and a focus on excellence in their practice.
Just wanted to pass along my thanks.

Aug 25, 2006
This was a wonderful post

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Safe Craft Team

They have several wonderful products for our gals.

All the best

Shadowman

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Yes they do. And I bought one while there. A red extinguisher with a tunnel mount. I'm likely heading to a car event in a few weeks and it's required. Plus it continues the belt and suspenders saga.

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
We just got up to the house where the GT spends the winter and decided to do some engine detailing. Low and behold I found that the pressure in my Halon bottle has dropped to near zero. I took my "sniffer" and I think I have identified the leak and fixed it by tightening the fitting. My problem is now how do I get the bottle recharged? I thought I remember seeing a post where someone mentioned that you cannot ship the bottle via the mail.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and happy New Year.

Jeff

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
We just got up to the house where the GT spends the winter and decided to do some engine detailing. Low and behold I found that the pressure in my Halon bottle has dropped to near zero. I took my "sniffer" and I think I have identified the leak and fixed it by tightening the fitting. My problem is now how do I get the bottle recharged? I thought I remember seeing a post where someone mentioned that you cannot ship the bottle via the mail.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and happy New Year.

Jeff

After some new terrorism law you cannot ship a pressurized bottle of halon without a hazmat permit and fees. So you have to find am authorized hazmat shipping center to originate the shipment. Now if your bottle is empty maybe those rules don't apply. I would call Don at Safecraft.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ic is right. I shipped mine to SafeCraft via FEdEx, but it was pricey.